Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange, do you think it could be blocked then?:D

YEs this sounds a bit strange. You normally remove the cap from the measuring chamber but leave the cap on the other chamber. It would be unlikely that it's blocked.

You must also check the wadding us under the cap on the large chamber so this seals. It sounds like the large chamber cap is not sealing for some reason.

Strange, do you think it could be blocked then?:D[/QUOTE
YEs this sounds a bit strange. You normally remove the cap from the measuring chamber but leave the cap on the other chamber. It would be unlikely that it's blocked.

You must also check the wadding us under the cap on the large chamber so this seals. It sounds like the large chamber cap is not sealing for some reason.
Hi that is what i have done. I have had plenty of other containers before so i know how they work i would say in manufacturing this container plastic in the tube at the bottom is blocked

Hi that is what i have done. I have had plenty of other containers before so i know how they work i would say in manufacturing this container plastic in the tube at the bottom is blocked
From your picture it looks like the side tube is completely empty yet there is sanitiser up in the measuring chamber so the side tube must have been ok or at least not completely blocked at some stage.

Is it possible that a piece of the vac seal cap or something dropped in when you first opened the bottle?

If you remove both caps the sanitiser should flow up the side tube and reach the same level as in the bottle. It does look like your tube could be blocked at the bottom.

Try removing both caps and blowing very gently to create pressure in the measuring side and see if it dislodges anything and air bubbles up in the bottle.

Its also a good idea to keep the fan on all the time.

Without the font fan on you will get a large temperature gradient between the back of the fridge and the front of the fridge. As a result the back will be several degrees colder but the gap between the kegs and the door of the fridge will be several degrees higher. This means to get your desiered temp for the kegs the chill plate at the back has to get signficantly colder. Using the font fan means you will get a more even temp in the fridge which is why we recommend to use the fan all the time.

You will notice that when you use the fan you can increase the temp of the fridge by about 2 degrees and your actual keg temperature will be similar when compared to not using the fan.

Thanks. I've upped the temperature a couple of degrees and left the fan on. Will see how we go this weekend.

Doesn't appear to be working anymore... Oh well.

Other question, do you sell spare parts for the MKII temperature controller? I've got one without any retaining clips or temp probe, was going to bin it, but thought I'd check if I could salvage it first...
You have to add the 5 hop socks to your cart with whatever else you are purchasing, then apply the code.
Still looks to be working to me.

It is clearly blocked very frustrating

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180523-113904.png
    Screenshot_20180523-113904.png
    932 KB · Views: 319
If gently blowing through the measuring side didn't dislodge the blockage you could empty the sanitiser into a clean container and give the empty bottle a blast with compressed air or co2.

If gently blowing through the measuring side didn't dislodge the blockage you could empty the sanitiser into a clean container and give the empty bottle a blast with compressed air or co2.
actually if you have a carb cap handy, just remove both lids put carb cap on the measure side, hit with say 15psi of co2 (be ready to kill the co2 right quick though).

G
Just an FYI: On page 3 you have the volume of the 29l kegmenter, everything else looks correct.

Great. thanks for letting us know about that. We have just fixed that up. We really appreciate you pointing that out.

I purchased a spunding valve from Trong at KIG.it and it’s excellent quality haven’t seen anything better in AUS.. Ships from the US really fast.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/282902695047

We do have access to spunding valves at the moment and we have considered stocking them however it's important to remember that spunding valves that fit to your fermenter are in a position where they will veyr likely get krausen into the spunding valve. For this reason its important that you get a spounding valve that can be cleaned out.

Spunding valves are often manfuactured with cheap pressure guages designed for clean gas. These generally have a capiliary type tube inside and when krausen works its way into this tube it's impossible to clean out and it will eventually effec the accuracy of your gauge.

The reason we dont have the spunding valve in stock is because we are working on a new more sanitary design.

actually if you have a carb cap handy, just remove both lids put carb cap on the measure side, hit with say 15psi of co2 (be ready to kill the co2 right quick though).
I don’t think a carb cap will fit the bottle. I had thought of that before posting above and tried a carb cap on an old sanitiser bottle. The new bottles may be different though.

I don’t think a carb cap will fit the bottle. I had thought of that before posting above and tried a carb cap on an old sanitiser bottle. The new bottles may be different though.
I know starsan uses the same thread/ bottle cap as pet bottle.

I wouldn't be blowing anything in to a bottle of acid. I would take it back to the retailer for a refund or tip it into another bottle. It seems blocked to me and looks like a flaw in the blow moulding. The tube is probably blocked by webbing and judging by the quality of the bottle (I have 2) I wouldn't be surprised. I am not knocking the quality, it is fit for purpose just saying qc is lax.

Attached is an image of mild webbing, it could easily block the tube
IMG_20180523_145548.jpeg

Latest posts

Back