Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any advice?

My near new Keg King keggie has stopped cooling. The compressor churns away but the plate on the inside wall will not cool at all.

Anyone have any tips?

Yep, June 2013. Called the guys a KK and as I got it through an Ebay merchant I have to direct queries his way. Problem is he takes many days to reply, email only...

Sorted..The guys at KK replaced the unit with a new one. If you buy from EvilBAy, you are responsible for transport there and back. :blink:

Oooh yeah. New bling bitches!

Super happy. Super shiny.

IMG_1237.jpg

My Kegerator I finished off this afternoon...unfortunately the only keg i had was half full of cider and after tasting it, I'm pretty sure it had gone off.

Oh well happy i have finally finished it, now to brew some beers :)

IMAG0467.jpg

Costing:
Freezer Kelvinator KCM2100W $70
Mash Master Drip Tray $Free (CraftBrewer Promotion)
Andale 3 Way Font $150
3 19L Kegs $120 ($40 ea)
1 9L Keg $70
Regulator, 1.7L & 3.5L Gas Cylinder $80
4 way Gas Splitter with ShutOff Valves $50
Timber & Varnish $40
Metal Trim around freezer $FREE
SCT-1000 $16
Other Misc $50

Total: $511

Man that looks smick! Thanks for the cost breakdown to.

I'm trying to piece together myself a kegerator ever so slowly just picking up bits and pieces for the right price! Looks like you got your regulator/gas cylinders for the right price!!

looking good wood, what taps are those and how much did you pay for them? Taps can often add significant cost (don't tell swmbo)

Cheers jonnir and Edak.
The taps came with the font, I think they are some style of the brumby, as they are built exactly the same except for the style.
They also use the same tap repair kit that the brumby uses.

OzPaleAle said:
Sneaky Keg caddy I am working on for playing golf at a mates bucks party.
That actually might make golf bearable.
Extra points for being ninja too.

After brewing for a few years now, im about to jump into kegging. Here is the start of my kegerator build...more pics to follow...

20131030_150931.jpg

20131029_175321.jpg

20131031_103048-1.jpg

20131031_103021.jpg

maxim0200 said:
nice job on the spray painting, i always find it takes abit of skill and patience to get a good eaven coat.
Yeah I suprised myself. If all goes to plan should be a nice addition to the outdoor area.

wood88 said:
My Kegerator I finished off this afternoon...unfortunately the only keg i had was half full of cider and after tasting it, I'm pretty sure it had gone off.

Oh well happy i have finally finished it, now to brew some beers :)

attachicon.gif
IMAG0467.jpg

Costing:
Freezer Kelvinator KCM2100W $70
Mash Master Drip Tray $Free (CraftBrewer Promotion)
Andale 3 Way Font $150
3 19L Kegs $120 ($40 ea)
1 9L Keg $70
Regulator, 1.7L & 3.5L Gas Cylinder $80
4 way Gas Splitter with ShutOff Valves $50
Timber & Varnish $40
Metal Trim around freezer $FREE
SCT-1000 $16
Other Misc $50

Total: $511
I'm amazed you got your STC for $16 total. Even though mine was only $15 incl p&h it was $30-$40 by the time I finished wiring it. Did the font come with taps, fittings and lines?... how many disconnects do you have?... nice find for a cheap reg and 2 gas bottles for $80. I think you may have factored out a few things though but who cares.... nice job really.

Amber Fluid said:
I'm amazed you got your STC for $16 total. Even though mine was only $15 incl p&h it was $30-$40 by the time I finished wiring it. Did the font come with taps, fittings and lines?... how many disconnects do you have?... nice find for a cheap reg and 2 gas bottles for $80. I think you may have factored out a few things though but who cares.... nice job really.
yep $16 total for the STC for wiring I just used an old electrical lead. (didn't use an enclosure just mounted it at the bottom of the freezer)
Font came with the taps and the $150 included all the repair kits for the taps and FatLocks.
I paid for beer and gas line, clamps and have 7 disconnects (got a few disconnects for free and my dad had a bit or spare beer line left over) So thats how I got to the $50 mark roughly haha
But yer I prob have still missed out on a couple small things but I think at most it would be an extra $50.

Cheers

The stc really should be in a box. It's not legal or safe to have live terminals out like that,

Took it for its maiden journey yesterday, worked a treat, cooled the keg down to ~2C in a fridge then took it out in the morning, it sat in my car until lunch when the golfing part of the day started an it was still nice and cold.
Made sure the carbing level was on the low side just in case, after dragging it for a while without serving for a little while the first pour was a little foamy at first but quickly came good.
On a side note turns out I am not very good at golf.... Although that became less important as the day progressed.

My father in law is looking at putting a commercial font through the top of his keezer, we were both wondering how to fix it to the lid, because the weight is over 5kg, and it's flimsy steel sheet, I suggested a plank underneath the lid but that would look super ghetto haha

Back