G’day from BrisVegas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

GrumbleBrew

Reaction score
G’day all,

I’m pretty new to this hobby, having kicked off a couple of Christmas’s ago with a Mangrove Jacks microbrewery as a gift.

I’ve always loved to cook, and I like sciencey stuff, so brewing turned out to be the perfect combo.😁 Didn’t take long before I got completely hooked!

Next thing our old wine fridge got repurposed as fermentation fridge. Quickly got sick of cleaning bottles and cobbled together a cheap kegging setup with 2.4L PET bottles and Kegland fittings.

Was enjoying the extract brews, but after doing a couple of stove top partial mashes I decided to dive right down the rabbit hole and try all grain. Went for a digiboil and BIAB bag as a starter.

Spent the next twelve months saving up pocket money, and lashed out on a 4 Tap kegerator. So now 1/2 the garage has been rebadged as Ithaca Creek Brewing (I know…I‘m a tosser, but I’m having fun!)

Currently on tap are a session lager, NZ IPA (extract), Schwarzbier (which was meant to be a partial mash Dunkel, but I put too much chocolate malt in) and a ginger beer.

Feels like I’ve learned a shitload over the last couple of years, but at the same time have only just scratched the surface of what there is to learn.

Cheers

GrumbleBrew

Reaction score
Thanks philrob, Appreciate the welcome.

Recently lived at The Gap for a couple of years myself. There’s plenty around, but unfortunately none very close. What I’ve found so far:

Country Brewer at Stafford is the closest, so good for convenience and basics.
Hoppy Days at Virginia is hard to beat for range and advice.
I find the people at the Brew shed at Strathpine super friendly, but it’s a bit of a hike.
I used to go to Canon Hill home brewing for their range, low prices, and being open on a Sunday. Unfortunately they‘ve dropped the ball since their tap room opened. Online store has been offline for over a year.

Cheers