Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Specifically this lip on the one on the right.

Attachments

• 15955078425958630362767694756124.jpg
    15955078425958630362767694756124.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 135
All my kegs are either Keg King or Kegland and have been bought over a period of 6 years or so. None of them have that lip on them.

Ok good to know. This is a new KK one so must be a recent change. None of my older KK ones have it. Even if I do manage to squeeze these in, I can see much swearing happening trying to slide these in and out of my keezer if the ribs catch on each other.

My newest one is a 1.5 year old KL one. So unless there's been a recent change that I don't know about, you should be right. I think we would've heard if they changed the keg designs slightly, as it would be problematic in a lot of people's setups.

I have a feeling they were early samples that they were getting rid of. Hoping the regular ones come back in stock next week. I've so far got one Nukatap and am very happy with the performance and will be replacing the remaining taps out.

Just on that, any chance that a black stout nozzle can be made up to suit the black nukataps? I wanted the black tap to be my stout tap, but the SS nozzle doesn’t really match the black tap.

First world problem I know

Are the Raw Stainless nukataps something that have already been and gone (I see they're limited edition), or are they yet to go on sale?

Been and gone I think, I've got one as the tap on my fermenting fridge cos I was happy to save $3 for something that lives in the garage

When will the mini 360 regulators be available? Website says 25th of July.

When will the mini 360 regulators be available? Website says 25th of July.

Maybe they buggered up and meant 25th July 2021.

This seems to be one of those perpetually delayed items, iv'e got this item on my mailing list and got an email a couple of weeks ago saying it was in stock, but checked and said it was delayed until the 24th.

This seems to be one of those perpetually delayed items, iv'e got this item on my mailing list and got an email a couple of weeks ago saying it was in stock, but checked and said it was delayed until the 24th.
It’s quite frustrating. Like the RAPT fridge...

It’s quite frustrating. Like the RAPT fridge...

The RAPT fridge has never had a delivery date, though? And they've been pretty clear in this thread that it's still in development.

It would be helpful if the website distinguished between "Upcoming" (i.e. has never yet been in stock) and "Out of stock".

It would also be helpful if the "new products" ticker showed products which have come into stock for the first time - as it is, sometimes it's months between when a product shows up as a "new product" and when it can actually be bought.

Speaking of which, this "placeholder" review malarkly looks especially dumb on products like the RAPT fridge which have never been available to purchase...

Hi Kegland, when will the G20 units be back in stock please? I read earlier in this thread they're being changed to allow a heating device to be wired in. Will the next batch include this?

Thanks

Hi Kegland, when will the G20 units be back in stock please? I read earlier in this thread they're being changed to allow a heating device to be wired in. Will the next batch include this?

Thanks

These are in stock now. It's probably a good thing you have waited
as we have made a few changes that you can see below:

We have made our own custom temp control board and the new board enables the temp controller to be used for heating as well as cooling.

We have also included a sight glass on the front of the unit so you can easily check the liquid level.

The other thing is the duotight 3/8 fittings make it easier for you to attach hose for draining out of the tank or potentially for attaching hose to connect an external pump if you needed to.

We will upload some instructions on how you can wire up a heating device later.

I should also say that these are selling out quite fast so It might be a good idea to get in quick as they will be sold out within the next day or so.

The RAPT fridge has never had a delivery date, though? And they've been pretty clear in this thread that it's still in development.

It would be helpful if the website distinguished between "Upcoming" (i.e. has never yet been in stock) and "Out of stock".

It would also be helpful if the "new products" ticker showed products which have come into stock for the first time - as it is, sometimes it's months between when a product shows up as a "new product" and when it can actually be bought.

Speaking of which, this "placeholder" review malarkly looks especially dumb on products like the RAPT fridge which have never been available to purchase...

We have already made a number of RAPT fridges but these have been supplied to some of our overseas distributors and people who have been involved in the development process so far.

We have already made quite a lot of variations to the design and changed tooling on several parts a couple times. At the moment we do not have an option in the attributes for "upcoming" but this is probably a good idea however this will be overwritten automatically when orders are entered into our ERP system and date is applied. So when orders are placed in our ERP system these orders can be placed sometimes many months before the stock arrives. When the expected arrival date is applied to an order the date is then automatically updated on the website. This means our customers get the most viability and as soon as we have an ETA or that ETA is updated it gets updates online automatically.

These Mini 360 Core Actuator regulators have sold out already. We had the shipment of these arrive and sell out quite fast as we had quite a few people wanting this product. We now have another shipment of these due to arrive in 3 weeks. As we are still ramping up the production of this product and we have high demand in America and Europe we are trying to spread the stock out a bit between various distributors so this is a product in particular that we will find it hard to get enough stock of fir the first few months.

The arrival date for the next stock is on the 28th. (tomorrow). Once this stock sells out the next shipment is about 1 month away. So If you really want one you should try to get in quickly.

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au
Are the Raw Stainless nukataps something that have already been and gone (I see they're limited edition), or are they yet to go on sale?
https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-ss-tap-only-raw-stainless-steel.htmlI like the raw stainless look so I'm keen to get some

Yes we are considering if we should continue to stock the RAW cast ones or not. They look a bit unfinished but some customers seem to want this rustic look. Sales on this product have been lower than the Black Nukatap and the standard Nukatap SS model. In my opinion it's hard to beat the standard SS model as this is the most reliable, durable finish.

In my opinion the best process for making taps is to polish the stainless steel then treat with chrome plating. This process ensures you do not have any porosity issues, the chrome gives you a high lustre, is very chemically resistant, and also very durable and resistant to scratches. Taps that have been through this process still look like new after decades of use.

Just on that, any chance that a black stout nozzle can be made up to suit the black nukataps? I wanted the black tap to be my stout tap, but the SS nozzle doesn’t really match the black tap.

First world problem I know

All Nukatap and Intertap taps and spouts are designed to be compatible. All of us here hate how various other manufacturers change spout threads meaning the spouts end up not being compatible or you need adaptors etc. All of our standard sized beer taps will always have the G3/8 thread on the spout so they are backward and forwards compatible with older/newer models.

Note: One of our competitors for a period were manufacturing Intertap taps with G3/8 and then switched over to a different thread under the same brand. So this became a bit confusing as we have ended up with various spout threads which is a bit annoying. With that said ALL of our spouts are the same thread type and as a result the stout nozzle will work.

All my kegs are either Keg King or Kegland and have been bought over a period of 6 years or so. None of them have that lip on them.

We cant comment on Keg King as they have changed suppliers a couple of times recently but with that said all our new ball lock kegs are made with no lip and have always been like this. We do not really like the lip as the kegs do not sit quite as tightly in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back