Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not perfect, but if you get line splitters with an on/off valve you can get very close to the dual reg thing. It's a bit fiddley though. Just pressurise each keg to what you want, with the others switched off. After you've had a few pints from one, apply the correct pressure for THAT keg again. Just make sure you have the other lines switched off when you are doing this. Not ideal as you have to be careful with having things switched off and have to reapply pressure after dispensing a few beers but it can work.

I managed to keep my hefe more carbed than the other beers on tap from doing this. I got lazy with it and I didn't care after that. I'm pretty ok with having the same carbonation for all my beers...

I went to the local home blg ctr. and camped in the brass fittings aisle for over an hour. For under $30 I was able to connect a daisy chain of 3 regulators. I need to go back and re-teflon tape a couple joints. otherwise I'm good to go.

cheers!

bob

1129111407.jpg

1129111720.jpg

Is your setup on the porch? You ever hear of a French well?

bury a bucket upside down full of crushed rock and make a hole just big enough for your hose to fit inside. You could silicone it in if needed. Run some extra water to clean it
errrm?? what are you on about?? :blink:

Yeah wtf?
The setup is on the back verandah, which 1m off the ground. I'm not sure about the relevance of a French Well though.

dcfc14ae7b139fe89e7668c3c102b164.jpg

errrm?? what are you on about?? :blink:
I was asking if your setup was outside. if so...

plumb your drip tray to a drainage pit. no nasty stinky bucket anymore.

I apologize for my lack of dot connecting info.

And BTW a Veranda in the states is a short lady that smokes too much and sells bingo cards at the Veterans Club.

Porch, patio, deck

cheers

haha I'm glad we cleared that up.

I have no drip tray, and just hose down the verandah (deck) once my thongs (flip flops) start sticking to it :)

Hey Guys, thought I'd post my setups.

The first is now my shed fridge, which was my first fridge and my true love

The second is the mobile setup, 2 bags ice lasts for around 20 hours

Third is the Patio setup, great for entertaining people with different palets when you have a variety on tap

Shed.jpg
">

Mobile.jpg

House.jpg

Should I extend the high press line from the tank to regs inside the fridge or extend several low press lines and leave the regs outside?
your HP line is your "dangerous" line. You want as few fittings and line length in this as possible.

Attach your regulator to your bottle unless you have a "really" good reason why you can't.

Really? It looks like it'd fit a lot more in that pic.

I was really keen to get something that would hold 6 - 8 kegs, but it was a massive jump in price, couldn't justify it. Plus going any more taps was gunna kill me on cost. I've come to terms with it and the extra room means you can swap kegs out no dramas.
4 is good number of choices, stops me being too piggy

I was really keen to get something that would hold 6 - 8 kegs, but it was a massive jump in price, couldn't justify it. Plus going any more taps was gunna kill me on cost. I've come to terms with it and the extra room means you can swap kegs out no dramas.

BennyH,
How much was the fridge, if you dont mind asking?

Tony

I only got 2 and thats annoying, It is bearable if you plan ahead and have a brew ready to force carb and only try to drink 1 keg at a time. 4 would be ideal 2 pouring 2 carbing.

BennyH,
How much was the fridge, if you dont mind asking?

Tony

Pretty I got the fridge for 550 from a wholesale mob in Melbourne. Had to do a couple of Refridgeration retro's, but I had the parts already. The regs are cheapos I got from the states, just so I could get the pour spot on, I think maybe $150-160 when the dollar was good.
Works week, really happy with it

I only got 2 and thats annoying, It is bearable if you plan ahead and have a brew ready to force carb and only try to drink 1 keg at a time. 4 would be ideal 2 pouring 2 carbing.

Yeah, I had 2 to start with a it drove me mental. Got 7 now (collected over a couple of years). Let's me have a couple sit in the corner. I was away with work for 3 months at he start of the year. When I got home, there were 2 kegs that had been sitting for 5 months, crystal clear, good head, good carb, great taste.

But you could cram more in if you really wanted to?

Back