Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The disposable nitrogen cylinders will be back in stock in 1-2 weeks. Sorry about the long delay. With the issues with shipping over Covid we had a lot of problems shipping DG goods around but now that all the shipping problems are being resolved things are going back to normal now so hopefully we are not selling out all the time for these.
Also, I think I read or saw in a Youtube clip that you guys were planning on getting a Nitrogen Refill Station. Any updates on that or am I way off?

Hey mate, been on a brewing hiatus for 12 months so just got to this - looks really neat. Seems to be a better solution than the blue team's with the ferrule part of the body, rather than a screw on attachment. Keen to check it out when the little ones come back in stock - any ETA?

The one part that I'd love you to make/provide - which I've raised a few times before - is an adaptor from the PCO1881 threads on these units to 5/8" to match the K-Lok and equivalent fittings. I haven't had a ball-lock fitting in my brewery for years and would find this device much more useful if I could use an adaptor to fit the "K-Lok Female x 5/8 Female" part to the lid especially, but also a lot of your other items that are utilising that PCO1881 thread (fermentation fridge, keg fridge, etc.). All I'm looking for please is an equivalent of the adaptor below, but with the female PCO1881 thread instead of the female 19/32 corny post thread.

Cheers,

5/8 Male x 19/32 Female (K-Lok to Corny Keg Adaptor)
View attachment 122206

K-Lok Female x 5/8 Female
View attachment 122205

Bump @KegLand-com-au - any chance of getting these adapters made up please?

Anybody had issues with their rapt chamber when changing settings remotely from the web portal or phone app?
Mine seems to default to turning off heating and cooling regardless of what settings are changed and have to manually change everything back on the front panel before it will work again.
Can D/L, start and stop profiles ok but as soon as a setting is changed it shuts down and sits at ambient temp.

Yes that is a good point. We will notify Thomas of the BrewFather 100L profile so it can be seen online. We will follow this up now.
Have managed to link the Brewzilla to Brewfather via the webhook, just wondering if there is any information on the planned level of integration, currently I can only add a device to a batch at the fermentation tab of brewfather, there is no option for the brewing tab.

Also, hoping to get a brew done this weekend, so while the BZ100 profile is absent from the equipment profiles in Brewfather, could you provide a screen shot of the inputs you've been using (assuming you have created a custom profile for it)?

anyway, was very impressed by the remote operation through the rapt portal and the machine itself also looks fantastic in the home brewery, thanks again guys, great work!

Anybody had issues with their rapt chamber when changing settings remotely from the web portal or phone app?
Mine seems to default to turning off heating and cooling regardless of what settings are changed and have to manually change everything back on the front panel before it will work again.
Can D/L, start and stop profiles ok but as soon as a setting is changed it shuts down and sits at ambient temp.
Mine is OK. Do you have latest firmware? Mine did turn off heating and cooling with most recent update but since turning back on via the panel all seems to be ok and I have done (manual) changes from the portal.

Mine is OK. Do you have latest firmware? Mine did turn off heating and cooling with most recent update but since turning back on via the panel all seems to be ok and I have done (manual) changes from the portal.
Ahhhh - ignore my rubbish. I just did a change to double check and yep, turned them both off (and I'm in the office and my chamber is now warming up). I will raise a bug report if I can confirm from being in front of the chamber.

Last edited:
Ahhhh - ignore my rubbish. I just did a change to double check and yep, turned them both off (and I'm in the office and my chamber is now warming up). I might raise a bug report.
Awesome. I'm not going mad.
It won't remember the new settings in the app once saved either.

@KegLand-com-au can someone tell me what happened to the Alert function for rapt brewzilla profiles? back in november i got my G4 and set up a profile with alert. then in mid december when i brewed again the option for alerts is gone. it doesnt ask me if i want to set an alert. and there's no button or menu options for setting up an alert by the user. its like it totally disappeared. do we have any idea what happened?

@KegLand-com-au Hi I have just purchased a MK4 mixed gas regulator in the UK and I can’t make a tight seal onto the gas cylinder. I have spoken to a gas supplier who states that mixed Gas regulators in the UK usually have a washer between the regulator and the cylinder. There wasn’t one supplied with my unit is it necessary or am I doing something wrong?

@KegLand-com-au Hi I have just purchased a MK4 mixed gas regulator in the UK and I can’t make a tight seal onto the gas cylinder. I have spoken to a gas supplier who states that mixed Gas regulators in the UK usually have a washer between the regulator and the cylinder. There wasn’t one supplied with my unit is it necessary or am I doing something wrong?

I am not sure what product you have ordered but it sounds like you have a regulator spigot with a bullnose is that correct?

Bullnoses can be made either with a seal or as a brass on brass connection. Pros and cons of each exist:

Rubber seals
These work well when they are new but they the rubber or sealing material can perish. They can't go up to as high pressures.

Brass on brass connection
These can go up to much higher pressures, and they make the most reliable connection when they are cared for as no seals to perish and degrade. With that said they have the disadvantage that if you drop them the bullnose can get damaged and thus require replacement. They also require slightly more torque whe you tighten them onto the cylinder valve.

Attachments

• 31GRH-14-2_TBI_bullnose_connector_close-up_.jpg
    31GRH-14-2_TBI_bullnose_connector_close-up_.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
Many thanks for the information I have a kegland Mk 4 Beverage N2 Mixed gas regulator with a bullnose fitting however the bullnose appears to be stainless and not brass as shown in the above picture. This is a brand new unit not dropped or scratched in any way, even when I use maximum torque it still leaks! I have already lost one full cylinder of gas and don’t want to loose another one. Are replacement brass bull nose fittings available as spares ?

Attachments

• 62A53371-FFA0-4E57-B814-5060C4022C8F.png
    62A53371-FFA0-4E57-B814-5060C4022C8F.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Many thanks for the information I have a kegland Mk 4 Beverage N2 Mixed gas regulator with a bullnose fitting however the bullnose appears to be stainless and not brass as shown in the above picture. This is a brand new unit not dropped or scratched in any way, even when I use maximum torque it still leaks! I have already lost one full cylinder of gas and don’t want to loose another one. Are replacement brass bull nose fittings available as spares ?

Hello Mash? Are you sure? The bullnoses that we manufacture are never made from stainless steel. This is not to say that stainless will not work. You can make a bullnose from stainless steel if you want to but you will have to tighten this up a little more in order for it to seal.

The bullnoses that we manufacture are always brass and then chrome plated. If you did have stainless it's possible that someone other than ourselves has changed the spigot over and it's not actually one of ours and it's probably just the regulator body that is ours. I would probably be checking this with the distributor that you purchased this from.

Unfortunately I am based in Australia so I am not 100% sure of which stock you have received to be honest but I know we do ship many different configurations to many different distributors around the world and some distributors even order the regulators with no spigot at all so they can fit this locally.

In Australia we do sell the spigot separately but I am not sure about all the international distributors. Some of our distributors will hold this stock and some will not so if you are overseas (outside of Australia) it's best to check with your local distributor.

It's worth also checking that inside the cylinder valve is not damaged too. It should be smooth.

Last edited:

That sounds a bit strange. I have not heard of this before but if you email us your MAC address and email we can have a look on the back end and try and work out what is going on. It does sound a bit strange.

@KegLand-com-au can someone tell me what happened to the Alert function for rapt brewzilla profiles? back in november i got my G4 and set up a profile with alert. then in mid december when i brewed again the option for alerts is gone. it doesnt ask me if i want to set an alert. and there's no button or menu options for setting up an alert by the user. its like it totally disappeared. do we have any idea what happened?

We are just updating the new alert method at the moment.

Two alert types should happen:
1. Email Alert
- This will obviously come into your email.
2. Push Notification Alert
- This will get pushed to your phone but you must check you have the app installed. Ever now and then some mobile phones will turn off the access to the app. You need to make sure that the app has permissions to give you alerts so if you have lost push notifications on your phone I would check these permissions settings on your phone. It seems when you have a firmware update on the phone this can sometimes change the permissions too.

The new alert method is also being implemented so it's more flexible. For instance the old system only allowed alerts to be sent on the start/end of a step. But now alerts can be set by different events during a step too. So we are also implementing a new more complex profile management to allow for this to.

Then in another few months we will have an additional update that will allow for even more complex profile management. As some of you know we have a digital spunding valve and digital pressure regulator. So when these products are released we need more complex alerts too so when we have a RAPT fermentation chamber or RAPT temp controller profile it can also include settings in the profile to control the pressure settings throughout the brewing process for instance.

The idea behind this is that you can ferment at a certain spunding pressure and then when you crash chill you can then automatically start carbonating the beer in the fermenter and stuff like that.

@KegLand-com-au I have had to resort to a forum to try and get some answers as you are not responding to my emails sent to [email protected] re order 001695349

I have had issues with the CO2 bottle i purchased from you being faulty to which you originally replied saying it was an ice buildup, which sounded feasible to me, but after taking the bottle to be refilled for the first time as per my email to you on Saturday 28/01/23, it is definitely faulty and needs to be replaced (as per my email to you below)

" I have taken the bottle to a refill station for inspection and refill and they have confirmed the shutoff valve is faulty. It can not be refilled, and if it were, the gas would immediately leak back out the faulty valve."

to date i have had no response, i resent the email on the 31/01/23 and again have heard nothing from you whatsoever.

Would be really good if someone representing kegland could reply to my emails, respond here, or do something to assist with the issue.

Latest posts

Back