Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@beergee This is the helix and tee from KL in my Guten 70L.

whirlpool.jpg

Attachments

• 1599107059669.jpeg
    1599107059669.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 7
6 kegs would have been fine but I won't complain about 8! Maybe a usb outlet on it somewhere? People seem to be running all kinds of gadgets on their keg fridges these days.

Not sure what you have planned for the gas inlets but having at least 4 sealed inlets for 4 different gas lines would be great.

When will we see a model?

I agree with both ideas.

Been many years since I've posted on this forum, but have been lurking recently as I want to get back into brewing and get into kegging and can't help but give my 2 cents about what I'm missing when looking at keggerators / keezers.

@KegLand-com-au I don't want a huge amount of kegs, 4 is probably enough, but what I want in the same fridge is space to store other beverages (soft drink, craft beers, wine etc) to free up space in my kitchen fridge. This is where the RAPT fridge looks ideal. I could put some shelves in above the kegs at the bottom to store drinks. However I am not keen on having to drill tap holes into a door on a brand new appliance. What would be great is if you could get it with a door that I could mount taps to without having to drill. The use of vertical space is also nice in terms of floor space. And if I ever wanted more kegs I can use some 9.5L ones.

In terms of a "Series X Plus" that could hold 8 kegs (in the absence of a tap door for the RAPT fridge), what would be great is the ability to put shelving into half of it, so I could have 4 kegs at one side and bottles/cans on shelves in the other side. I don't know how hard or feasible this would be though.

At this point I'm looking at large second hand fridges to get what I want, but I don't have the skills to ever make it as nice as an off the shelf product (and the chance of stuffing it up by drilling into coils / whatever in the process if I tried is high). Plus I am also time poor, so something off the shelf would probably worth the premium to me.

I'd like to talk about these things. You're not being honest with your customers. The review is clearly fake and you know it.

I'd also like to talk about all the blog posts you've stolen from Clever Brewing.

Home Brew Keg Dispensing stolen from Kegging 101 - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

Brewing Basics: how to get started in home brewing - all grain brewing beginners guide stolen from Brewing Levels - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

Cleaning and Sanitising - The Key To Great Home Brew stolen from Cleaning - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

A Yeast Starter: Homebrewer's yeast explained!, and how to make a starter stolen from Yeast Starters - Clever Brewing Home Brew Beer Supplies

I'm not sure what Clever Brewing have done to deserve that, maybe you can enlighten us?

Hello donald_trub. Thanks for raising this. As you may know the previous SEO person that we contracted has been let go and we will not be hiring them again. What we have done is got one of our own staff to re-write these articles. So as far as we can tell this issue is resolved. thanks for the heads up donalt_trub. Please let us know if you see anything else that needs to get fixed up.

Been many years since I've posted on this forum, but have been lurking recently as I want to get back into brewing and get into kegging and can't help but give my 2 cents about what I'm missing when looking at keggerators / keezers.

@KegLand-com-au I don't want a huge amount of kegs, 4 is probably enough, but what I want in the same fridge is space to store other beverages (soft drink, craft beers, wine etc) to free up space in my kitchen fridge. This is where the RAPT fridge looks ideal. I could put some shelves in above the kegs at the bottom to store drinks. However I am not keen on having to drill tap holes into a door on a brand new appliance. What would be great is if you could get it with a door that I could mount taps to without having to drill. The use of vertical space is also nice in terms of floor space. And if I ever wanted more kegs I can use some 9.5L ones.

In terms of a "Series X Plus" that could hold 8 kegs (in the absence of a tap door for the RAPT fridge), what would be great is the ability to put shelving into half of it, so I could have 4 kegs at one side and bottles/cans on shelves in the other side. I don't know how hard or feasible this would be though.

At this point I'm looking at large second hand fridges to get what I want, but I don't have the skills to ever make it as nice as an off the shelf product (and the chance of stuffing it up by drilling into coils / whatever in the process if I tried is high). Plus I am also time poor, so something off the shelf would probably worth the premium to me.

Thanks for this post. As a result of this post we are considering also selling the RAPT fermentation chamber replacement doors as a separate line item and have them pre-drilled. It's not difficult to swap the doors over. In terms of making the most of the floor space in your garage I think it's hard to beat the RAPT fridge as you can store two levels of kegs as you have mentioned.

If you have the luxury of more floor space the Series X Plus is a great option but it doesn't suit bottles/cans that well as you have to remove all the shelves. Meaning the bottles and cans need to sit on the floor and this doesnt utilise the space above very well. Perhaps what we need is a new shelf wire type that goes into the Series X Plus that gives you some vertical storage specifically for cans, wine bottles etc. We will start putting more information regarding the Series X Plus up on the website soon.

Hey,
Can you please add the "add to wish list" button even if the item is out stock.
Currently it just says "email when in stock"

Hello donald_trub. Thanks for raising this. As you may know the previous SEO person that we contracted has been let go and we will not be hiring them again. What we have done is got one of our own staff to re-write these articles. So as far as we can tell this issue is resolved. thanks for the heads up donalt_trub. Please let us know if you see anything else that needs to get fixed up.
Edited: Messaged directly rather than continue nit picking in this thread.

Last edited:
@kadmium you are more annoying than both of the companies combined. If you have an issue with wording, message them directly.
Point taken. But this is a question and answer thread. However next time I will message directly if that suits you.

would you consider a priority picking option?

I use the freight finders option and the delivery is usually overnight once collected, but it can take 2-3 days to be picked and sent with some orders. I would pay a bit extra to get the order picked the same day.

I know you prioritise express post orders but when I order a grain bill express post is stupidly expensive and unreliable anyway.

Yes that is correct. At the moment the express orders and pickup orders get priority picking and are often picked in less than 60minutes. It's really our responsibility to pick and pack orders faster in general. We are sending double the amount of freight now than this time last year.

We are going to continue hiring more staff in the warehouse and also improve some efficiencies internally here in the way we process orders and this will help.

Also if you were receiving slightly longer wait times for us to dispatch orders from June til August this was most likely due to us moving warehouse and not having things setup well so I think you will find faster wait times now. When did you have the order that took 2-3 business days?

Back