Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any plans to start offering international shipping? I'd be interested in a 29L Kegmenter but the UK distributors MaltMiller aren't intending to stock them as the Keg King ones didn't sell well. Have seen other UK folk not getting replies from KegLand china.

Any plans to start offering international shipping? I'd be interested in a 29L Kegmenter but the UK distributors MaltMiller aren't intending to stock them as the Keg King ones didn't sell well. Have seen other UK folk not getting replies from KegLand china.

It's simply not efficient to ship internationally from Australia. The shipping cost is too high and we really prefer to work with local distributors in Europe. We are quire confident that we will have various other distributors in Europe once the Fermentasaurus 2 is available. We already have a list of retailers that want to distribute the product so we will publish this list when the stock starts to get shipped.

I'm a bit late to the party, but my vote is for 500ml capacity cans and I have no preference for the top as I would be decanting to a glass. I think cans would be a great way to take my HB away bike camping as they are lighter, tougher, cool down quicker and easier to carry out when crushed.

Do you know when you're getting more beer line in? Waiting on that to place an order atm

Looking to age sours in a few 2nd hand kegs and would be good to draw the liquid from the top of the keg so the brett and bacteria can sit on the bottom and get racked back onto for the next batch.

Is the below all i need for this, plus a couple of clamps? Presume id attach one end to a gas dip tube (in the beer out line)?

https://www.kegland.com.au/fermentasaurus-ss-float-60cm-silicone-dip-tube.html

It's simply not efficient to ship internationally from Australia. The shipping cost is too high and we really prefer to work with local distributors in Europe. We are quire confident that we will have various other distributors in Europe once the Fermentasaurus 2 is available. We already have a list of retailers that want to distribute the product so we will publish this list when the stock starts to get shipped.

Any idea on when the Fermentasaraus 2 is likely to be available in the UK/Europe?

Looking to age sours in a few 2nd hand kegs and would be good to draw the liquid from the top of the keg so the brett and bacteria can sit on the bottom and get racked back onto for the next batch.

Is the below all i need for this, plus a couple of clamps? Presume id attach one end to a gas dip tube (in the beer out line)?

https://www.kegland.com.au/fermentasaurus-ss-float-60cm-silicone-dip-tube.html
No, you'll need to replace the long dip tube with a shorten one (which they seem to always sold out). Alternatively, you can cut your existing one shorter.

Thanks for that. Our website doesn't facilitate pre-orders at this stage. Thanks you guys for the feedback on the cans. Seems like the 500ml is the way to go.
375mm would be good if you could get the cans with a soft drink brand on them, ;-)

@KegLand-com-au I emailed on Friday about the sample canning units but haven't heard anything
Sorry to be a pain, just very keen on some info

Sorry abou that. We got a lot of enquries about these and we only have two units left. I think we might have missed your email. can you please email us at [email protected]

I think 375ml cans are more practical for our climate, so that's my vote. I don't suppose it's just by chance that the vast majority of packaged beer in Australia comes in 375 or 330ml containers. That said, my vote may be a bit biased because I tend to brew on the higher side ABV wise. I say just drink more of them if you're thirsty :)

The cost difference doesn't bother me too much.

@KegLand-com-au, can the heating elements you sell be used in a boil kettle? Theres alot of bad wrap about the keg-king ones which i believe you guys used to be part of so im guessing they're about the same spec.

@KegLand-com-au, can the heating elements you sell be used in a boil kettle? Theres alot of bad wrap about the keg-king ones which i believe you guys used to be part of so im guessing they're about the same spec.

Most certainly the ones manufactured before 2015 has issues. These issues have been well and truly resolved and many people use these successfully with various boil kettles and hot liquor tanks. So the new ones are excellent and you will not find a better value stainless heating element anywhere.

Our return rate is under 1% on these so I would say they are just as reliable as any other heating element we have ever used and the simple design makes them easy to install and clean.

My only complaint is the watt density is a bit high so it's something you should be careful off if you have very high concentrations of sugars. If you are doing very high gravity brews you might consider just lowering the wattage with something like this:

https://www.kegland.com.au/4000w-power-station-240v-power-controller.html

Latest posts

Back