Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes all of these 8L PCO38 Kegs come with Handles. The handles just arrived to us so the guys in the warehouse are packaging with handles. The tapping head for these is sold separately here.

Thanks, I ordered the $23 kit which says it comes with the tapping head and dip tube filter.

The product page for the kit doesn't explain what comes in the kit, it's just a copy/paste of the keg page.

Thanks, I ordered the $23 kit which says it comes with the tapping head and dip tube filter.

The product page for the kit doesn't explain what comes in the kit, it's just a copy/paste of the keg page.

If something is missing then I would send an email to our customer service team detailing what you have got and not got in the order, your order number and what is missing.

If something is missing then I would send an email to our customer service team detailing what you have got and not got in the order, your order number and what is missing.

Will do, i rarely have an issue with your orders though, one i did have was resolved fairly quickly.

I had not seen the hydra tapping heads for the polymer kegs. Those are great (and make it easier/cheaper to transition to this type of smaller keg/larger bottle).

This is really quite difficult to do. We are going to get the replacement tanks available very soon and I think this is really the best option. The new Tri-Conical FermZilla is way better designed and the yeast and hops fall down into the collection container really well. If we just make an adaptor you will only get part of the upgrade. If you wanted to upgrade one of the old ones you would need to purchase a new tank, new butterfly valve, the collection container lid and a 3inch tri-clover clamp.

What about if for customers who have purchased the older design we offer a period whereby we give a discount for an upgrade kit so customers can upgrade from the old one to the new tri-conical design?
I guess that would be a good option. I'm sure there's plenty who'd like to upgrade but don't want to have to buy a whole new setup.

Also, just wondering why the lid design stayed the same on the gen 3? Are 4" or 5" tri-clover fittings not a thing or too expensive etc? I know you're bringing out a new lid for the hop bong but I would have thought going full tri-clover would have been a good idea & get rid of threads & o-rings all together.

Hi Kegland,

Are the disposable N2 bottles ever coming back in stock? If not do you have plans for any kind of alternative?

Cheers

I saw the new two-stage brewzilla malt pipe is available. If it's used in older models with the boiler extension, "should" the brewzilla be able to hold liquid above the extension line for mashing? (I realize getting a good seal, etc, is a necessary part, but "should" the extension be able to hold mash liquid, or is it really just for boil-over protection?).

I guess that would be a good option. I'm sure there's plenty who'd like to upgrade but don't want to have to buy a whole new setup.

Also, just wondering why the lid design stayed the same on the gen 3? Are 4" or 5" tri-clover fittings not a thing or too expensive etc? I know you're bringing out a new lid for the hop bong but I would have thought going full tri-clover would have been a good idea & get rid of threads & o-rings all together.

We are going to keep the lid design the same as the Gen 3. Due to the large amount of force required to seal the fermzilla at the rated pressure we are not able to make the PET plastic strong enough to hold the force exerted on a 4" tri-clover and the smaller 3" would not give you large enough hole at the top to clean. so tri-clover lids are not an option at this stage.

Hi Kegland,

Are the disposable N2 bottles ever coming back in stock? If not do you have plans for any kind of alternative?

Cheers

We plant to import the N2 bottles but with all the Covid shipping issues it's become more difficult to import these cylinders. In the meantime we are setting up an automated Sodastream filling machine. This new machine will be able to fill these cylinders with N2 or CO2:

https://www.kegland.com.au/450gram-...illable-gas-cylinder-for-co2-or-nitrogen.html
So once this happens we might start to offer N2 swaps on these cylinders.

I saw the new two-stage brewzilla malt pipe is available. If it's used in older models with the boiler extension, "should" the brewzilla be able to hold liquid above the extension line for mashing? (I realize getting a good seal, etc, is a necessary part, but "should" the extension be able to hold mash liquid, or is it really just for boil-over protection?).

Yes absolutely. The extension tube is water tight so you can fill up the boiler to the height of the extension if you want to.

We also now have the extended malt pipe and:
https://www.kegland.com.au/brewzill...ipe-for-boiler-extension-stainless-steel.html
We also have this too which you might find useful:
https://www.kegland.com.au/brewzill...n-stainless-steel-male-to-female-camlock.html

@KegLand-com-au

Do you have the proper instruction manual for the RAPT temp controller. This one only has one page, that is from the QR code on the box and there is no manual uploaded to the product page yet.

Edit... i figured the setup out myself, lucky the unit tells you what to do.

Does the portal (where you connect to the internet) have anymore settings like update firmware like the Pill?

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au

Do you have the proper instruction manual for the RAPT temp controller. This one only has one page, that is from the QR code on the box and there is no manual uploaded to the product page yet.

Does the portal (where you connect to the internet) have anymore settings like update firmware like the Pill?

if you go into the settings on the controller itself and then scroll to check ota update on the list you select that and will update there

if you go into the settings on the controller itself and then scroll to check ota update on the list you select that and will update there

I checked the settings and there was no update options but about 10 minutes later it auto updated and now the option is there.

It looks like a nice piece of kit, all we need now are the mobile apps and APK intergrations to go with it and the Pill.

Last edited:
We plant to import the N2 bottles but with all the Covid shipping issues it's become more difficult to import these cylinders. In the meantime we are setting up an automated Sodastream filling machine. This new machine will be able to fill these cylinders with N2 or CO2:

https://www.kegland.com.au/450gram-...illable-gas-cylinder-for-co2-or-nitrogen.html
So once this happens we might start to offer N2 swaps on these cylinders.

@KegLand-com-au Any plans for o2?

I checked the settings and there was no update options but about 10 minutes later it auto updated and now the option is there.

It looks like a nice piece of kit, all we need now are the mobile apps and APK intergrations to go with it and the Pill.

i was told earlier that there will be a mobile app that will give push notifications to your phone but there is other priorities at the moment ..

was also told eventually you will be able to connect the pill to temp controller for automation as well

i like this temp controller and will make temp controll much better

hopefully api intergration for numpties for the pill and temp controller come soon enough as i know there is away but you need to understand the coding

i was told earlier that there will be a mobile app that will give push notifications to your phone but there is other priorities at the moment ..

was also told eventually you will be able to connect the pill to temp controller for automation as well

i like this temp controller and will make temp controll much better

hopefully api intergration for numpties for the pill and temp controller come soon enough as i know there is away but you need to understand the coding

For the API it would be good to be integrated into Brewfather but if they are going to release an app BF integration might be a bit needless... at least for me.

@KegLand-com-au

A couple of features you could include in a future update would be an option to turn off the backlight (a bit odd to have it always on) and a way to get from the temperature to graph screens with the front buttons.

For the API it would be good to be integrated into Brewfather but if they are going to release an app BF integration might be a bit needless... at least for me.

@KegLand-com-au

A couple of features you could include in a future update would be an option to turn off the backlight (a bit odd to have it always on) and a way to get from the temperature to graph screens with the front buttons.

given time and keglands priorities with the rapt equipment these things maybe possible.

i cant wait to try my rapt temp controller out this weekend to the pale ale profile

i think just by playing around with the controller today its streets ahead of other temp controllers

@KegLand-com-au

The portal has most of the settings for the RAPT temp controller box sync to the actual box it self. So the settings are much the same.

Yes that is correct. Also if it's an important update we might also force that to the device so the update will automatically download to the RAPT Temp Controller and then you will be promted on the screen to accept the firmware update.

Latest posts

Back