Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would have your answer already if you checked the website.
Maybe I’m getting old, but I can only see a pressure rating for two temperature points. That’s not a temperature rating (for cleaning)… 50C may be fine for up to 0.7MPa, but what is the highest temperature the tubing can go to without pressure for cleaning/soaking before it sustains damage/softening?

Yes it does help insert the tube all the way. One issue that I think some customers have is making sure that the tube is inserted all the way to end bump stop. if the tube only goes partially into the hole it will not be anywhere near as reliable a seal.

If you find the line is very hard to insert you can also rotate as mentioned above or even put a very small amount of lube on the line.

I generally do not do these things and just puss the line quite hard and it seems to work but there are ways to make it a bit easier as mentioned above.
There's the rub. I don't chamfer, I push hard, line kinks. I'll try the twist first, then chamfer. I just think the duo tight mechanism needs some more engineering work on it to make it easier. As I said, John Guest fittings were never ever this hard.

6th (8L) and 26th (4L) this morning. Best wait to pounce on the email notification I guess.

@KegLand-com-au any plans to add a protective base to the 8L pet kegs like the 20L has got? 4L probably less needed.

We have got some requests for this and I also think it's a good idea. If we had a small plastic chime for the bottom of the keg it would make it last a lot longer. We are probably going to make something like this very soon as these 4L and 8L kegs have been quite popular.

Maybe I’m getting old, but I can only see a pressure rating for two temperature points. That’s not a temperature rating (for cleaning)… 50C may be fine for up to 0.7MPa, but what is the highest temperature the tubing can go to without pressure for cleaning/soaking before it sustains damage/softening?
50c is be plenty warm enough. Especially if routinely cleaning. If you're not cleaning regularly and need anything hotter then buy more, it's cheap as. Or, just clean more regularly.

50c is be plenty warm enough. Especially if routinely cleaning. If you're not cleaning regularly and need anything hotter then buy more, it's cheap as. Or, just clean more regularly.
Would still be good to know if 50C is the temperature LIMIT, or not… my tap water is 55-60C and assume a lot of other is too. Can is sustain that for cleaning without any impact/degradation @KegLand-com-au ?

Would still be good to know if 50C is the temperature LIMIT, or not… my tap water is 55-60C and assume a lot of other is too. Can is sustain that for cleaning without any impact/degradation @KegLand-com-au ?
I asked a similar question ages ago, the answer will be on this thread somewhere. From memory pasteurisation temps were fine, but the pressure rating drops significantly

Good morning ...Is the heat exchanger plate necessary really?......Also does it help retain the hot trub hops ?

I really do not think the plate heat exchanges are necessary. The immersion chiller is ok but it requires you to either re-circulate the wort with the with the pump while you are cooling or alternatively be constantly stirring with the mash paddle while you are Chilling. If you want an upgrade to the immersion chiller then I would say the next best thing would be the concentric counter flow chiller like this one or like this stainless steel one. I think both of these options are better than the plate chiller as the plate chillers are really not easy to clean out.

I really do not think the plate heat exchanges are necessary. The immersion chiller is ok but it requires you to either re-circulate the wort with the with the pump while you are cooling or alternatively be constantly stirring with the mash paddle while you are Chilling. If you want an upgrade to the immersion chiller then I would say the next best thing would be the concentric counter flow chiller like this one or like this stainless steel one. I think both of these options are better than the plate chiller as the plate chillers are really not easy to clean out.
OK...Thanks....what about the hop bitterness/whirpool retention in the hot part

I could be wrong but I don't think @Barãob he was talking about a plate chiller, I think he was talking about the new heat exchange plate that sits inside the gen 4 brewzillas under the malt basket.

I could be wrong but I don't think @Barãob he was talking about a plate chiller, I think he was talking about the new heat exchange plate that sits inside the gen 4 brewzillas under the malt basket.
Yes sorry about that. Yes this one is called the HED (Head Exchanger Dish). If you are only doing single infusion mashes then you can probably get away without this product. With that said if you are doing step mash then I think it's worth having this device.

Yes sorry about that. Yes this one is called the HED (Head Exchanger Dish). If you are only doing single infusion mashes then you can probably get away without this product. With that said if you are doing step mash then I think it's worth having this device.
My question is whether HED -Head Exchanger Dissh - helps with hoppy retention in the hot part of the boil/whirlpool

My question is whether HED -Head Exchanger Dissh - helps with hoppy retention in the hot part of the boil/whirlpool
In the experiments we did not compare hop retention. With that said my guess is that for hop retention it will not be substantially changed if you do or do not use the HED.

At Brewzilla gen 4... you do the whirlpool movement. ?.. I've heard from people who don't do it... is it right not to do it ??
What is the purpose for the whirlpool?
I'd only do it if the recipe called for a hopstand addition.
I find with the HED it catches most of the trub and allows for a clean enough transfer of wort to the fermenter without doing a whirlpool.

We have a naturally brewed ginger flavour in the punch range that will be finished soon. This is not just ginger but it's naturally brewed and then concentrated so it's a really easy way to make ginger beer. You can even just add vodka, water and this flavor and it makes a great product. So this is a bit of a "cheat" way to make ginger beer if you are interested. We do not have a Rhubarb planned but we will have a look at this. It's not something that many customers have asked for.

Another thing we are going to do is change the packaging for the Punchy flavours. At the moment they are in 100ml bottles but we will probably pack in smaller sachets instead in future that are more conveniently sized so one sachet is about the right concentration for one corny keg. At the moment the 100ml is way too much and in most cases it makes way more than what people require.
Hey Kegland,
Do you have any rough estimate on when the strawberry one would be in stock again? Wasn't sure if it was maybe out of stock due to you possibly switching sizes as you mentioned? Keeping an eye out for the ginger one too 🙂

Quite keen to give the rekorderlig clone you mentioned in the description a go once I free up a keg......is it just a keg of standard apple cider plus 8ml? Or did you add anything else specific like lime or something? Got a brigalow tin that needs using up, and the more expensive mangrove jack kits haven't tasted that nice when I've done them......but it could be down to me!

Don't suppose anyone else has requested rhubarb? It is nice...... honest https://bws.com.au/product/188257/kopparberg-rhubarb-500ml - I admit that I might be a little biased as I come from the "rhubarb triangle" in the UK 😁

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back