Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4007.JPG

Nice work jester :icon_cheers:

Not sure bout the rest of the decor though :p

Kegged a beer for the first time today. Can't believe how easy it was to clean the keg and to fill, vent and walk away!

I'm sold. Gotta find a keg fridge pronto.

Those dry hopped galaxy and motueka in the beer will haunt me until I get a pour out of it :p

popped my keg cherry yesterday.
2 kegs with bronco faucets in the fridge, will shout myself a filter & shiny tap for x-mas this year I think.
now, to fill the other two kegs.

Just got my keg set-up built and the first keg in there waiting to be tasted...

Got the fridge free from family, the kegs & gas from mybeershop.com.au and the taps, manifold, handles, regulator and disconnects from JestersDarts on here - Thanks Jack :beer:

Tested the fit and three kegs will fit in the fridge so as I do another couple of brews I'll drill a hole in the side and put the gas outside the fridge...

Plumbed it all up last week and I can't wait for the beer to be ready... :icon_cheers:

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

Got the chair for $100 from Borders when they were having their liquidation scale :lol:

Just got my keg set-up built and the first keg in there waiting to be tasted...

Got the fridge free from family, the kegs & gas from mybeershop.com.au and the taps, manifold, handles, regulator and disconnects from JestersDarts on here - Thanks Jack :beer:

Tested the fit and three kegs will fit in the fridge so as I do another couple of brews I'll drill a hole in the side and put the gas outside the fridge...

Plumbed it all up last week and I can't wait for the beer to be ready... :icon_cheers:

Got the chair for $100 from Borders when they were having their liquidation scale :lol:

sweet taps!!
looks the goods mate - top stuff.

based on the style of "obelisk"
Thanks heaps to my 'co designers' for advice, support and deisgn

Runs two kegs, and fits an extra keg and the gas bottle. All inside and self contained.
Temp controller is gaf taped on the back and tucked away. :D

After initial lack of education regarding setting up the regulator, I now have two beers pouring perfekketly and another carbing up and getting ready.

Didnt lose any fingers or toes, which was a bonus.

Photo0930.jpg

Photo0931.jpg

Nice compact setup there SB. Is the Obelisk going to be brett free? :eek: ;)

Nice compact setup there SB. Is the Obelisk going to be brett free? :eek: ;)
hahah.. you *******.. what a memory you have! :D
yes.. if Im doing stinky beers, and I do have Rosalare blend in the fridge right now, I will bottle them.
Funny... since I was without kegs for a couple of weeks while this was getting built, I started rummaging thru my 'lessor' stocks of bottles.
There is some bretty flanders red that has finally turned good from my Brett period.
:D

Nearly finished my Keezer today.

Bought a cheap 150 litre chest freezer, should be easy to replace if / when needed - just lift off collar and put it on new (cheap 2nd hand) one.

Collar construction:
Collar1.jpg

Fits 4 cornies. Clamps replaced with SS decking screws.
Collar2.jpg

I don't think the little screws that fastened the hinges to the metal freezer will do the trick with the added weight of the font, and screwed into softwood, so I upsized. The local hardware didn't have stainless in the size I wanted, but these are exterior rated galv, and as they are outside the freezer foin into the timber but not exposed on the inside they should be fine.
Hingescrews.jpg

Collar and lid. Lid drilled, both painted (Lid has had a couple more coats, collar still has 1 coat to go).
Collar3.jpg

I made one boo-boo with painting the collar: I used white paint for most of it, and blackboard paint for the front panel. They were the same brand, and I (stupidly) assumed both were water based and didn't bother masking the part to be done with blackboard paint. The blackboard paint, of course, was oil based. Some mess was made and a bad word or 3 uttered, but it will be salvaged with some masking tape and a 2nd coat...
Paintf-up.jpg

The old chesty came up all-right with a wash, a light sand, and a spray can of "refrigerator white".
Keezerpainted.jpg

The Font is now fitted, and the expanding foam expanded. That must be the messiest shit I have ever used. Or maybe it's just me... Luckily, all the mess is on the inside, I may clean it up, I might not bother... Just need 1 more coat of blackboard paint, and drill a hole for the gasline, and it's done! More pic's to follow.

Foam has cured, most of the excess scraped off, and have painted over it. Masked around front (blackboard) panel and gave it a 2nd coat. Came up alright
Keezeropen.jpg

A true thing of beauty! (Well, I think it's lovely). The wife has even given permission for it to come inside the house! The extra effort was worth it. I chose the 150 litre size because, with the help of a dolly, I can easily move it between my study and the BBQ area outside. Mmmm. Putting the BAR back into BARbeque this summer.
Keezer.jpg

As I posted earlier, part of the deal in SWMBO letting me do this was to have "No beer November". :(
I do get to have beers at the Tasmnaian Beerfest in a couple of weeks though...
The Plus side to this is that by December I should have 3-4 kegs all carbed up and ready to go! Already have 2 full, and a batch fermenting. 4 days off next week so will get another one underway, and maybe even fill a cube ready for when the one I made yesterday finishes...

2011_10_05_15_43_39_354.jpgnot quite ready yet, tv to go in and more taps...maybe a premership or two. Bintang sign a gift..promise!

Back