Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump! I see you are now selling the Gen 1 are you manufacturing these now as well as the Gen 2 and 3?

The Gen 1 units are from Oxebar. The Gen 2 unit will be released before Christmas. The 27L will be released first then if we are all happy with that we will release the 55L model shortly after.

That zero with a strike through it is the symbol for diameter. So the two numbers on the right of that diagram are the diameter dimensions for top and bottom. A diameter of 393mm on the metal base and 352mm diameter of the fermentor itself.

Yes that's correct. Perhaps it's not so clear on the images.

We are also trying to change the tooling a little at the moment so we can get a little larger with the 50L size. We are trying to make the 50L actually a bit bigger so it's 55L. The larger you go with these types of containers the difficult they are to engineer so that has been the main issue and we don't really want to change size once we start manufacture.

Fermentasaurus 2 or Kegmenter, which one should I choose? I can't brew again until I have one (not in a rush though) as my plastic FVs are giving me weird off flavours..

No worries. We will keep that in mind. If we get enough request for the part we will probably find a solution for this. At this stage we just done get enough demand for this part though.
I am also keen on 2" tri-clover fittings (elbow, sight gauge, step down to 1",3/4",1/2" threaded) to convert inverted 50L kegs to conical fermenters.

Oh yeah, good idea, at least to try and identify if it is indeed my plastic FVs.. I'll look into this further, thanks!

Yes it's a difficult decision that many customers have the issue in deciding. If you ever want to harvest yeast then the Fermentasaurus 2 is the way to go. If you are not going to harvest yeast then the Kegmenters are a great option.

The Kegmenters are also a great multipurpose vessel though that can be used for:
1. Inoculation Tank. Simply fit a 2200watt stick heating element into the side and then you can inoculate in this tank. This is good for sour beers if that's what you are into.
2. Distillation vessel. Great to boil in these with the element above and then attach the still head.
3. Regular keg. Sometimes handy to have one more keg available.

So if 1, 2 or 3 is valuable for you then this might be worth getting the Kegmenter. Otherwise the Fermentasaurus 2 is the more capable unit.

I’m just changing my practice and creating a starter from the new yeast; then separating into small quantities and stepping those up and pitching

Keg fill stopper. The simple things in life are often the best! Any other genius stuff like that in the works?

Great job on that, will be purchasing it for sure.

Hi guys
I have seen mention of a heating/cooling fridge you are developing that will fit the new fermentasauras.
Is this a single fridge size or you doing a small and large one? and do you have any dimensions yet? And any rough ETA (I see mentioned is 'next year', first quarter 2019?, first half? 2nd half?)?
I'm looking at getting a new fridge and would like a v2 of the fermentasauras when it comes out (27L one) so just working out what to do.

I'm currently building an upgraded rig and wanted to know what the performance of your counterflow chiller is like? How does it compare to the one sold with the Grainfather?

Also, would love a "New Product" feed on the site so I can easily stay abreast of all new and incoming products.

@KegLand-com-au Regarding disposable oxygen, what connection/fitting will your cylinders have? I might grow weary and buy elsewhere, but it would be great to have the foresight in my purchase so that I can remain compatible with what you guys end up releasing.

Hi Kegland, I recently bought a robobrew thinking it was going to be a compromise (didn't have the bank for a grainfather), however I'm thrilled with it for the price, massive improvement over my previous BIAB setup.

What I want to know is when recirculating mash do you need to have a decent flow to not stuff the pump or is it happy as long as some liquid is flowing through it? Also is there a trick to cleaning the groove at the top? Should the ring that supports the malt pipe be removed?

Keg fill stopper. The simple things in life are often the best! Any other genius stuff like that in the works?

Great job on that, will be purchasing it for sure.

Yeah it's a really simple device but it most certainly makes filling kegs easier:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-flow-stopper.html

I have also used it for emptying kegs too. It's not quite as useful for this but one thing that I do is fill the keg to the brim with StellarSan then use CO2 to displace the StellarSan. This gives me much better purge of oxygen out of the keg. Keeping oxygen off your beer is so important to maintaining beer quality and simply pulling the PRV a few times doesnt really lower the O2 enough in my opinion. If you use the fill stopper upside down then the ball floats inside the chamber (once you purge the air out) then once the keg has been emptied the flow cuts off automatically. This can can safe you just dispensing CO2 to the atmosphere if you are not looking at it.

Latest posts

Back