Last Brew At Sail And Anchor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevem01

Reaction score
Just down at the sail and the staff put me onto the "1894 IPA of the hand pump" apparently the last brew onsite.

Well worth the effort to get on down an try it.

I don't know if there is much left but it would be good to get a wake going for Saturday

Just down at the sail and the staff put me onto the "1894 IPA of the hand pump" apparently the last brew onsite.

Well worth the effort to get on down an try it.

I don't know if there is much left but it would be good to get a wake going for Saturday

Im coming over early May - I dont suppose you could leave me a pint or two?

very sad to see the last brew from this Iconic pub brewery!!

This stuff knocked me out cold. That and the serious drinking session it was in. A very nice drop. Big malt flavour and bitterness. I don't really remember the hop character. I think it was just epically malt, so it got blurred out. If you are in Perth, get down there to say goodbye.

I can also vouch for it's awesomeness. Amazingly rich english hop and malt character while still remaining exceptionally well balanced. 7.2% and with 85kg hops in 1200L(?) - that's a lotta hops!!! The brewer's dubbed it "Bitter End" (i thought Bitter Revenge more appropriate) but perhaps the suits/head honchos didn't find that as amusing as the rest of us....

Latest posts

Back