Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job Spork. I'm sure you will appreciate the beer more in December and you will have all the more at Xmas to get rid of ;)

Have you thought about making a small wooden trolley on wheels?... that would save you mucking around with the other trolley.

After a couple of days, my brand new old keezer got a mercy killing. It just wasn't up to the job.

So after the investment already made the only apparent solution was to throw money at it.

$600 later i had a new 300l ebay freezer complete with built in controller perfect for keezering.

A nice rosewood stain to the new collar, and a bit of redrilling had the cupboard attached, manifold in, tap from through the wall to the outdoor entertaining area back in and the dual regulator gas bottle back in the cupboard.

I left out the second manifold this time leaving my highpressure line in the cupboard for force carb rolling.

Missus is happy and looking for a sideboard liquor cabinet :)

Some piccies...

kegfridge11.jpg

kegfridge12.jpg

kegfridge13.jpg

kegfridge14.jpg

kegfridge15.jpg

Nice job Spork. I'm sure you will appreciate the beer more in December and you will have all the more at Xmas to get rid of ;)

Have you thought about making a small wooden trolley on wheels?... that would save you mucking around with the other trolley.

Well, I may have top do a couple of "test pours" before December, and of course taste to check carbonation is right...
Don't know about a trolley. Would need decent size wheels to move it over carpet, which would add a fair bit of height. Also, with 4 full jegs, or 3 and gas, it would weigh more than I do... Would need to be a soild trolley! Think I'll stick to dolly trolley as required, and moving it empty.

Heres a better pic: It's about 2m from my computer chair. :)
IMAG0193.jpg

I also added an old PC fan. It runs off an old 'phone charger, and comes on then the cooling does. Seems to even out the temperature between top and bottom a lot better

Digging your setup there Spork.... out of the world.

I have a question in general though, my freezer has a cable going to the lid, powering the light inside... I want to add a collar so that I can install a tap or two in it + relocate the gas bottle outside the freezer without needing to drill through the walls/lid.

This cable going to the lid is pissing me off, there is not any slack in it that I can use to raise the lid above the collar.

Its a F&P 215 Ltr that I got for 429 bucks, brand new. Is there any way I can manage to install a collar on this without voiding the warranty?

My F&P 215L had enough cable inside that I was able to just disconnect it, install the collar, then reconnect it. The wires are connected with spade lugs so it's not difficult.

Digging your setup there Spork.... out of the world.

I have a question in general though, my freezer has a cable going to the lid, powering the light inside... I want to add a collar so that I can install a tap or two in it + relocate the gas bottle outside the freezer without needing to drill through the walls/lid.

This cable going to the lid is pissing me off, there is not any slack in it that I can use to raise the lid above the collar.

Its a F&P 215 Ltr that I got for 429 bucks, brand new. Is there any way I can manage to install a collar on this without voiding the warranty?
Check where the cable comes out from the bottom of the freezer PF, I took the back plate off mine and managed to liberate enough cable to add on a 245mm hardwood collar.

Thanks guys, I'll be looking for that now. Back plate, roger.

I spy with my little eye, 2$ drip trays :)

I got 2. :)
Thought I might try to do a cutout on one to fit my font, and have one spare. Don't have tools to even attempt the cut-out, so now I have a spare one.

Picked up a 502L fridge last week and today I converted it as seen below...
Theres 4 corny kegs, 4 taps, a 6kg CO2 bottle, 5way john guest manifold with individual 1-way check valves and a counter pressure bottle filler. And theres still enough room left to cold crash in a willow 25L jerry container. Also ordered a wall mount bottle opener & a white board (for writing whats on tap) to mount on the freezer section!!!
kegerator1.jpg

Picked up a 502L fridge last week and today I converted it as seen below...
Theres 4 corny kegs, 4 taps, a 6kg CO2 bottle, 5way john guest manifold with individual 1-way check valves and a counter pressure bottle filler. And theres still enough room left to cold crash in a willow 25L jerry container. Also ordered a wall mount bottle opener & a white board (for writing whats on tap) to mount on the freezer section!!!
kegerator1.jpg

FARKING BRUTAL mate, good work! love the idea of a fitted CPF....

I hope you never get longer tap handles and use the freezer a lot :p - happened to me is all....

I love this thread... makes me all hard on the outside.... :eek:

I am using soda streams to dispense now. Can confirm the f&p h275x fits 6 kegs on the floor for me too. And a 9l on the hump and a ss bottle with reg on the hump too on a slight angle. Great freezer for keg purposes.

Nice work Evil Spirits. I picked myself up a 500L Kelvinator the other day. Going to use it as a brew fridge though. Well done :icon_chickcheers:

I won a 350L fridge only last night on Ebay that I planned to use for fermenting.
Recieved a letter 2 minutes after auction ended to say his missus was cleaning it that day and it fell and the door broke off.
I said "No worries I will still take it BUT she had already taken it to the tip apparently. So I asked why wasnt I told earlier but he reckons he didnt have access to the computer (funnt that he did 2 minutes afterwards). Then to top it off I wrote a nasty feedback for him and posted it as positive DERRR!!!

Pretty peed off about it but what can you do???

It sounds like they didn't get the price they wanted for it and are now shafting you. I know if my wife was cleaning one of my fridges and if the door falls off, she certainly wouldn't be taking it to the tip by herself and especially without me knowing!!

Yep, they didnt get the price they wanted for it. We had the same thing happen with a table we won, the guy said they found it broken in storage just after we won the auction, however about two weeks later we saw the same table for sale again.

Latest posts

Back