Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Akso now provide a fridge with tap already installed.
Not sure if it is avail in Australia though. Would be ideal for those that could handle only have one beer on tap at a time (and then only 5 litres :p )

Doc

My Missus purchased my setup for my 40th Birthday - nice to know she loves me and supports my hobbie
Kegerator.JPG Retail aroun $1400 - $1600 with Gas Bottle 3 Kegs and all fittings - Picked it up on Ebay for less than 1k, working away from home has never been harder

who from ebay did you get it from?? really considering going this way now to save space instead of having a big chest freezer

That looks like a kegmate available from a couple of the forum sponsors above. I'm personally looking at one too since my chest freezer (back in this thread somewhere) has karked it.

That looks like a kegmate available from a couple of the forum sponsors above. I'm personally looking at one too since my chest freezer (back in this thread somewhere) has karked it.
I recently bought one from Rosco ( AKA Little Creatures - since Brisbane Extra :lol: )

I am really happy with it. It is a very slick professional looking setup and the 3 micromatic taps are much easier to pour from for the great unwashed than the swing taps on my home made Kegerator. Visualise beer icecream all over the walls, drip tray, floor and fridge. :eek:

It fits 3 corny kegs in it......and I like the idea of being able to chuck a commercial beer keg in there if needs be.

Cheers,

PB

Hi Sumo,

It's a Soda Stream Adaptor, from here.

Cheers,

Wally

Thanks Wally, I thought you had put it together! I bought the smaller one and regret it now after loosing a couple of bottles!

who from ebay did you get it from?? really considering going this way now to save space instead of having a big chest freezer

I picked it up from an Ebay Shop running out of Melbourne - just the fridge with taps, regulator and lines cost 495 + postage, picked up the gas cylinder from the same person, Kegs came from WA and the cornelius fittings came from local HB shop

heres my lil setup...what can i say, it gets beer cold :)

* incase your wondering i have a temp controller on the fridge because the fridge just seems to freeze everything in it on its own.

med_gallery_10325_462_831804.jpg

This is a great tread; here are some pic's of my keg set up .cheers

And some more pic's, These pic's are during the build.

Keg_Fridge_006.jpg

Keg_Fridge_002.jpg

Keg_Fridge_003.jpg

I have been trying to decide if I should do the white paint or wood look when I do my kegerator but didn't know what it would look like, if I can get mine as half as good as yours Gregs I would be stoked!!
How did you do the recess behind the taps and the recess around the top for the basket to sit in?

:icon_cheers:
Eric

How did you do the recess behind the taps and the recess around the top for the basket to sit in?

:icon_cheers:
Eric

At a guess I would say that it was done by a router, correct me if I'm wrong Gregs.

Also what chest freezer did you use Gregs, and how many cornies can you fit?

Farside.

At a guess I would say that it was done by a router, correct me if I'm wrong Gregs.

Also what chest freezer did you use Gregs, and how many cornies can you fit?

Farside.
I can see that the fron tand rear of the taps is more than likely a router, wish I had one!! Can't tell about the top where the lid comes down though, looks like the wood is slightly thinner with a kind of lip sitting on top of thicker wood. If you get my drift.

It's an F & P freezer, slimeline I think as mine is the same. Also looks the same size as mine, which is 215 litres. It would fit six cornies if I had a sweet looking collar like that!

To all who are interested this collar was built useing a standard Makita circular saw and router. The timber size used was 175mm x 70mm the thickness of material (70mm) was to match the wall thickness of the freezer and the hight (175mm) was used so the original baskets could be used, this leaves enough room underneath them to house your kegs with the lines attached. The bottom of the coller is recessed or checked out with the circular saw( I'm not a builder "terminology") to fit the top of the freezer opening so as to have a flush finnish on the inside. The top was also checked out to accept the origonal baskets; perfect place to mount a fan. The rebate for the taps was done with the router; measure your rebate size, (length and width) needed for your taps then measure the distance from the centre of your router too the out side edge of the router base and add that measurement to the length and width measurements of the rebate size. With these measurements make a rectangle frame from scrap timber (internal frame measurements only) and firmly clamp the frame into position so it can not move. Put the router in the centre of the frame and set the depth so as to take small amounts at a time,this only allows the router bit to travel over the area needed. I used Celi taps, the shanks are quite short and the router depth bottomed out and wasn't deep enough so I also rebated the front side of the taps as well. All rebates where done prior to screwing together, the screws are counter sunk deeply and the holes are pluged with stainless round bar.

Keg_Fridge_006.jpg

Keg_Fridge_002.jpg

Latest posts

Back