Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is that by the time I decide to add something to the cart, I get logged out. Here's how it's broken for my use case:
  • I log in.
  • I do a search for certain parts. Perhaps multiple searches in multiple tabs.
  • I open a new tab for each part that could potentially be useful for what I'm trying to achieve.
  • I go and research the parts, measure things and otherwise try to work out if I need the part or not. This may take a few minutes or several hours.
  • I return to each of the open tabs or the search results and try to add things to wish list or cart. It breaks at this point.
Second last time I tried to order stuff from Kegland, the website kept logging me out over the space of a day, while I was trying to figure out what I needed, what was in stock and whether I could build a solution without the parts that were not in stock. Eventually I got the shits and ended up spending my $400+ at Beer Co., since their website was not a friction point and they had stock of Kegland products that Kegland didn't have available.

Kegland could have had many more hundreds of dollars worth of sales from me if their web site made it easier for me to make purchases. (Or more bluntly, if it didn't get in the way of making purchases.)
Hi Peter

This isn't a kegland website issue but a browser issue. Different browsers treat tabs differently for security reasons.

From memory for Chrome, each time you open a tab the kegland website loses its session and hence, cart.

Try a few different browsers and or, do your research, then buy what you need in one browser tab.

Can the flow control disconnects be wound all the way to “off”? I’m wondering if the disconnect plus a short length of hose could be used as a simple growler filler or if I would still need a tap in between.

Hi Peter

This isn't a kegland website issue but a browser issue. Different browsers treat tabs differently for security reasons.

From memory for Chrome, each time you open a tab the kegland website loses its session and hence, cart.

Try a few different browsers and or, do your research, then buy what you need in one browser tab.
Respectfully, that's not how it works. Chrome will maintain sessions across tabs.

It's a shop issue. They timeout the cookie after a certain time.

you can put things on your wish list, and then when you are ready to make the big order, move things from the wishlist, to your cart and check out.
I’ve tried this and the cart was empty next time I went to it. Had to find what I was after again

you still have the 30 min cart life limit. so you need to put your list into the cart, and check out before 30 min elapses.
Hmmmm. I just logged in for the first time after about 2 weeks and my cart is still there. Login before you start adding to the cart and I reckon it keeps them there for a while (not indefinitely I don't think), maybe 30 days. In the cookie there is a value persistent_shopping_cart with a 1 hour timeout but I reckon their login logic reloads your cart.

I’ve tried this and the cart was empty next time I went to it. Had to find what I was after again
you tried adding to ya wishlist but the cart was empty?
well click on wishlist i bet you will find what you added still there

they dont go to shopping cart

The 8 liter Oxebar kegs are finally coming to Europe, I hope I can get ahold of some soon. I plan on trying to ferment some small batches in these, do you guys have any experience with that? Prost!

@KegLand-com-au I've got a 4 tap kegerator and thinking about adding a separate tap (such as Filtered Water Tap - For carbonated or still or RO filtered water) for my sparkling so as not to lose a beer tap. I figure I can run a couple of smaller kegs and still be able to have 4 beers + soda water on tap. My idea is to install the tap through the top of the kegerator, probably towards the back corner.

My question is, do you foresee any issues with drilling the top plate of the kegerator to install the tap, or any other issues?

Cheers

I’m trying the flow control disconnect for the first time and I can see the beer foaming in the line between the disconnect and the tap. This happens regardless of the flow speed. Any thoughts on what might be happening? I’m using about 50cm of 5mm ID line.

No.

I have a benchy it is basically a small glycol draft system, it chills the beer before the tap - it doesn't keep the kegs cold which is no good for the longevity of the beer. It also means kegs are on the floor/bench.

The benchtop kegerators are different. They are twin tap mini fridges that will take two of the new 4L oxebar pet kegs and designed for nearly everything to be contained on the benchtop in a similar size to an espresso machine (from memory except for CO2 ). Kegs are kept cold which is better for the beer.

Yes that is correct. The new mini benchtop kegerators are designed to put the whole kegs inside similar to an existing kegerator.

Our current Benchy units are designed to sit on bench but the kegs are external to the machine so it cools the beer as it flows through the machine rather than keeping the whole keg cool.

As Crowmanz says the new bench top kegerators are really a better product for home brewers that are generally dispensing unpasteurized beers so it's preferable to keep the whole keg cold.

The problem is that by the time I decide to add something to the cart, I get logged out. Here's how it's broken for my use case:
  • I log in.
  • I do a search for certain parts. Perhaps multiple searches in multiple tabs.
  • I open a new tab for each part that could potentially be useful for what I'm trying to achieve.
  • I go and research the parts, measure things and otherwise try to work out if I need the part or not. This may take a few minutes or several hours.
  • I return to each of the open tabs or the search results and try to add things to wish list or cart. It breaks at this point.
Second last time I tried to order stuff from Kegland, the website kept logging me out over the space of a day, while I was trying to figure out what I needed, what was in stock and whether I could build a solution without the parts that were not in stock. Eventually I got the shits and ended up spending my $400+ at Beer Co., since their website was not a friction point and they had stock of Kegland products that Kegland didn't have available.

Kegland could have had many more hundreds of dollars worth of sales from me if their web site made it easier for me to make purchases. (Or more bluntly, if it didn't get in the way of making purchases.)

Hey guys. You will be happy to know that we have a major website update that will take place very soon and the current Magento based website will be abandoned. In the near future the website will switch over to shopify. The main differences with the old website and new website will be:
- Substantially faster
- Smoother checkout process
- Great for customers who use
- Will have better AI with respect to recommended products that are more likely to be relevant to you specifically
- Notifications and order tracking will be improved

I know using our current website has been a thorn in many of our customers side for a long time but this new update will hopefully fix that.

Will the new site have a page of new products? It's annoying when I don't know something has been released because other products have pushed it off the list.

@KegLand-com-au I've got a 4 tap kegerator and thinking about adding a separate tap (such as Filtered Water Tap - For carbonated or still or RO filtered water) for my sparkling so as not to lose a beer tap. I figure I can run a couple of smaller kegs and still be able to have 4 beers + soda water on tap. My idea is to install the tap through the top of the kegerator, probably towards the back corner.

My question is, do you foresee any issues with drilling the top plate of the kegerator to install the tap, or any other issues?

Cheers

This is a great idea and one of my favorite products that I have been using for years for carbonated water is this Carbonator Reactor Lid. This is cheap and works great.

The top of the kegerator has a cable that runs from the back to the screen/button PCB on the front. If you remove the top black plastic cover you can see this and avoid it.

Also we have one copper refrigeration line that runs from the left to the right radiator in the Kegerator and this goes over the top. In order to prevent puncturing this copper tube I would recommend heating a piece of metal and melt through the top of the fridge rather than drilling a hole. Obviously if you heat up a screw driver or piece of metal and melt your way through the top you will avoid puncturing the copper line.

Will the new site have a page of new products? It's annoying when I don't know something has been released because other products have pushed it off the list.

How many new products would you like to see. At the moment the new website design only shows the most recent 8 new products. Should we increase this to more than 8?

In the past 4 years since we started the business we have been adding about 6 new products per week.

Can the flow control disconnects be wound all the way to “off”? I’m wondering if the disconnect plus a short length of hose could be used as a simple growler filler or if I would still need a tap in between.

With respect to the flow control ball lock disconnects. This is not really how it's been designed. If you screw it tight enough it might cut the flow completely but the force required is beyond what you would find ergonomic.

If you are looking for a very simple growler filler you might be interested in the new Nukatap Mini. This has been designed to work specifically with the flow control ball lock disconnect.

The tap itself is actually finished but we are just waiting for the shanks, handles and other different accessories to be available before we put this on the website.

I should also say the nozzle can unscrew so you will be able to attach various different accessories too.

Attachments

• PXL_20221125_012354647.jpg
    PXL_20221125_012354647.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221125_015135176.jpg
    PXL_20221125_015135176.jpg
    656.8 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221125_020008390.jpg
    PXL_20221125_020008390.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 0
How many new products would you like to see. At the moment the new website design only shows the most recent 8 new products. Should we increase this to more than 8?

In the past 4 years since we started the business we have been adding about 6 new products per week.

8 on the front page or wherever but the ability to click in and see more, say 24-30 (about a month worth of new products) would be awesome.
Even if the front page had the ability to scroll left and right to view more would be good too.

Latest posts

Back