Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @KegLand-com-au. So what’s the recommendation for setting the power controller if doing HG or high % beers, 80%?

Considering there could be 2 elements required to get a good boil in a 50l keg will dropping the power down still get the desired result?

Because you're effectively cutting the surface watt density for each element, you'll still boil, it'll just take longer (as long as you're not lowering it too far)

I can attest to the pre-2016 Keg King elements causing fires - I never had an issue personally but have witnessed (in person or photos) two brewers have this problem, and read the dozens of reports of faults on this site.

I have been using post-2016 KK elements in my 1V BIAB double batch rig for mash, boil and kettle sours. I have had no issues with using them.

My old went off with a spectacular bang and quite a large arc/flame
Unfortunately when I contacted KK (this was pre Kegland by a year or so) I was told I could bring it into the shop for a replacement if it was in warranty...

Any word on tri clamp fittings? Looking for a butterfly valve and fittings to go with it.

Hi,

Do you have the dimensions for the Fermentasaurus v2 27L version? I'm looking to purchase a new fermentation chamber/fridge and I want to make sure it's the correct size for when the new fermenters are released later in the year.

Thanks,
Tom.

Thanks @KegLand-com-au. So what’s the recommendation for setting the power controller if doing HG or high % beers, 80%?

Considering there could be 2 elements required to get a good boil in a 50l keg will dropping the power down still get the desired result?

This is really hard to say. If you use high watt density you will probably find you get some caramilisation. This could actually be a desirable thing if that is what you are trying to do but generally speaking its not what you are looking for. So reducing the wattage in the boiler might be a good idea. It's something you will have to experiment with and continue to reduce the wattage until you get the desired results. Are you using these elements:
https://www.kegland.com.au/2200-watt-stainless-steel-heating-element.html

If you are using these elements you will still get a good rolling boil with two of these elements at 75% power.

Any word on tri clamp fittings? Looking for a butterfly valve and fittings to go with it.

We are bringing in a larger range of tr-clover fittings and we will have more available on the website soon includding butterfly valves. I dont have an exact date but definitely this is a priority for us.

We are bringing in a larger range of tr-clover fittings and we will have more available on the website soon includding butterfly valves. I dont have an exact date but definitely this is a priority for us.
Any chance of 2" triclamp cap to 1/2" male threaded adapters?
Essentially this but in 2" (for clamping to kegs) https://www.kegland.com.au/1-5-inch-tri-clover-with-1-2-inch-bsp.html
There is only 1 supplier on Aliexpress and they're pretty darn expensive for what they are (about twice what I'd expect to pay for them)
I've tossed up getting in the end caps and threaded pipe to braze up a dozen or so myself, but if you'd be able to get them in for only a few dollars more than your 1.5" ones, it wouldn't be worth the effort

Are we able to purchase the high pressure lpg reg you currently sell with the burner set up just on its own?

Last edited:
Any chance of 2" triclamp cap to 1/2" male threaded adapters?
Essentially this but in 2" (for clamping to kegs) https://www.kegland.com.au/1-5-inch-tri-clover-with-1-2-inch-bsp.html
There is only 1 supplier on Aliexpress and they're pretty darn expensive for what they are (about twice what I'd expect to pay for them)
I've tossed up getting in the end caps and threaded pipe to braze up a dozen or so myself, but if you'd be able to get them in for only a few dollars more than your 1.5" ones, it wouldn't be worth the effort

It's not something that we have pans on bringing in at the moment. Where do you want to use it? The 2inch size is not as common for home brewers. Also with 2inch fittings we would normally go to a 3/4 thread or bigger making this even more unusual.

It's not something that we have pans on bringing in at the moment. Where do you want to use it? The 2inch size is not as common for home brewers. Also with 2inch fittings we would normally go to a 3/4 thread or bigger making this even more unusual.
On a keg (50L), clamping it to the top of the keg with the spear removed
This would be for inverting the keg, using the neck of the keg as a bottom drain, then cutting a hole in what used to be the bottom (now the top) and adding a corny lid and bulkhead ball lock posts to use as a pressure fermenter
2" (64mm OD, whatever you want to call it) is what the majority of still owners use if they're just clamping a column to a keg, most people who build their own gear either use 2" or 4" for their columns and condensers (if they're not making liebig condensers)
I know I could use 3/4" threaded, but as 1/2" is the common thread size for home brewing, I'd like to stick with that so I have everything the same size
It's only recently that I've seen 1.5" gear coming into play, I've wondered where that comes from

Kegland - Have you got a pulley for sale? Can't seem to locate it anywhere on the site

Hi,

Do you have the dimensions for the Fermentasaurus v2 27L version? I'm looking to purchase a new fermentation chamber/fridge and I want to make sure it's the correct size for when the new fermenters are released later in the year.

Thanks,
Tom.
Bump! I see you are now selling the Gen 1 are you manufacturing these now as well as the Gen 2 and 3?

Last edited:
On a keg (50L), clamping it to the top of the keg with the spear removed
This would be for inverting the keg, using the neck of the keg as a bottom drain, then cutting a hole in what used to be the bottom (now the top) and adding a corny lid and bulkhead ball lock posts to use as a pressure fermenter
2" (64mm OD, whatever you want to call it) is what the majority of still owners use if they're just clamping a column to a keg, most people who build their own gear either use 2" or 4" for their columns and condensers (if they're not making liebig condensers)
I know I could use 3/4" threaded, but as 1/2" is the common thread size for home brewing, I'd like to stick with that so I have everything the same size
It's only recently that I've seen 1.5" gear coming into play, I've wondered where that comes from

No worries. We will keep that in mind. If we get enough request for the part we will probably find a solution for this. At this stage we just done get enough demand for this part though.

Kegland - Have you got a pulley for sale? Can't seem to locate it anywhere on the site

We do not have any pulleys at the moment but we do have some ratcheting pulleys arriving in about 2-3 weeks. This will only have one pulley.

Obviously to reduce the pulling force though you really need to have at least 2 pulleys so in the not too distant future we will then make some double pulleys. This is something that we really need to release soon as the BrewZilla 65L model has a malt pipe that is quite heavy for one person to lift out unless you are quite strong.

Latest posts

Back