Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well same problem yesterday - Hot cubed this time, didn’t get to the cold break flow stopped! Removed one end of the helix and dropped the false bottom in - no dramas!
So the Robobrew false bottom is a perfect replacement for the Grainfather filter! Works like a charm!

Cheers

Hi guys
Never having kegged before and reading that the fc taps aren't the greatest would the fc ball lock disconnect work with the mini keg starter kits? Eg this one https://www.kegland.com.au/5l-mini-keg-portable-system.html
I was thinking of swapping the tap for a regular one and the disconnect for the fc one. Would that be all i need to swap or would i need extra bits to plumb it together?
Thanks heaps

Yes that's all you would need to do. Also the liquid ball lock disconnect you would not need so you can remove that from the kit too.

Well same problem yesterday - Hot cubed this time, didn’t get to the cold break flow stopped! Removed one end of the helix and dropped the false bottom in - no dramas!
So the Robobrew false bottom is a perfect replacement for the Grainfather filter! Works like a charm!

Cheers

Yes. I would agree with this. We have had more success with the false bottom that comes included with the BrewZilla or Robobrew. I think the helix coil doesn't work as well. So even though we sell the helix coil I would say the false bottom is the way to go.

Yep thanks guys! By the way I think the work David Heath has done (&I might have helped a bit), might see you guys sell a few more false bottoms - Internationally ;) by the way the Camlocks with the adapter fitted perfectly!

Last edited:
You have really put me on the spot now and you can see how dirty the underside of my sink is now.

Hopefully you find the photo below will make sense to you. As you can see I use the inline regulator to drop the water pressure from about 150psi mains pressure to the ball lock post above the sink.
ball%20lock%20post%20on%20sink.jpg

It's not a particularly neat job and normally I would mount the hosing to the wall but when I put this in the cupboard i had not plans to ever make this public on a forum.
Any chance of releasing white Blowties, Red is ugly.

What is the latest timeframes for the Fermentasaurus 2 being released?

We wanted to make a few more changes before we shipped in the next batch of them. Still a couple very small changes that we are making at the moment. I think in another 6-7 weeks we hopefully have a container arriving. Sorry it's taken ages. It's not a simple product to make.

We wanted to make a few more changes before we shipped in the next batch of them. Still a couple very small changes that we are making at the moment. I think in another 6-7 weeks we hopefully have a container arriving. Sorry it's taken ages. It's not a simple product to make.

I hope your getting a shit tonne in, they sound like they will sell out quickly. I'd order the next container now ;)

Kegland happy to pay a deposit to help you with stocking numbers I think it is going to sell well, keep up the great R&D.

Hi guys,
If the thread is wrong, please redirect me.
I am kind of new to kegging and would teally appreciate a little help with my brand new MK3 from Kegland.
I bought it new from Amazon in the Great Whire North and having a very slow leak around 0.5-1 psi per hour.

Here is the test I perform having a gas line connected to the regulator but not to the keg:
1) With the knob completely removed from the reg, I open the CO2 bottle, so that the HP gauge goes to 750PSI.
2) I trun off the bottle and leave it ovenight. In the morning there is still 750 PSI, so I conclude no leak on the HP side
3) I turn on the bottle and set 50 PSI on the LP side by screwing the knob in.
4) I turn off the bottle and unscrew the know completely out leaving both the HP and LP sides pressurized.
5) In about 24 hours I have about 25 PSI left on the LP gauge.

The problem is that I cannot detect any leaks neither on the gas line nor on the regulator with both soapy water or by submergin the gas line and the pin lock QD into water.
Is that kind of leak something normal or shall I return the reg?

Take as long as you need. I am super keen to get the next gen, but if you guys are still doing everything you can to make it the best possible product then take as long as you need. If you could keep us posted, that would be awesome, as I think there's a lot of us who are super keen to purchase once available.

Try the connection to the gas bottle.
I had a little scratch on the white washer that was enough for slow leak.

Try the connection to the gas bottle.
I had a little scratch on the white washer that was enough for slow leak.
I think HP side is fine, it holds pressure no problem Its the LP side when the gas is trapped there by unscrewing the know and leaving it overnight with HP pressurized.

Hi guys,
If the thread is wrong, please redirect me.
I am kind of new to kegging and would teally appreciate a little help with my brand new MK3 from Kegland.
I bought it new from Amazon in the Great Whire North and having a very slow leak around 0.5-1 psi per hour.

Here is the test I perform having a gas line connected to the regulator but not to the keg:
1) With the knob completely removed from the reg, I open the CO2 bottle, so that the HP gauge goes to 750PSI.
2) I trun off the bottle and leave it ovenight. In the morning there is still 750 PSI, so I conclude no leak on the HP side
3) I turn on the bottle and set 50 PSI on the LP side by screwing the knob in.
4) I turn off the bottle and unscrew the know completely out leaving both the HP and LP sides pressurized.
5) In about 24 hours I have about 25 PSI left on the LP gauge.

The problem is that I cannot detect any leaks neither on the gas line nor on the regulator with both soapy water or by submergin the gas line and the pin lock QD into water.
Is that kind of leak something normal or shall I return the reg?
What happens when you leave the reg at the set pressure, does it maintain the same pressure on the HP & LP side?

4) I turn off the bottle and unscrew the knob completely out leaving both the HP and LP sides pressurized.

Not a good way to test.

Instead, leave the regulator set to the desired pressure. Turn off the gas bottle valve. Wait. Both, the high pressure and the low pressure side should remain stable.

Back