Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I received the account activation email last night without having even visited the new website.

Regarding the 8mm yellow plastic flow control disconnect . Try as I might, I cannot seem to get the beer line in any where deep enough. I see that there looks to be an insertion mark but even after using hot water the try to soften things the beer line wont go in properly and I am worried about a beer leak. Any help would be most appreciated!

Regarding the 8mm yellow plastic flow control disconnect . Try as I might, I cannot seem to get the beer line in any where deep enough. I see that there looks to be an insertion mark but even after using hot water the try to soften things the beer line wont go in properly and I am worried about a beer leak. Any help would be most appreciated!
Little bit of lube on the end of the beer line. Make sure it’s a clean straight cut (the cutter from KL does a good job). If you’re unsure you can use a marker to show how deep it should go (can be hard to know as you don’t always feel both orings as they seat).

For push fittings, I give the tip a couple of turns in a pencil sharpener. It’s just enough to give the tip a slight taper and it makes it much easier to push past the seals to full depth.

The new website is fantastic. Much better than the old one. I have a suggestion though, when you put liquid yeast on your website maybe at the time of the item going up you could add the manufacture date of the yeast. It would just be good to know if more than one package should be purchased. P.S. I also like that the Bluestone yeasts actually tell you how many are in stock!

Thanks for the offer but what I meant was there is no wish list on the new site. There is no heart shaped button in each item like the on the old website.

Yes that is a fair point. I will add that to the list. We will get a Wishlist added to the new site.

For push fittings, I give the tip a couple of turns in a pencil sharpener. It’s just enough to give the tip a slight taper and it makes it much easier to push past the seals to full depth.

This is a cleaver idea. I never thought about doing this but I imagine that would help. If customers are having a difficult time getting the line in to the correct dept it's normally because the edge of the line is caught on the step inside the fitting but a chamfer like this would definitely help. Often lubricating the line a bit with water or lube will help too.

The new website is fantastic. Much better than the old one. I have a suggestion though, when you put liquid yeast on your website maybe at the time of the item going up you could add the manufacture date of the yeast. It would just be good to know if more than one package should be purchased. P.S. I also like that the Bluestone yeasts actually tell you how many are in stock!

Yes this is a fair point. It's quite a lot of work to update but I agree this would be nice to have. I will see what we can do here.

@KegLand-com-au
stopped selling the products on Aliexpress? all are no longer available

We have an office and consolidation warehouse in China. The primary function of this office is to consolidate full container orders to send to our distributors overseas. With that said we do have an KegLand Aliexpress Store that is used for:
1. Sending products to countries where we do not yet have a distributor
2. Sending samples to new potential distributors
3. Selling some samples or end of line products

The Aliexpress store is also priced in such a way that if you have a local distributor it will be cheaper for you to purchase from that local distributor and you will probably get better service and support too. So it's always best to go to your local distributor first.

We also have holiday periods where the Aliexpress store sometimes goes offline but then you will notice it will come back online once the holiday period is over.

Here is the distributor map:
https://www.kegland.com.au/distributor

Yes that is a fair point. I will add that to the list. We will get a Wishlist added to the new site.
Excellent - Every brewday I find things that I have run out of / broken or just want to replace and I just add them into my wishlist for the next time I make a purchase. It saves me a fortune in shipping fees.

I’m looking to turn my brew kettle electric (this one 50ltr NANO Brewery 304SS Brew Kettle, Triple Base Pot - Cheeky Peak Brewery) and looking at the 2200 wat element Kegland sells. It seems fairly straight forward, make a pilot hole and then get a 32mm hole punch you sell and that’s it?

One thing i can’t find and I hope you sell is some kind of weldless plug to close up the hole in case I want to go back to gas. Do you sell anything that’d do the job? Just don’t want to leave a permanent hole I can’t cover up if need be. I did notice this Replacement Mini Keg Silicone Seal For Tapping Head | | KegLand which is 32mm but has no nut to hold it to the other side

Thanks

I’m looking to turn my brew kettle electric (this one 50ltr NANO Brewery 304SS Brew Kettle, Triple Base Pot - Cheeky Peak Brewery) and looking at the 2200 wat element Kegland sells. It seems fairly straight forward, make a pilot hole and then get a 32mm hole punch you sell and that’s it?

One thing i can’t find and I hope you sell is some kind of weldless plug to close up the hole in case I want to go back to gas. Do you sell anything that’d do the job? Just don’t want to leave a permanent hole I can’t cover up if need be. I did notice this Replacement Mini Keg Silicone Seal For Tapping Head | | KegLand which is 32mm but has no nut to hold it to the other side

Thanks
I have these elements in my kettle, you can buy a 1" stainless bolt washer and seal to do this.

Alternatively just leave the element installed while using gas

My 70L CP kettle ive just converted one of the 32mm holes to 48mm and am running a 2" Weldless TC fitting 32mm hole 2" endcap for element or a solid 2" without. Ideally get a 2" triclamp welded on but this works

This nut 1 Inch BSP Stainless Lock Nut | | KegLand same as whats on the elements
This seal 1 Inch Silicone Washer | | KegLand
I brought M32 washers elsewhere and same with the bolts, I actually brought 1 1/4" nut and bolt by mistake first

Ive also got every single hole punch kegland sell, along with various tungsten holesaws and other metal hole saws. Id use knockout punches

Last edited:
Is the mini keg low profile tapping head still available? Can’t seem to find it on the new site

We will put this up on the new website soon.

Thanks
Yes that is correct. These 32mm knock out punches are a good way to go:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/32mm-hole-punch-knockout-die-and-punch-set-slugbuster
These step drill bits work for drilling the hole:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...pped-drill-bit-4-22mm-titanium-nitride-coatedJust remember when drilling any stainless use lots of pressure and low speed (under 200rpm) and ideally use lubricant.

We do not have a plug for this specific hole size but I am sure it would not be hard to find something to fit.

Thanks

Just out of interest are you sure you don't just want to purchase a digiboil 65L? I think this is easier to use to be honest and you already have digital control of the temperature and lower watt density. Also other accessories can be used such as distillation lid, boil extender etc.

We sell a lot of digiboils to be honest and they are pretty good value.

Back