Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep and eye on ebay Shaun, you may have to wait a little while but there come up fairly often. Oh you'll save a bundle as well ;)

Batz said:
Keep and eye on ebay Shaun, you may have to wait a little while but there come up fairly often. Oh you'll save a bundle as well ;)
Cheers Batz Man...

There was a member here from Canberra who sold a lot of second hand stuff like this. I can't remember who he was, perhaps someone else may know.

Batz

From plastic to Perlicks. From Cheeky Peak Brewery. Thanks to Nugget81 for the heads up.

med_gallery_27971_1032_1868084.jpg

med_gallery_27971_1032_2072516.jpg

Batz said:
There was a member here from Canberra who sold a lot of second hand stuff like this. I can't remember who he was, perhaps someone else may know.

Batz
I Believe that would be Dicko ACT?
I got my Lock In shanks and adapters from him
he hasn't been on since the end of August, though and was a bit tough to get a response from when he was online
I'll see if I can dig up his email

temperence said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_0090.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0093.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0095.JPGsome pics of my 8 keg keezer. 5 taps, 5 different beers and 3 reserves being carbonated. (a little bit of food as well)

Great set up! How many litres is this keezer? I'm tossing up between a fridge setup, keezer or a kegerator from cheeky peak brewery but not sure on the size needed (or which is best too).

Ideally I'd like 3-4 x 19L kegs with 3-4 taps on the front with CO2 sitting outside the fridge/freezer/whatever. Any ideas on size of appliances I'd be looking at?

Cheers.

Mall said:
From plastic to Perlicks. From Cheeky Peak Brewery. Thanks to Nugget81 for the heads up.

med_gallery_27971_1032_1868084.jpg

med_gallery_27971_1032_2072516.jpg
Are they worth the $$$$$$$$? Im about to pull the trigger......

GrumpyPaul said:
Picked this nifty fella on the weekend from a fellow AHBer (431neb)...

It looks like a little bit of a mod to the door trim and it will in fact fit 4 kegs in there.

All I need to do is sneak a purchase of a couple more taps past Mrs Grumpy and it becomes a sweet 4 tap thing of beauty.
attachicon.gif
post-25870-0-61789400-1379735263_thumb.jpg

Hold tight folks soon my little single tap bar fridge kegerator will be on the market.
From brewer to brewer it seems we have a line of useful little hand-me-downs...

My first kegging setup (still with bits and bobs to buy), courtesy of GrumpyPaul!

1377958_10201574790505149_967807200_n.jpg

I'm anticipating some foam issues so may have to be a little light handed with the carbonation.

I'm in awe. That is ingenius! Maybe some wetsuit material wrapped around it, some ice and shitloads of salt with the ice. Should see you pouring cold ones for quite a while :)

Fortunately it will be in a fridge until just before we hit off but I expect to be out there a while\searching through trees and scrub especially if I'm playing.....
Wet suit, good idea, was thinking camping mat but wetsuit is probably easier to manoeuvre into the bag and hold ice water.

Evening all,

Long time listener, first time caller. Love a good forum and a great hobby.. Fishin, surfin, camping, shooting, drinking all at the same time. Bit of a foodie and after a summer of kits got introduced to BIAB by a good mate.

Needed a new passion so dived right in, like i do with everything. Took the approach that the easier it is, the more I'm gunna enjoy it and the more I will do it so took my time gettin set up. Already had a nice little bar on the go and no room for keezer or the like so needed a remote set up with lines to bar.

Whacked an old fridge in the next door room in the man cave, soldered up a half inch copper circuit from one fridge to another, glycol cooled from a freezer, beer lines wrapped around it to the font next door on the jump.

Remote font. Have had a few FWK'S through the set up to balance lines and all good. First AG just goin into secondary and dry hoppin this weekend and cookin the second brew.

Thanks for havin me. I'll be poppin up a bit. New to the iPad, would love a tip to get the photos up the right way in a post..p!ssin me off.

Rgds

Linford

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow. Planet Zootonk's orientation may differ but your processes look similar. Nanu Nanu, Linford.

Make sure you add plenty of salt (rock salt ideally) to the ice & water as this lowers the freezing point and will assist in keeping the keg a little bit colder!

Latest posts

Back