Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be blowing anything in to a bottle of acid. I would take it back to the retailer for a refund or tip it into another bottle. It seems blocked to me and looks like a flaw in the blow moulding. The tube is probably blocked by webbing and judging by the quality of the bottle (I have 2) I wouldn't be surprised. I am not knocking the quality, it is fit for purpose just saying qc is lax.

Attached is an image of mild webbing, it could easily block the tubeView attachment 112635

We would agree with that. We would be happy to supply replacement stock to the retailer.

We would not recommend pressurising the bottle. Also the carbonation cap will not fit this bottole.

I should also say concentrated phosphoric acid if it stays on the seals in the carb cap for a long time it will eat the seals. Phosphoric acid is quite aggressive and eats many different seal compounts especially in this highly concentrated mix.

Hi that is what i have done. I have had plenty of other containers before so i know how they work i would say in manufacturing this container plastic in the tube at the bottom is blocked
Could be kittens. There’s been trouble with this reported previously in regards to airlocks. A gentle flush of tap water and some cat food to coax them out may help.

Could be kittens. There’s been trouble with this reported previously in regards to airlocks.
I was very tempted to mention this but then thought better of it.;)

Just wondering if you guys might be developing a stir plate? I have seen temp controlled stir plates by Digital homebrew but they haven't been restocked in ages.
Would be great to have something along these lines

Just wondering if you guys might be developing a stir plate? I have seen temp controlled stir plates by Digital homebrew but they haven't been restocked in ages.
Would be great to have something along these lines
On their website they have listed:
COMPACT ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC STIRRER MACHINE

Product code : KL07061

Availability: Out of stock

$33

https://www.kegland.com.au/compact-adjustable-magnetic-stirrer-machine.html

Must be on the horizon to be instock one day

Hi. Can you supply an empty 6kg CO2 bottle? I would like to purchase one when I'm in Aussie next and bring it back to NZ with my luggage.

Kinda just looks like the keg king one minus the hearing element and flask holder.

Yeah we have decided no to go with the heating element. Previously we had a lot of issues with the heating element burning out then the second issue is the heating element had no temp control so when you use it your flask would heat up to 60-80C and cook your yeast. The element was not hot enough to boil in the flasks and too hot to keep the yeast warm. So we really didnt see any point to having a heating element on the unit.

Yes we really like the kegmenters as well and our staff use them too. I personally dont think they get enough attention. Because kegmenters are made from the tooling to make standard beer kegs they work out to be very efficient to make and therefore very good value. In the near future we will have two kegmenter sizes:

https://www.kegland.com.au/29l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

https://www.kegland.com.au/58l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

These should be in stock at the end of June.

As well as being great fermenters and/or kegs, the Kegmenters are also great as inoculation vessels. So you can fit one of these heating elements in the side (2200 Watt Heating Element) then boil your wort inside the kegmenter while heatingup the whole kegmenter at the same time. Then you might find this handy for making your own sour beers as some of our staff have done in the past.

I should also say that we are going to change the Kegmetners from silicon seal to EPDM seal. The silicon was just a bit too soft and when using the kegmenter at elivated pressures it was hard to get the kegmenters to hold much pressure without the soft silicon seal rollingout of place.

With regards to spunding valves we have been also looking to make a new design. We have just uploaded the PDF for this new design here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Spunding Valve Adjustable Pressure Relief Valve KL06781.pdf
It's a bit difficult to tell in this PDF but we will have graduations on the shaft of this spunding valve to show the set pressure. This is not quite as accurate as a pressure gauge however in the past we used a capiliary type pressure gauge with the spunding valves that we sold and this also doesnt sit well with us. The capiliary type pressure guages are not very sanitary and wort or other stuff can get up into the capiliary tube which is virtually impossible to clean out. So we have been working to make a new type of spunding valve which you can see in the PDF.

Do you think it is a possibility to add a welded thermowell to the kegmentor lid in the future?

Just saw the kegmenter demo video, looks great, will the new design spunding valves be ready when the kegmenters are released (June 5)?

Last edited:
Hi. Can you supply an empty 6kg CO2 bottle? I would like to purchase one when I'm in Aussie next and bring it back to NZ with my luggage.

The empty ones are the same price. So if you purchase an empty one you can just release the gas before you put it into your luggage.

We wanted to make the standard vessels as simple as possible as the most stuff we put on the walls the harder it is to clean and keep sanitary.

We are going to start making some new designs of thermowell in the future and these will be the weldless design and fairly easy to fit.

I want a 60+ litre robobrew but won't buy an exposed element version.
rethink your design or convince me otherwise

Latest posts

Back