Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used hairbands from the chickies.

Works quite well and looks discreet....

kegtaps2.jpg

Finally finished my bar recently, got a lucky 7 font from Andale on special(doesn't mean cheap) and the taps off a mate on special(means very cheap). Got a chesty underneath that'll take 6 cornies. One gas regulator with 5 of those john guest t piece valves linked together. Works pretty well. The drip tray drains to a big ass bottle that stinks if I don't empty it regularly and even worse when it over flows. Base is just MDF with a black 2-pack finish. Got a 3" round stainless footrail to finish scotch brighting then that will finish her off nicely

View attachment 50362

View attachment 50363

Cheers

NDH

That looks shmick as mate! I have a similar style bar, but cheaped out because I'm a tightarse.... ;)

Pics shortly!

Cheers

Check where the cable comes out from the bottom of the freezer PF, I took the back plate off mine and managed to liberate enough cable to add on a 245mm hardwood collar.
Razz, you are freakin' awesome!

I'm half way thru a F&P 215 chesty conversion....I've made a 120mm high collar and then realised that the cable was not going to stretch. I was about an hour away from just cutting it - thinking, 'I don't really need a light anyway!!!" and then I just happened to read this thread....glad I did.

Took your advice, liberated some some unaccounted for 'internal length' and hey presto, problem solved.

If only I could liberate some internal length in other areas!

Cheers mate

Molly

Heres a Snapshot of my bar, still work in progress.. Leat the beer is flowing :D

bar.jpg

Eventually I'll pinch the P'Touch from work and make some nice little labels for the taps and disconnects. This thing has been such a long work in progress, it was sat there in primer for about 6 months! Didn't help that it was functional.

I have put bleach in the slops bucket to try and neutralise it, it works reasonably well but eventually it will start to go nasty.

Same thing happens to me when my mates are over... it's why i hide the chalk now.

pack o c*nts :rolleyes:
Is your setup on the porch? You ever hear of a French well?

bury a bucket upside down full of crushed rock and make a hole just big enough for your hose to fit inside. You could silicone it in if needed. Run some extra water to clean it

Good Afternoon Gents!

Look what I haven't screwed up yet.

My kegging skills are still lacking. From what I have read, if I just leave it at serving pressure and wait a week, it will be fine.

The low press gauge doesn't seem to move. Hints?

1126111912.jpg

1126111915.jpg

1126111916.jpg

1126111918.jpg

so the low pressure is stuck on 0 or it doesnt move from where you set it?? It shouldnt move when you have set it well maybe flicker when it kicks in and out but even with a new keg it will always stay the same.

Yep just leave at serving pressure for a week is the best option but you can force carb there are a few methods. Or if you want it to carb faster connect a beer out d/c to the regulator and do it that way and shake/move the wort around for about 15mins or so it will pour a beer but if left for another day or so at serving it should come good. I found with quick carbing (force and the one I explained) is that its carbonated but will not hold a head very well. after a few days that settles

Jeez, that's a very nice set up, good job :icon_cheers:
Now that I have a single flavor. I want to do a dual regulator set-up for root beer.

I want to move the CO2 outside of the fridge.

Should I extend the high press line from the tank to regs inside the fridge or extend several low press lines and leave the regs outside?

Surely Regs attached to the bottle outside the fridge is the way to go, with lines heading into the fridge. Leaves more space for kegs inside the fridge.

Now that I have a single flavor. I want to do a dual regulator set-up for root beer.

I want to move the CO2 outside of the fridge.

Should I extend the high press line from the tank to regs inside the fridge or extend several low press lines and leave the regs outside?

High pressure line? I don't think that's really an option.

If you want to run at two different pressures, I think you'll need a dual pressure regulator (or a kit to convert yours into one), or a "secondary regulator" to drop from the higher serving pressure as set by the first reg to the second, lower one.

But do you really need two different serving pressures? I don't think either of the above options is cheap, but a (low pressure) gas line splitter or even manifold won't set you back too much.

Back