Kit And Extract Beer Spreadsheet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Currently testing what I am calling version 2.0 of the spreadsheet.

It will allow you to name and save recipes to a Recipes Worksheet then retrieve them back into the Main Worksheet. The spreadsheet will come with four macro buttons for New Recipe (as it is now), Save Recipe, Get Recipe, and Delete Recipe.

I have done all the coding and I am now testing trying to find and fix any problems.

Also I changed the hop time cells so they will accept a D or d for dry Hopping. Doesn't affect the calculations but displays on the Brewday worksheet as Dry Hopping, plus can be saved in the recipes.

Hopefully Version 2 will ready in a few days.

cheers

Ian

Great job there. Looking forward to the new version.

Love it but I have to boot to Windoze to run it. Can I some how convert it to open office 3.1.

Many thanks for the spread sheet. :icon_chickcheers:

Yeah running Ubuntu OS :rolleyes:

It works just fine in OOO, only the macros dont really work well.

Linux seems fairly prevalent in the HB community. I think in the same way that we don't want some mega-corporation telling us how beer should taste, we also don't want some mega-corporation telling us how to use our computers.

Love it but I have to boot to Windoze to run it. Can I some how convert it to open office 3.1.

I don't think the macros will run correctly in open office especially when I add the recipe worksheet in version 2 which I will probably upload tomorrow.

I do not have a copy of Open Office to try it, I have enough trouble making sure the spreadsheet will run in Excel versions from 97 to 2007.

cheers

Ian

Could convert the whole thing to a PHP/MySQL web based type app without too much trouble. Then it'd be cross platform and people just create accounts to store their details. Then you could start doing things like sharing recipe's etc ;)

I don't think the macros will run correctly in open office especially when I add the recipe worksheet in version 2 which I will probably upload tomorrow.

I do not have a copy of Open Office to try it, I have enough trouble making sure the spreadsheet will run in Excel versions from 97 to 2007.

cheers

Ian

Thanks Mate was just asking.. To lazy to reboot and I hate Windoze will just have to if I need to run Macros.

I run it using open office - you just need to edit your macro security to allow macros.
That being said most of the macros don't work in OO, but all the calculations do

Linux seems fairly prevalent in the HB community. I think in the same way that we don't want some mega-corporation telling us how beer should taste, we also don't want some mega-corporation telling us how to use our computers.

Either that or we are a bunch of tight arses :lol:

I think in the same way that we don't want some mega-corporation telling us how beer should taste, we also don't want some mega-corporation telling us how to use our computers.

blah blah blah. pipe down consumerist boy. i know you drove a european car and live in a swanky suburb which hasn't got even one crack house. and i'm sure i remember you throwing away your red beret and cutting your hair off years ago.

love to SWMBO and the kids.

OMG what a shock! Anyone who has met this guy IRL has heard a variant of this speech 1000 times

:p

I still love ya bud :)

(And OT, love this spreadsheet too)

I run it using open office - you just need to edit your macro security to allow macros.
That being said most of the macros don't work in OO, but all the calculations do

Yes I did not think the macros would work. I tried OO 2 a while back and it didn't like macros then, have not tried it since.

So I assume all the numbers are OK it just doesn't update the beer colour in the glass and the New Recipe button doesn't work. As I said version 2 will have three additional macros for saving, getting and deleting recipes, which I assume unfortunately won't work either in OO.

blah blah blah. pipe down consumerist boy. i know you drove a european car and live in a swanky suburb which hasn't got even one crack house. and i'm sure i remember you throwing away your red beret and cutting your hair off years ago.

love to SWMBO and the kids.

OMG what a shock! Anyone who has met this guy IRL has heard a variant of this speech 1000 times

:p

I still love ya bud :)

(And OT, love this spreadsheet too)

You two can go f%$k yourselves, I hope your hops turn to weevils, and your next 3 brews taste like VB :p

(Harsh, harsh words, but well deserved)

:icon_offtopic: (sorry)
You two can go f%$k yourselves, I hope your hops turn to weevils, and your next 3 brews taste like VB :p

(Harsh, harsh words, but well deserved)
Well, I'll be giving you some of those brews and you'll HAVE to either drink 'em or put up with me hassling you to drink them, so jokes on you buddy!

Hi

Copy of version 2.0 of the spreadsheet.

View attachment Kit___Extract_Beer_Designer_V2.0.xls

I have added the ability to save, retrieve, and delete recipes, which are saved on a Recipes Worksheet. You can add Comments to the recipes but other than that don't change the Recipes Worksheet.

I have input a few recipes as examples mainly taken from AHB with a bit of poetic licence. You can add and delete what you want but there must be a least one recipe on the worksheet.

The Main Worksheet has been changed slightly and you now have four Macro buttons at the bottom plus to save a recipe you need to give it a name and there is now cell for this.

I have also added the option to use D or d for dry hopping, doesn't affect the IBU calcs but shows up on the Brewday worksheet and the the recipe database.

Also changed the bulk prime weights for Sucrose now 9% less than dextrose rather than 15% (dextrose monohydrate contains 9% water whereas the 15% value from from a website on bulk priming).

Hope you enjoy.

cheers

Ian

One big fat shiny gold star for you and your efforts.

THANKS!!!

Great little spreadsheet. Have been playing with it day at work. TOP EFFORT THANKS!

Hey Ian,

This is fantastic! Going to make life so much easier for me.

Possible suggestion for future version:
Have a shopping list button that adds the ingredients into a list, to make ordering for a number of brews easier.

With this you can enter or get from the database your next 4 brews and hit the shopping list button and then just go and order what you need from one of the sponsors.

Thanks again

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

Latest posts

Back