Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @KegLand-com-au . What's changed?

My first 2 orders took the best part of two weeks to arrive. (Sydney)

My 3rd order I placed at midday on Wednesday and I received it in less than 24 hours.

Not complaining, just curious as to what's changed down there!
I’d say it’s because everyone has a little spring in their step after partying the night away at each other’s houses to watch the AFL grand final.

Hi @KegLand-com-au . What's changed?

My first 2 orders took the best part of two weeks to arrive. (Sydney)

My 3rd order I placed at midday on Wednesday and I received it in less than 24 hours.

Not complaining, just curious as to what's changed down there!
You just got lucky! I placed an order on Monday, after waiting for some items to be in stock, and as far as I know it still hasn't been shipped.

On Kegland's front page it now has a message saying that Aus post aren't collecting till the 6th. I was hoping that it might have been delivered by this weekend.

Hi @KegLand-com-au or anyone else with a Malt Muncher (or similar) grain mill, can you disassemble the mill for cleaning?

The rollers have developed some surface rust over the winter, nothing that a little time with a wire brush wont fix but taking them out would make life a lot easier.

Edit*** Nervermind, yes you can, its a bit fiddly but you can do it, might upgrade the bearings while its apart as well.

Last edited:
You just got lucky! I placed an order on Monday, after waiting for some items to be in stock, and as far as I know it still hasn't been shipped.

On Kegland's front page it now has a message saying that Aus post aren't collecting till the 6th. I was hoping that it might have been delivered by this weekend.

you cant blame kegland for what australia post do

star track (being aust post threatening strike action)

Aust post are blaming covid 19 still

its basicly come to when Aust post feeling like they want to pick up and deliver stuff..

this is not keglands fault

its basicly come to when Aust post feeling like they want to pick up and deliver stuff..

I think it's a combination of both Australia Post and Kegland having to manage staff within Covid restrictions.

I was lucky indeed it seems. Grateful none the less.

I did get a phone call on Thursday to say that an item that I ordered was not being sold as there were problems with it, so kinda is their fault as it was 4 days after I placed the order that I got the call to say that I couldn't get that item.

Australia Post have been having big issues lately! I've been having things take 2-3 weeks to arrive within Aus recently. Small stuff that can travel with letters are fine, it's just been parcels. Look at this for example......
Capture.PNG

Australia Post has been quite slow for the past 4-5 years, unfortunately. I used to live in a rural town and would get items from Sydney (500 km away) within 48 hours with regular post. When I first moved to a metro area, it was very briefly slightly faster than that, then has progressively degraded over the past several years.

Regular post is now like 4-10 days for metro-metro, and express is 3-4 days with a nice disclaimer that they won't honour the "express post guarantee". COVID has definitely had an impact (particularly on express), but Auspost seem to conveniently ignore that their service went downhill quite awhile before COVID.

Australia Post has been quite slow for the past 4-5 years, unfortunately. I used to live in a rural town and would get items from Sydney (500 km away) within 48 hours with regular post. When I first moved to a metro area, it was very briefly slightly faster than that, then has progressively degraded over the past several years.

Regular post is now like 4-10 days for metro-metro, and express is 3-4 days with a nice disclaimer that they won't honour the "express post guarantee". COVID has definitely had an impact (particularly on express), but Auspost seem to conveniently ignore that their service went downhill quite awhile before COVID.

Yes we would have to agree with this. Although Aus Post is great for domestic deliveries the service has been not so good recently. Especially right now as I believe some strikes are causing further delays too. Some stuff is still arriving next day and other stuff takes a few days. We have not noticed any specific pattern but just that it seems to vary from parcel to parcel.

@KegLand-com-au

Also the Demijohns you have on your site the description and picture doesn't match what your selling

What your selling is Gallon jugs with caps, unless I got sent the wrong item. the demijohn swing tops wont work with these as they have a threaded top.

Yes I think you are right. I am talking to the web guys now. If you have purchased the wire swing tops let us know and we will refund you. We have now discontinued this older design with the wire swing tops for a few reasons:

1- Swing tops had a nitrile rubber seal and the issues with this was:
*This perished quickly especially if the rubber gets exposed to UV
*The nitrile is not ideal with contact with high percentage alcohol and it could leeach flavours into the alcohol. (as many customers were using this for distillation this was a problem

2 -Swing tops were made with wire and this was not particularly strong and they sometimes failed.

For these two reasons we now make the demijohns with the thread and screw cap and inside the screw cap it has PE Foam seal that is resistant to alcohol and we have found to be less prone to breaking. Also these are included with the demijohn rather than needing to purchase these separately.

If however you have got the wrong product, or you do not need the wire swing top lids just let us know and the customer service team will be able to refund you for this.

How is the "brewzilla 4" looking guys?
I'm holding out for it but the new grainfather g40 has caught my eye.
Will it be this year?

Hi @KegLand-com-au, did you see this?
I'm intrigued by the dry hop device for fermzilla, though I don't have a FermZilla.

Is there any possibility or plan for making this for corny kegs? Perhaps by making a custom corny keg lid that has either a 3/4" BSP or PCO1881 fitting on it?

The DIY option at this stage would be to buy a spare lid, drill, TIG weld and hope for the best, but I'm sure I'm not alone in being super keen for an off-the-shelf solution to O2-free keg-hopping.

How is the "brewzilla 4" looking guys?
I'm holding out for it but the new grainfather g40 has caught my eye.
Will it be this year?

Probably better buying the Grainfather or a BZ and waiting until they sell an upgrade kit, i can imagine if/ when they release it it'll be like all the rest of KL's new releases and be just small release batches.

Apparently the shape of the base is going to be different to make it drain better, not something you'll be able to upgrade your old system with.

Back