Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes absolutely. We have a fairly in depth video on the RAPT Fermentation Chamber that has already been made and uploaded to youtube but we have been holding off making this video public until we get the next shipment of stock. This is probably my favorite product out of the whole range of stuff that we sell to be honest.
Cool, very keen to see the video come out about this. I've been checking the RAPT website, but understand it's still a WIP. More than anything, I'd like to know how open the RAPT platform is going to be? We have a wonderful sub-community of tech people in brewing, so I'm really hopeful we will be able to use API's to GET/POST data.

Rapt fridges are all sold out

Was about to purchase one but the time i had signed in all gone

not to worry will get 1 next time or the one after

So your thermowell bulk heads threads are two short for a 6mm thick 4" triclamp cap (kegmenter) even with trying to counter sink it, do you have any other options?

I have temporayily put another ball lock bulkhead and post in place (fits no issue) so that it seals.

I could possibly use something that either uses the same thread as the ball lock or the other side of the ball lock bulkhead to a duotight seal (also open to a compression fitting option)

Any ideas??

It took me a few shipments to get a series X plus, so hopefully it won't take you that long.

There's still people trying to get the mini reg but they sell out as soon as they arrive.

Thanks @clickeral, will be doing that myself shortly so good to have some contingency plans

I have a spare 5/8" to 5/16" duotight adapter (these go on shanks etc) had to use my step drill to increase the internal hole out to 8mm for this to work.

If I was doing it again I would probably look at options for stainless bulkheads and what I could use from a duotight perspective for the thermowell.

Note the lids are not easy to drill through, make sure you have the right drill bits for the job, I started off drilling a 5mm pilot hole and then went up in 2mm steps using other metal drill bits, I tidied it up with the step drill bit at the end.

I am also having fun making sure it doesnt leak (about to add another seal on the other side) but I would say thats due to me being clever and trying to get the orginal bulkhead to work.

I've got another lid on the way as well so will take the learnings from this one.

Would be nice if @KegLand-com-au sold lids to the kegmenters that had the holes for both thermal wells and cooling coils etc

For the RAPT Fermentation Chambers we will have 3 or 4 shipments before Christmas. With that said we have more people who were on the email notification list than we have stock so we anticipate the next few shipments will still sell out fairly fast.

So your thermowell bulk heads threads are two short for a 6mm thick 4" triclamp cap (kegmenter) even with trying to counter sink it, do you have any other options?

I have temporayily put another ball lock bulkhead and post in place (fits no issue) so that it seals.

I could possibly use something that either uses the same thread as the ball lock or the other side of the ball lock bulkhead to a duotight seal (also open to a compression fitting option)

Any ideas??

We are looking to also manufacture some 4" Tri-clover lids that already have the temp twister welded in and the Thermowell already fitted too. Do you think this will suit you? This is something that was going to be an optional part for the BrewBuilt Fermenters as these also have been made with 4" TC opening.

It took me a few shipments to get a series X plus, so hopefully it won't take you that long.

There's still people trying to get the mini reg but they sell out as soon as they arrive.

Yes the Mini Core 360 has been way more popular than we anticipated and we are still spreading the stock a bit thin across all the international distributors. We also have about 2 more shipments arriving before Christmas and once again both shipments will likely sell out shortly after landing. We simply cannot manufacture these fast enough at the moment.

We are looking to also manufacture some 4" Tri-clover lids that already have the temp twister welded in and the Thermowell already fitted too. Do you think this will suit you
Would be really keen to see these with pre-drilled holes 4 Inch Tri-Clover Pressure Pack with Floating Dip Tube for BrewBuilt Unitank Fermenters

I can’t use without temp twister, but $105 is too much for me to spend and then try to drill holes myself.

Edit: To answer your question, would have preferred to buy one pre-drilled than trying to do myself. But I have one now so will give it a go

Last edited:
We are looking to also manufacture some 4" Tri-clover lids that already have the temp twister welded in and the Thermowell already fitted too. Do you think this will suit you? This is something that was going to be an optional part for the BrewBuilt Fermenters as these also have been made with 4" TC opening.

Yes, would happily pick at least one up, any idea when they will be available?

@KegLand-com-au

Also the Demijohns you have on your site the description and picture doesn't match what your selling

What your selling is Gallon jugs with caps, unless I got sent the wrong item. the demijohn swing tops wont work with these as they have a threaded top.

For the RAPT Fermentation Chambers we will have 3 or 4 shipments before Christmas. With that said we have more people who were on the email notification list than we have stock so we anticipate the next few shipments will still sell out fairly fast.

thanks for responding , i knew these would sell out quick and will try on the next few shipments when they arrive . i can wait it could make a perfect christmas present lol

These would be of interest for my Kegmenter as well.

Assuming also including the 2x ball lock posts and PRV, like the pressure lid? That'd be great

Latest posts

Back