Like, stop saying "Like"...Like...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lighten up! I bet there's parts of your vernacular that she finds annoying too, and there would definitely have been parts of your vernacular that shit your dad to tears. Language is fluid, and it's playful. Presumably she has the presence of mind to speak more formally when the circumstance demands. Just grin and bear it in the knowledge that her kid's language and grammatical mutations will drive her sideways too.

Lighten up! I bet there's parts of your vernacular that she finds annoying too, and there would definitely have been parts of your vernacular that shit your dad to tears. Language is fluid, and it's playful. Presumably she has the presence of mind to speak more final when the circumstance demands. Just grin and bear it in the knowledge that her kid's language and grammatical mutations will drive her sideways too.
I can tell who the teenies are in this debate ;)

One that I'm very happy to not hear much any more is "it's all good". For a while there it seemed every one bar me thought everything was all good. What a concept. I was soooo like, over it.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Thats like totally awsome.
Seriously ? Really ? This is not rocket science, so think outside the box, literally.

My two cents.

Gelding said:
Seriously ? Really ? This is not rocket science, so think outside the box, literally.

My two cents.
Totally rad dude, like totally

I saw the sun set, this massive red ball of fire is like amazeballs.

Older age groups can be just as irritating, particularly fairly well educated women over the age of 30 who murder the language (the sort who work in the public service or banks, or schoolteachers etc). Younger women don't seem to do it.

Oy doynt knoy where moy moybile foyne is. It's soy annoying.

and even more irritating:

Oy doynt knoy abardid.

The woman who totally pisses me off is that dumb bogan slag who is apparently a nutritionist, on that show "Good Chef, bad Chef".

Ah wanna purrin some cussad pa (translation: I want to put in some custard powder)

I emailed her and told her to actually pronounce the letter T when it occurs within a word, but for some reason she ignored me. Maybe I should stop watching daytime TV.

But.. I thought the "not pronouncing the letter T" thing was English. We string words together and under pronnounce the letter R.

Latest posts

Back