Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you could cram more in if you really wanted to?

Tried, but the centre support where the doors seal on to fouls <_<

May have done things a little differently next time, but hey, every bloke needs a project :drinks:

I only got 2 and thats annoying, It is bearable if you plan ahead and have a brew ready to force carb and only try to drink 1 keg at a time. 4 would be ideal 2 pouring 2 carbing.

I think you mean four pouring ;)

(trust me on that ;))

Tried, but the centre support where the doors seal on to fouls <_<

May have done things a little differently next time, but hey, every bloke needs a project :drinks:

Ahh okay, looks like a sweet setup anyway.

This is mine now.

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

Going to paint the plywood gloss black, the shelf will be stained and I'll be putting a blackboard above the taps.

Will be replacing the two cheapo flow controller taps with 4 Perlicks, stainless shanks and flow controllers.

Gas bottle will soon be outside the fridge too allowing 5 kegs inside with manifold.

well, its been 6 months in the making, and countless hours of negotiation with the mrs, but its all been worth it, now got beer in the kitchen just in time for xmas

andale kalgoorlie font with 4 floryte taps
IMG_3502.JPG

undermounted drip tray with stone insert, plumbed out
IMG_3521.JPG

chest freezer in the basement, 4 lines go upstairs and 2 taps through the collar
IMG_3509.JPG

under the bonnet, glycol in and joins the beer lines to the font, got a little fan in there
IMG_3518.JPG

glycol chiller keeping the font nice and frosty
IMG_3520.JPG

well, its been 6 months in the making, and countless hours of negotiation with the mrs, but its all been worth it, now got beer in the kitchen just in time for xmas

View attachment 50807

View attachment 50811
While the frosted font looks pretty, I can't help thinking you'd be killing all the flavour in your beer by serving it that cold.

While the frosted font looks pretty, I can't help thinking you'd be killing all the flavour in your beer by serving it that cold.

works well with the VB clones ;)

i wouldnt say 'killing' the flavour coz it tends to come back to life if you let it warm a little, plus there is only about 50ml of beer in the line that sits at subzero temps, the rest of it is in the keg sitting at whatever temp i dial in

works well with the VB clones ;)
:lol:
i wouldnt say 'killing' the flavour coz it tends to come back to life if you let it warm a little, plus there is only about 50ml of beer in the line that sits at subzero temps, the rest of it is in the keg sitting at whatever temp i dial in
That's true and the frosting is pretty.

Awesome setup!

(Tiling looks a little loose and not sure the wallpaper matches the font though...) ;) :p

Awesome setup!

(Tiling looks a little loose and not sure the wallpaper matches the font though...) ;) :p

those bloody tiles are handmade, could have got the same result and saved $ using normal tiles and a bodgie tradesman (maybe PJ)

View attachment 50807

View attachment 50811

chest freezer in the basement, 4 lines go upstairs and 2 taps through the collar
View attachment 50808

under the bonnet, glycol in and joins the beer lines to the font, got a little fan in there
View attachment 50809

glycol chiller keeping the font nice and frosty
View attachment 50810

You DO NOT **** around hey mate!

Days in total hours of drooling over your brew rig build thread and now this..... Unbelievable.

Looks like all brand spanking kegs too.

I don't know what scratchy you won but grats! ;)

Soo awesome... do it well, do it once aye!

:icon_cheers:

Got my manifold all set up.
Nice solid unit, taps and NRV on each line.
2 small problems:
Made in USA, for their oversize beer / gas lines. While some here have been able to get out 6mm ID lines onto the 8mm barbs, I could not. Luckily, Lancer industries (no affiliation etc) have SS 6mm to 8mm barbed adaptors. Easy fixed!
Other problem, too tight a fit for inside my keezer. If installed internally, I would have to remove 2 kegs to get 1 out.
Simple solution - mount the bugger externally. Didn't bother screwing it onto the collat, just drilled 4 holes and jamed the 8mm ID line into them. Good fit, also I don't have to open the lid to open or close off individual taps.

Manifold.jpg

Back