Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Would you recommend this product or it's more-premium counterpart suitable for whirlpooling/aerating your wort: Basic Stainless Steel Drill Powered Mash Stirrer & Mixer - 1/4 Inch Hex Drive or would you say something more purpose-specific for aeration/whirlpooling would work better (i.e. Grainfather Whirlpool And Aeration Brewing Paddle » Aussie Brewmakers which is specifically advertised as aerating)?
A couple of swirls with a large spoon and allow to settle is all that's needed to whirlpool. Useful if your outlet is on the side of the kettle (or have a plate covering a centre hole) otherwise don't bother.
For aeration just let it splash/pour from a slight height into the fermenter and pitch adequate amount of yeast.

Hi @KegLand-com-au . Just brewed my first one with 35L gen4. How do I delete unwanted/obsolete mash profiles from the unit? I deleted them on the rapt cloud, but they are still sitting on my Brewzilla. Thanks!
Hi @KegLand-com-au, I would like to gently remind about my question before it is lost to the history. I hate to be annoying, but I plan to do another batch this weekend and would really like to figure out how to clean up the clutter of old mashing profiles :)

Last edited:
I have just followed this up with customer service. The cap thread sounds sounds strange as this is very reliable and we have not heard issues with this so possibly it was just a isolated issue or the customer needs to do up the cap a little tighter. We use a wedge seal on both parts and we have found this to be one of the most reliable ways to seal. If for some reason it did not seal it would be covered under warranty.

With respect to the PRV this was a know issue and we had approximately 100 units sold where this stainless steel piece here was slightly too long and prevented the correct o-ring seal compression to be achieved:
View attachment 123428
I believe we have already sent out replacements for any PRV which we have found this issue and the PRV units have already been changed so I would say this has been resolved.

Overall we have sold more than 20k of the PCO38 kegs and find them to generally speaking been a reliable product but we probably need a few more product reviews from other customers to reflect this.
Are you able to provide the total length that the unit SHOULD be, so that we can check our own when having leakage issues to see if it is the length causing the issue? I have one suspect one sitting to the side I have not been able to get a seal on...

@KegLand-com-au Any guidance as to when we can expect the stainless steel Fermzilla to drop? Will it be compatible with my existing hop bongs I’m currently using on my All Rounders? Ta

We have been going back and forth with the design. Very sorry to say that we have further delays with this product to to changes to the seal design. It's been a costly development process to be honest but we did not want to release the product until further changes were made so I think the FermZilla SS is not going to be finished until next year now.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, I would like to gently remind about my question before it is lost to the history. I hate to be annoying, but I plan to do another batch this weekend and would really like to figure out how to clean up the clutter of old mashing profiles :)

This can already be done. If you delete the profile on the web then this will delete the profile from the brewery. We had a bug with the old firmware that this "sync delete" would only sync once every 24hrs but I think with the new firmware it checks for sync deletes every time you power up the brewery.

I think we have a new firmware release that is going to be finished soon that you can also delete the profile on the brewery itself without needing the portal too.

I should also say you also have the option of a factory reset but this is a bit annoying as all your settings will also get deleted.

We have been going back and forth with the design. Very sorry to say that we have further delays with this product to to changes to the seal design. It's been a costly development process to be honest but we did not want to release the product until further changes were made so I think the FermZilla SS is not going to be finished until next year now.
What sizes will you release when ready?

If you are looking at the conical pressurisable fermenters in this category here:
Commercial Fermenters & Accessories

these all include the pressure gauges, spunding valve, thermowell, new racking arm design etc.

So yes the 100L is the smallest and also has jacketed cone and body of the fermenter. The cone and body have two separate jackets so you can control the temperature independently if you wanted to. I know they are a bit expensive compared with the Brewbuilt tanks but they are a lot more work to build.

I should also say we just modified all the designs to also include an additional 2" TC port at the top of the cone and this can be used for our new TC heating elements that are designed for fermentation heating. We will sell several different TC heating elements in the future in wattages of 125, 500 and 1200 watt. For most customers using these tanks I think the 125 watt will be ample for heating a fermenter.
Any idea when these will be available?

Any idea when the Series X Kegerator - Draught Packs will be available to order again? I can see that the Series X Kegerator is still available to order but no option to include taps so I assume the taps are what have sold out? Thanks.

It's probably worth noting that by the end of this year we will also have several other new distillation bits of gear that are more comprehensive and some of these parts have higher heat exchange efficiency (but cost more) and these ones will still use more water than a dedicated steam condenser but be more water efficient than our current pot stills if you use them as a steam condenser. So this could be another option for you too.

To give you some idea the new distillation equipment that might come in stock at the end of this year will probably use about twice as much water as the current steam condenser rather than 10 times. So perhaps this one is a better compromise but you would have to wait.
Going back to this from a year ago. Is that the AlcoEngine pot still you have currently?

Do the 35L boiler lids fit "other" brand boilers that have king in the name?

Was going to get a 60mm hole lid to fit a bulkhead to but this might save me a step:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...i-clover-for-alcoengine-robobrew-turbo-boiler

I have heard of some people using these on the Grainfather boiler however we have not tried this ourselves and it's not something that we can guarantee as we have no control over their design.

Also as well as the diameter the force applied by the clamps is important to get a reliable seal too. On the old BrewZilla units they had a basic spring clamp but on the new units we are starting to use these fully adjustable lid clamps which are really much better:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/set-of-4-short-adjustable-lid-clamps-for-brewzilla-digiboil-32mm
As you can see they are easy to upgrade. Just cut off the old lid clamps and upgrade to the new adjustable clamps and this way you can adjust the force applied with each clamp to get the correct seal compression. The new pro distillation lids use thicker stainles steel so having some adjustment is better. Also when you get a brand new seal compared with an old seal you will fine the seals do compress a little so being able to adjust the clamp as the seal compresses is also preferable. So instead of replacing the lid seal you can just adjust the clamp a bit tighter.

Going back to this from a year ago. Is that the AlcoEngine pot still you have currently?

We actually have most of the still parts already finished for the new modular still design. We will do a video on these soon. These new stills will be manufactured under the new "polyphoenix" brand.

Most stills are made from copper or stainless steel which is great but this has some constraints. It's hard to see through stainless and copper so you are then forced to use sight glasses that add a lot of cost. When you can't see through the still it also makes it very difficult to troubleshoot of something goes wrong.

You can certainly get sight glass stills that have large glass columns but then these have the constraint that they are generally not very modular and are difficult to reconfigure for other applications.

Also we found that stainless steel and copper are much more conductive so if you are trying to establish a stable process small changes in ambient conditions can cause the fractions in your still to collapse or overheat. For instance if you have a draft in the room our outside this can cause a lot of variation in the distillation process as the conductive metal body of the still would drop in temperature if a breeze was to blow over the still.

Also we found that home small home distillers are using 2 inch stills but these are too small diameter to handle the 3-3.5kw of power. Depending on the configuration you would often have to reduce the power down to about 1600 watts if you have a 2" column. Because we sell a lot of 15mp boilers now such as the 65L digiboil and also the 65L BrewZilla we have found that there is a need for us to increase to a 3" diameter still so this is what we have done with the polyphoenix range.

The polyphoenix stills are made with a PPSU polymer that can handle up to 220C. It's also way more insulative while also being able to see everything that is going on inside the still.

As the parts are all injection molded they are precisely the same which makes it easier for us to continue to develop accessories with a precise fit. Previously with stainless steel segments they could vary in size depending on who was fabricating them on the day so making some components fit precisely was difficult.

I know this new format of still is going to be a bit strange to many customers who might feel that having a still made from a polymer a very foreign concept but given the high temperature rating of PPSU, the strength of the plastic, the chemical resistance I feel that the benefits are substantially worthwhile.

The PPSU is also about 20 times better at insulating when compared with stainless steel and copper so you end up with a much more stable process that doesn't vary as much with varying ambient conditions.

Here are a couple photos showing what the segments of the still look like:

Polyphoenix Still Components.jpg

This is what the gin basket looks like inside the still segment:
KL36986 - Polyphoenix - 3 Inch Tri Clover Botanicals Basket - inside tee.jpg

This fully modular design has various different condenser options, different configurations, new copper bubble capper designs to fit into the segments, new reflux components.

We wanted to wait until we had the full range of components before we released the product so once these come in stock we will do a launch and do a video on this new distillation process.

Has the duo can filler arrived as expected?
It's in stock but will be sold out by the end of the week.

The new can and bottle filler will work fine out of the box but I should say that we are are still making a lot of changes to the web portal so the keeping track of your can filling per minute and also the statistics of your fill day are changing so customers will have to do a firmware update when they get this device so it reports well to the RAPT Portal and tracks the statistics of the brew day.

Any idea when the Series X Kegerator - Draught Packs will be available to order again? I can see that the Series X Kegerator is still available to order but no option to include taps so I assume the taps are what have sold out? Thanks.

We do have the kegerator draft packs for commercial kegs here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/collections/commercial
and then for use with the home brew kegs here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/collections/homebrew-kegerators
Was there a particular kit type that is missing? We are more than happy to put another kit together.

Latest posts

Back