Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after seeing the last couple in this thread had to change my pants before posting my feeble effort :eek:

Mate gave me the fridge and the rest cost me $250 all up, thats everything you see in the pics, kegs, reg, lines, clamps, font, tap, soda adapter, and incidentals. Bought from various suppliers. I also have a pluto gun that i connect to the coke keg (Rheem - frontmost) but it is currently carbing, and another tap on the way.

20111219_021033.jpg

20111219_021149.jpg

20111219_021237.jpg

20111219_021135.jpg

Does the job! Not bad for a pauper i reckon.

The fridge is all done. I am assembling a basement pub. My wife and I had a great one in our old house with a fireplace. No kegerator though. I still need to plumb a drip tray and make a cabinet door to hide the gas.
The fridge was $35,
silver hammered finish paint $17,
cabinets were waiting to be used since 1996 when we built the house.
countertop I pulled out of a tip bin (dumpster?) and cut it to size.
3 Kegs were $90,
gas tank and all my regulators, shanks, faucets $100,
brass fittings $27,
tubing and hardware $20
----------------------------
Total $289

1212112023.jpg

1212112017.jpg

1212112019.jpg

looks interesting, cant wait to see the finished pics of ur basement pub :beer:

looks interesting, cant wait to see the finished pics of ur basement pub :beer:
neither can I :rolleyes:

Cheers and thanks to all you folks who have made comments and lent advice

Merry Christmas...Frhliche Weihnachten

Bob

Yeah i have 6 kegs in the fridge, and i have wrapped together all the beer lines and glycol lines inside some foam insulation material.

Can you please outline what fittings to use to fit a regulator to these new sodastream cylinders like you've done here? All the info I can find seem to relate to the older small cylinders.

Yeah i have 6 kegs in the fridge, and i have wrapped together all the beer lines and glycol lines inside some foam insulation material.
Where is the glycol being stored or do you have a glycol chiller in the cabinet? Looks awesome.

Do you mind elaborating on your setup?
I'm pretty much headed down the same path.
Cheers

Gas bottle under the timber, 6 kegs in the fridge, gas manifold in the fridge, 20L bucket in the freezer with a pond pump submerged, I wrapped the beer lines and glycol up in foam insulation through the wall of the fridge... Not really sure what else to say, I will try and post a pic

Belgian Red, Pilsner, ESB, Irish Red, APA and a Brown Ale, with 2 more kegs in another fridge... Pale ale and an amber ale :)

Latest posts

Back