Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au

1) Any reason your 'Low Volume CIP Spinning Spray Rotor' (KL04329) has taken so long? Also, why the huge price of $10? Seems way overs for what it is.

2) Can you please give consideration to creating a locking mechanism to fit over the adjustment knob of the blowtie spunding valve? When set at low PSI (i.e. 5 PSI) it is very easy to knock the adjustment knob which forces you to recalibrate. Can't recall where I saw it; but someone had 3D printed a locking cover to go over the adjustment knob so it couldn't be moved. Thought it was a great idea and would come in handy.

3) Any further update regarding your mini tap?

@KegLand-com-au

1) Any reason your 'Low Volume CIP Spinning Spray Rotor' (KL04329) has taken so long? Also, why the huge price of $10? Seems way overs for what it is.

2) Can you please give consideration to creating a locking mechanism to fit over the adjustment knob of the blowtie spunding valve? When set at low PSI (i.e. 5 PSI) it is very easy to knock the adjustment knob which forces you to recalibrate. Can't recall where I saw it; but someone had 3D printed a locking cover to go over the adjustment knob so it couldn't be moved. Thought it was a great idea and would come in handy.

3) Any further update regarding your mini tap?
the barb & nut part alone would likely be $4 from most outlets, then another $6 for a fairly complicated injection moulded part?
Seems pretty reasonable to me, stop being so cheap, costs have dropped GREATLY in the last 10 years, be grateful you're not paying the kinds of costs we used to pay

Hey Kegland, are you still planning on getting those smaller 4L PET kegs in?
Yes these are absolutely happening but we are just changing the shape very slightly. Sorry about the delay we think we will have stock of these by about June this year now. Sorry for the long wait.

Just out of interest are you sure you don't just want to purchase a digiboil 65L? I think this is easier to use to be honest and you already have digital control of the temperature and lower watt density. Also other accessories can be used such as distillation lid, boil extender etc.

We sell a lot of digiboils to be honest and they are pretty good value.

In this case I think installing an element in my existing kettle will be cheapest and fairly straight forward, and I already have an element at my disposal. All I'd need is the hole punch and maybe a power controller. I think if I end up liking the electric setup I'd go for something like the BrewZilla for something with a basket and programmable, etc.

Thanks for the info regarding the hole punches, etc. I'll have to do some research to see if there's something that'll plug that size hole.

@KegLand-com-au do the latest Gen 4 35L brewzillas come with the heat ex-changer dish? or is it still a separate purchase??

At the moment this is still a separate purchase. We will eventually just include it in the kit and at that time the price will go up slightly and we will update our website to also say it's included.

the barb & nut part alone would likely be $4 from most outlets, then another $6 for a fairly complicated injection moulded part?
Seems pretty reasonable to me, stop being so cheap, costs have dropped GREATLY in the last 10 years, be grateful you're not paying the kinds of costs we used to pay
Ah, the good old days. There's a reason nearly everyone used to use a gravity system -- nobody could afford a pump!

I've been browsing the new website today (and having a homebrew :drinkingbeer:); so far I'm liking what I've seen .

I've found the Super Sucker, which looks like a handy thing to have around. My concern is, I would want flexibility about what connections I use on the other end of the hoses, so would like some sort of quick disconnect on the pump inlet and outlet. That way I can use my existing stock of hoses to connect to whatever I need on each end.

Any suggestions what I could/should use for this?

I've been browsing the new website today (and having a homebrew :drinkingbeer:); so far I'm liking what I've seen .

I've found the Super Sucker, which looks like a handy thing to have around. My concern is, I would want flexibility about what connections I use on the other end of the hoses, so would like some sort of quick disconnect on the pump inlet and outlet. That way I can use my existing stock of hoses to connect to whatever I need on each end.

Any suggestions what I could/should use for this?
Triclamp/Triclover fittings.

Triclamp/Triclover fittings.
Not a bad idea, but I don't have any TC fittings anywhere in the brewery. I was thinking either corny post or fatlock type fittings to use transferring beer. Problem is I can't find any with 1/2" BSP.

Could use camlock, but I only have camlock-camlock hoses for my 3V, so that's a bit limiting.

Decisions, decisions.

I think I need a beer or three while I consider this further.

Main reason was that TC is really the only true airtight under pressure fitting. I've found camlocks can be leaky, QD's highly depend on the o-ring same with the snaplock etc. Just depends what purpose you want to use the super sucker for. I had assumed cold side transfers which means you need TC even from a sanitation perspective.

Latest posts

Back