Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will take that into consideration. It seems to be working out at the moment that the carbonation tank will be very small. However if you use a lot of carbonated water then you can use a corny keg inline as a water chilling tank that sits inside the fridge. So the water would go through this before the carbonation tank.
Hi Kegland, do you have any updates on the carbonator? Currently designing a kitchen renovation and I'd be interested to know what this looks like and if it will be available in the next couple of months, otherwise I'll just put in a small bar fridge with a pair of daisy chained 19L cornies, to go alongside the soda dispenser in the bar of 50 + 19L daisy chained.

Hi Kegland, do you have any updates on the carbonator? Currently designing a kitchen renovation and I'd be interested to know what this looks like and if it will be available in the next couple of months, otherwise I'll just put in a small bar fridge with a pair of daisy chained 19L cornies, to go alongside the soda dispenser in the bar of 50 + 19L daisy chained.

We are still a little way off with this one. We have working prototypes but it will be several months until we have a finished unit.

@KegLand-com-au - what about the short shanks for fonts? Is it possible to use a duotight on the barb or replace the barb somehow?

At the moment we are phasing out the older short shanks that we have right now and in the future they will all be duotight compatible just like the ones we have in this video here. Look 6 minutes into the video to see what I mean:

As you can see the canning machine is made so so it suits the cans that we sell:
https://www.kegland.com.au/cannular-compact-canning-machine-bench-top-can-seamer.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/aluminium-disposable-full-aperture-beverage-can.html

With that said if you want to use other cans such as the 375ml cans you can purchase these from a many other can manufacturers. In the past nobody has been able to sell a canning machine at the price that we are starting to sell them so as a result not many people got into domestic/small scale canning. With that said this machine now enables people to get into canning far more economically. So I guess you could say it's a "which comes first, chicken and egg scenario". But now we have the machines I think more people will eventually offer the disposable cans.

These canning machines can be adapted to seal cans of all different sizes but each different size will require a different die. We might eventually sell dies for different brands/sizes of cans but these dies are not difficult to make and I have made a simple die on a lathe with some nylon stock and it took about 30minutes to do.

Hey guys. As we are going to start getting more questions and talk about canning machines we have made a new thread here so there is a specific place to find information on the Cannular Canning Machines/Can Seamers. So if you have questions or want to talk about these please comment here instead:
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/all-about-canning-cannular-can-seamers-and-more.100053/

This particular thread is starting to get really long and it's really hard now with 90 pages or so to find stuff in this thread.

At the moment we are phasing out the older short shanks that we have right now and in the future they will all be duotight compatible just like the ones we have in this video here. Look 6 minutes into the video to see what I mean:

So, if I ordered some short shanks now would they be compatible with the duotight fittings like in the video or is it luck of the draw and I might get the older ones?

So, if I ordered some short shanks now would they be compatible with the duotight fittings like in the video or is it luck of the draw and I might get the older ones?

If you purchase a kegerator now they already include the duotight compatible shanks. If you purchase the other short shanks that we sell separately here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/intertap-pc-short-shank-chrome-plated-brass.html

or here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/intertap-ss-short-shank.html

These particular ones will not be compatible and they are still the traditional short shank design.

Hi Kegland your flow stopper says it is both in and out of stock right now any idea when it will be back?

Hi guys
Never having kegged before and reading that the fc taps aren't the greatest would the fc ball lock disconnect work with the mini keg starter kits? Eg this one https://www.kegland.com.au/5l-mini-keg-portable-system.html
I was thinking of swapping the tap for a regular one and the disconnect for the fc one. Would that be all i need to swap or would i need extra bits to plumb it together?
Thanks heaps

Hi guys
Never having kegged before and reading that the fc taps aren't the greatest would the fc ball lock disconnect work with the mini keg starter kits? Eg this one https://www.kegland.com.au/5l-mini-keg-portable-system.html
I was thinking of swapping the tap for a regular one and the disconnect for the fc one. Would that be all i need to swap or would i need extra bits to plumb it together?
Thanks heaps
I definitely recommend an FC tap when you direct mount to a disconnect. The parts list in your link looks pretty good, Is there a particular reason you are looking at a mini keg set up? What batch size do you brew? A 19l cornelius keg and pluto gun might be a better place to start.

Was going to start small so i can just put it in the fridge and take it if i go to a mate's place. Will upgrade to a keezer or similar eventually. I brew 22ish lt but will bottle some as well.
Cheers for the advice on the tap. :bigcheers:

We are still a little way off with this one. We have working prototypes but it will be several months until we have a finished unit.
Ok, thanks, I'll go with the daisy-chained kegs then. I still see a lucrative market for these products when you launch them, assuming they are effective and reasonably priced.

I definitely recommend an FC tap when you direct mount to a disconnect. The parts list in your link looks pretty good, Is there a particular reason you are looking at a mini keg set up? What batch size do you brew? A 19l cornelius keg and pluto gun might be a better place to start.

Any reason why you recommend the FC tap over the FC disconnect? I've got the FC disconnect with a standard intertap direct attached to an insulated growler and it works well for me.

I've got a fc tap connected directly to a disconnect for my mini keg and it's pretty unreliable for a good pour. I'd go the fc disconnect with a standard tap.

Probably depends on the hardware
I use an FC intertap directly on a minikeg and it works brilliantly
I also have 6 x Perlick FC taps on my keezer and they are just crap

I would be interested to know how you go. We have found that they block quite fast as soon as you add more than about 40 grams of hops in a 20L batch.

If your kettle fits this false bottom this works really well for large amounts of hops:
https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-35l-gen3-false-bottom.html

We have lots of people using the BrewZilla/Robobrew units and this false bottom still works well and doesn't seem to block even with 100grams or more of hops in a 20l batch or more.

With that said some customers seem to like the helix, it's just not my favourite solution.
As you predicted - didn’t work! Basically being pushed against the edge of the boiler closes off the gaps in the coil, which stops the flow. The false bottom made the problem worse! By sealing the top of the coil.
Tomorrow I will try and alternative

As you predicted - didn’t work! Basically being pushed against the edge of the boiler closes off the gaps in the coil, which stops the flow. The false bottom made the problem worse! By sealing the top of the coil.
Tomorrow I will try and alternative
I have one of WEALS original, they work but they are a finer gauge than the KL ones, are you hot cubing? If not none of them will work.

Any reason why you recommend the FC tap over the FC disconnect? I've got the FC disconnect with a standard intertap direct attached to an insulated growler and it works well for me.
I didn’t. I do recommend some form of flow control if direct connecting to a mini keg. I already had an FC tap and standard MLF disconnect when I got my mini keg & only needed the adaptor. it works well for me. I haven’t used an FC disconnect so I can’t comment on them.

Latest posts

Back