Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drained all the glycol yesterday because it went yellow and stank.
When it was working it was like a hard slushy.
It only has water now but it still won't chill water

Hello Snake Eyed. Apparently your email bounced last night. It would appear that we do not have your correct email. We also can't look up your email on our system as the unit was not purchased from us. To my understanding a phone message was left for you to email or call us back this morning.

Would you be able to call us when you have a chance and speak to Kee so we can resolve this. It's best to keep this to one person as if you speak to another new customer service member they will probably get you to explain the whole situation from the start again. Ideally if you could send us proof of purchase at the same time this would be ideal as it would save the back and forth.

I was about to pull the trigger on one of these (Edit, was referring to G40). Glad I didn't.

Thank you for taking a bullet for the team Snake Eyed.

It shouldn't be up to the customer to diagnose a fault, past a few basic questions, which have been answered multiple times. Kegland should have had it shipped straight back for diagnostics by their own techs.
If it's fucked, send a new one out. If it's user error, send it back and charge the customer shipping both ways. Pretty simple.

Using the excuse that Snake Eyed bought it from a retailer and not direct is bullshit. It's YOUR product and YOUR name and the way you handled it has cost you sales.

With regards to CIP we have decided to go a different direction. The CIP on such a small tank we felt was not that necessary as most of the small tanks like FermZilla units can easily be flipped upside down by hand. CIP (cleaning in place) is absolutely necessary for large brewery tanks that simply are logistically too heavy and difficult to move.

Also on a small scale and with relatively small pumps the CIP spray balls do not work well. So if you really want the CIP spinning spray balls to work you have to get a large pump and this also seems from our perspective to be cost prohibitive and quite bulky and just not really necessary for domestic use. CIP spray balls are great for tanks 200L in size and larger or tanks that are 70cm in diameter or larger. We don't really feel they are the best solution for smaller tanks where we have found a single jet coats the whole inside of the vessel at least as well if not better.

For this reason we have decided to start selling the "Bucket Blaster Keg and Fermenter Washer Kit" and this is more versatile as it can be used for many different vessels rather than just a FermZilla attachment for just that fermenter type.

Our blow moulding plant is really busy at the moment and we had to prioritise between finishing the 8L PET plastic kegs that we will be making and also the high temperature FermZilla body. We seem to have more interest for the 8L kegs at this stage so these will be finished first and the high Temperature FermZilla body has been pushed down the list of priorities as a result.

With regards to CIP we have decided to go a different direction. The CIP on such a small tank we felt was not that necessary as most of the small tanks like FermZilla units can easily be flipped upside down by hand. CIP (cleaning in place) is absolutely necessary for large brewery tanks that simply are logistically too heavy and difficult to move.

Also on a small scale and with relatively small pumps the CIP spray balls do not work well. So if you really want the CIP spinning spray balls to work you have to get a large pump and this also seems from our perspective to be cost prohibitive and quite bulky and just not really necessary for domestic use. CIP spray balls are great for tanks 200L in size and larger or tanks that are 70cm in diameter or larger. We don't really feel they are the best solution for smaller tanks where we have found a single jet coats the whole inside of the vessel at least as well if not better.

For this reason we have decided to start selling the "Bucket Blaster Keg and Fermenter Washer Kit" and this is more versatile as it can be used for many different vessels rather than just a FermZilla attachment for just that fermenter type.

Our blow moulding plant is really busy at the moment and we had to prioritise between finishing the 8L PET plastic kegs that we will be making and also the high temperature FermZilla body. We seem to have more interest for the 8L kegs at this stage so these will be finished first and the high Temperature FermZilla body has been pushed down the list of priorities as a result.
OK no worries. I personally have a big-arse pump to use for such a purpose but understand that that's not the case for everyone. How about the tri clamp adapter for the base of the unit?

I was about to pull the trigger on one of these (Edit, was referring to G40). Glad I didn't.

It shouldn't be up to the customer to diagnose a fault, past a few basic questions, which have been answered multiple times. Kegland should have had it shipped straight back for diagnostics by their own techs.
If it's fucked, send a new one out. If it's user error, send it back and charge the customer shipping both ways. Pretty simple.

Using the excuse that Snake Eyed bought it from a retailer and not direct is bullshit. It's YOUR product and YOUR name and the way you handled it has cost you sales.

It might be worth mentioning a few points here. We don't want to disagree with Snake Eyed says but I think it would help other people on the forum to get a bit of background on the situation:

1. In order to get claim warranty claim we would normally direct the customer to the place they purchased the item as the first point of call. Generally if a retailer sells an item they would be the first point of call and the retailer would do some trouble shooting with the customer. In this instance the customer came directly to us and we have no problem with this as we support all customers who purchase our gear irrespective of where they purchased it from or which country they purchased it from. If it's got our name on it and it's genuinely our product then we will support it. Even if you purchased in America from a completely different importer then wanted assistance from our Australian office. With that said to claim warranty we still require some basics like proof of purchase.

2. We are yet to get proof of purchase from Snake Eyed so replacement without this piece of paper is not even an option yet. If you purchase from our website then the purchase information is stored in our database. If the item is purchased from another retailer you need to keep your hard copy of the invoice/receipt.

3. Diagnosis needs to be done in any warranty claim. Even though we have not got proof of purchase our customer service staff tried to assist with diagnosis anyway. The diagnosis over the phone was not conclusive as they were not able to collect the necessary information from the customer over the phone to work out what was going on. It appeared the configuration of the pump and temp control were not suitable. The customer insisted that they get a replacement sent to him. (NOTE: we have not yet even got proof of purchase and had not done proper diagnosis). This call was made on Wed and was the first correspondence with the customer.

4. Two days later we received another call on the Friday (day 3). The diagnosis process continued and once again the person who took the call was not able to get key information from the customer to diagnose the system. At this stage the customer was quite frustrated and this customer service staff recommended that the customer talk to an engineer at KegLand who might be able to resolve the problem more easily.

5. The following Monday the Engineer called and assisted with some trouble shooting over the phone. Even though no proof of purchase had been received the engineer said we would offer to get the unit shipped back to Melbourne (at no cost to the customer). To get this process started shipping labels need to be sent and this process is normally done over email. The shipping labels bounced from his email address. Tue (4 business days after the first call had been made) the engineer realised the email had bounced and made a phone call to the customer and left a message on the customers answering service to call or email back with the correct email details.

We are open to criticism just as any retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer should be and we are constantly looking for ways we can improve the customer service.

Given the above circumstances we would like to put the question out there to you guys on the forum what particular parts of our customer service do you feel need reform and what area have we failed in?

Proof of purchase is mandatory for any warranty claim, which is why Bunnings advise you to scan and print their receipts (which are thermo and fade with time) I do wonder why the retailer/re-seller wasn't the first port of call. I'm not accusing snake eyed of any wrong doing but it does seem a strange way of going about it, and lets not forget not everyone out there is honest or honourable.

As for your customer service I've had 3 separate issues with your products and on all occasions it was dealt with promptly and fairly, that's just my experience.

@KegLand-com-au You're making it hard for me to give you money guys, I tried to put in an order and my password was "wrong" ok no worries I'll just open another account, nope "that email is already in use" ok I'll hit the reset password and get an automated link to do that, well that was 2 hrs ago and no link received, please don't tell me it's being done manually, and of course joy of joys your site timed out and my basket is now empty. the "contact us" leads to a page that requires filling out a fair bit of info, no problem there but then gives you an ineligible captcha and when you get it wrong it clears the bloody page, ahaa but at the bottom of the page you see "FOR MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS PLEASE EMAIL
contact_page_email.PNG
DIRECTLY"
yeh great I'll click on that, nope it's an image, how hard would it be to make it a link.
Please send me a reset password link or delete my email from your data base so I can open a new account,
Oh and while you're at it sack the muppet that's administering your web site, this is all first year web design 101 stuff.
Cheers G

I think ole Snake in the Grass should have known better seeing some of the posts on his own website about KL's handling of warranty claims. RE the no worky kegerator.

Suggestion:
I have the Kegland Double Tap Cooler Jockey/Magic Box. I freaking love it, a very awesome bit of kit. Now the recommendation is to leave the drain plug open so the water drains out and ice is always in contact with the chiller plate. This isn't always convenient to do, especially when camping and water would be leaking out in areas that I don't want it to. So I thought to connect a hose to the drain and then I can direct that where I want. As everyone comments that this thing "looks just like a Yeti" I just bought their drain plug with hose connection and am hoping that will do the job. BUT... bloody Yeti... the most freaking expensive stuff, so maybe you want to look into stocking this/supplying it with the cooler.

Link for reference. This thing is going to be $25 delivered. yikes.
https://au.yeti.com/products/drain-plug-w-hose-connection

Oh and while you're at it sack the muppet that's administering your web site, this is all first year web design 101 stuff.

Throw a bunch of industrial designers and product engineers in a room and you have got yourself a NON tech savvy bunch.

Looks like they outsource their site out to India... Having been in the e-commerce industry myself for a few of the big players in Aussie online shopping, outsourcing to india sux balls!! and is generally a big no no unless you know how to manage it. You can essentially throw any communication out the window and in return you will get shoddy work.. It is cheap though.

Keep your site built within Aussie shores and you will have a better time.

Suggestion:
I have the Kegland Double Tap Cooler Jockey/Magic Box. I freaking love it, a very awesome bit of kit. Now the recommendation is to leave the drain plug open so the water drains out and ice is always in contact with the chiller plate. This isn't always convenient to do, especially when camping and water would be leaking out in areas that I don't want it to. So I thought to connect a hose to the drain and then I can direct that where I want. As everyone comments that this thing "looks just like a Yeti" I just bought their drain plug with hose connection and am hoping that will do the job. BUT... bloody Yeti... the most freaking expensive stuff, so maybe you want to look into stocking this/supplying it with the cooler.

Link for reference. This thing is going to be $25 delivered. yikes.
https://au.yeti.com/products/drain-plug-w-hose-connection

Yes the Yeti units come out of the same factory so I would not be surprised if the fittings are compatible. The coolers are pretty much the highest quality esky we could find with the best insulation.

Just to clarify we recommend the ice being in contact with the aluminium as the recover is faster. If you don't want to drain the water out the unit the Magic Box/Jockey Box will still work but your recovery will not be as fast. So you would have to pour one beer then wait maybe 30 seconds. If the ice is in contact with the aluminium casting you can pour beer after beer pretty much continuously.

We will look at some options with hose barbs for the drainage hole. We might be able to find something for the job.

Hi All,
I am getting back into kegging and have just received three brand new KegLand Kegs. Unfortunately one had this big dent in it. Do you think that this will pop out with some pressure in it? (I have not got a regulator yet. Out of stock). They are good quality kegs. Pity about this one.

Thanks and Cheers.

Martin.
New_Keg.jpg

@JugHead have you got a disconnect with a barb fitting and a bike pump? Fill it with water first so it will pressurise quickly. You can put some pressure in it that way. Or if you have a skinny arm you might be able to push it out.

Hi All,
I am getting back into kegging and have just received three brand new KegLand Kegs. Unfortunately one had this big dent in it. Do you think that this will pop out with some pressure in it? (I have not got a regulator yet. Out of stock). They are good quality kegs. Pity about this one.

Thanks and Cheers.

Martin.
View attachment 117361

Just crank up the pressure and it’ll pop out. Had one delivered in the same condition.

There seems to be tumbleweeds when anyone asks about the Maltzilla.

Is there an eta yet?

@KegLand-com-au HELOOOOO! anyone home, I posted at 4.0pm requesting a reset, metal rooster posted at 5.13pm and you responded to him at 5.31pm so you've seen my post, it's now 9.30pm and still no email from you guys, are we waiting for 8.0am in India? I'd phone but have a strange feeling it would be a waste of time. Tell ya wot, I'm going to open a bogus email address and log in as a new customer just to place my order, now how f***ed is that Kee! What happened guys, too big too quick?

@KegLand-com-au HELOOOOO! anyone home, I posted at 4.0pm requesting a reset, metal rooster posted at 5.13pm and you responded to him at 5.31pm so you've seen my post, it's now 9.30pm and still no email from you guys, are we waiting for 8.0am in India? I'd phone but have a strange feeling it would be a waste of time. Tell ya wot, I'm going to open a bogus email address and log in as a new customer just to place my order, now how f***ed is that Kee! What happened guys, too big too quick?
Hey Grmblz, I read in Post #3393 that they need to manually reset it in the backend due to a recent security upgrade needing longer passwords.

Shoot them an email at [email protected] or give them a ring and they can reset your password immediately for you and get you logged in. Pretty sure all they need to do this is your email account or name which they wouldn't know from that post earlier and it probably isn't wise posting this in a public forum.

This is ridiculous. What other examples exist of a retail environment where heavy, expensive items are immediately shipped back to a distributor for diagnosis, bypassing the retailer?

It's obvious that these units can possibly be misused; and with the complications of glycol ratios + configurations it could well have been the case that the troubleshooting done initially could not rule out user error or a misconfiguration.

If I buy a robobrew or guten from LHBS of choice, but it seems to take a long time to hit the boil, should I expect KK/KL to pay for return shipping without going through the retailer to arrange a return, and working through the recommended diagnostic process?

Latest posts

Back