Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice and neat work, excellent photography, and how bright is your esb !

highly commendable :icon_cheers:

Finally got some pics of my setup

Keg1-1.png

Under the hood. Blue LED case fans make it look futuristic! STC-1000 stuck on the side with velcro.

IMG_0039.jpg

IPA, Galaxy APA, AIPA and an ESB.

IMG_7385.jpg

Be careful Brad. Most modern fridges have coils through the walls, and a covered plate on the back.....

Cheers

Hi Guys,
Finally got around to setting this up just in time for my engagement party. It was actually the missus's suggestion too. Helps that my best man is a tool maker with a CNC machine, so he turned the handles and made the blackboard.
I had 6 full kegs disappear at my engagement party, was a good night.
unfortunately i didn't get around to taking a photo with the beers lined up, bloody spewin about that.

IMG_1867.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1871.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

I think we may just have found another future case swap location! :p B)

Very nice setup A3k!!!

Did you install this for security reasons?
If you do get any intruders in your yard, it's highly likely they won't make it past the shed.
Awesome mate,
Cheers

Cheers guys,

I think we may just have found another future case swap location! :p B)

Very nice setup A3k!!!
may have to put my hand up one day. Need to actually make one first i reckon. I seem to keep missing them.
I'm leaving to South America on saturday for 6 weeks, so looks like i may miss the next one too.

Awesome, would love to see what's on the other side of the shed.
Cheers,
some photos below of the other side of the shed. fairly standard keg fridge. may as well include the newish unfinished brewstand.
The shanks/hose go through some tubs. When i'm having a party or something, i can put ice in there. Probalby not essential, but i was worried about it getting warm, and it was easy enough to do.

Did you install this for security reasons?
If you do get any intruders in your yard, it's highly likely they won't make it past the shed.
Awesome mate,
Cheers
hehe Nice. having images of waking up in the morning and finding an oldschool burglar with a black sack full of stolen gear passed out on my lawn.

Cheers,
Alan

burglar.gif

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

Ah yep I see. You'd probably be better off just insulating the lines I reckon. The ice could be handy if it can keep the tap shanks cold though. Ice wouldn't last long.

Or you could pump some glycol from the freezer into a tank surrounding the tap shanks/line and then back into the freezer.

Yeah, i had all the same thoughts mark.
the ice seemed to last a while. obviously not a good long term solution as it needs replacing all the time.
there were no issues with pouring on Sat night, but it was being used constantly.

it's probably not really needed though as there's only about 6inches of beer line exposed. I'll see how it goes after using it for a while without the ice.

i also thought about somehow building something that circulates cold air around the shanks as i wouldn't need to worry about sealing or stagnent water as much. Again though, will depend on how it goes in the future.

Yeah fair enough, no use fixing something that isn't broken.

I reckon some insulation around the lines/tap shanks would help at least somewhat though. But I guess it's summer at the moment so if it's not an issue now then it's just not an issue.

Nice work A3k

That's quite a pot you've got there. I was checking out one at CB on Saturday that was about that size, how big is that pot and much do you plan to turn out per batch?

Hi Logman,
the pot is 120Lt Aluminium. i managed to find it for $90 at the Hills Celarance centre in adelaide.

it was bigger than i needed, but too good to pass up.

When i first got it, i started making 75lt batches, but decided that i didn't really want 3 kegs of the same batch all the time, and mashing that much in a converted keg is a bit painful.
Now days i do double brews with a mate & occasionally tripples if i want more.

it's great that i have the flexibility though.

Tarting up that wall would be a good project.

I did it to a blank garage wall when i built my pergola area. Just screw an rhs or wooden frame to the wall and you have something to attach too.

pergolabbq2.jpg

pergolabbq5.jpg

pergolabbq8.jpg

It looks a bit different now with a stainless bbq and a 50l keg spit oven, but the idea is to make the blank tin into something more inviting.

Tarting up that wall would be a good project.

I did it to a blank garage wall when i built my pergola area. Just screw an rhs or wooden frame to the wall and you have something to attach too.

View attachment 51898

View attachment 51899

View attachment 51900

It looks a bit different now with a stainless bbq and a 50l keg spit oven, but the idea is to make the blank tin into something more inviting.

Punkin, that looks awesome mate.

Got the taps on my first kegging set up. Just need a CO2 bottle and i'm ready to roll. And a drip tray. Also i find the taps are not very secure, how ever i've tightened the nut at the back of the shank quite tight. the taps still move in anti clock wise and clockwise direction quite easily. also the tap handle feels a bit loose too. will have to do some fiddling around.

8e3a6ddd.jpg

Apologies for the poor phone pic, these were plastic beer kegs I saw at keg king, springvale today. The small one on the left - 20, the next one 25 and it's bigger 52L keg dimensions cousin out of view was 30 or 35 I think. They take regular keg couplers.

I mean, for 20-25 bux, this is cheaper than a garden sprayer keg!
Absolutely loved their shop and the service was fantastic.

Apologies for the poor phone pic, these were plastic beer kegs I saw at keg king, springvale today. The small one on the left - 20, the next one 25 and it's bigger 52L keg dimensions cousin out of view was 30 or 35 I think. They take regular keg couplers.

I mean, for 20-25 bux, this is cheaper than a garden sprayer keg!
Absolutely loved their shop and the service was fantastic.

first i have heard of this place, can i have some more information please?

Back