Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep same setup here - 4 kegs, 3 taps on the door. one keg with a bronco, usually something I don't want to run out as fast as the others.

I like Cockos idea of using a Pluto on my fourth keg as that's what I used to have on my third keg when I only had two taps.

Plus I like the idea of.."Hey do you like a stout. I will pour you one."

I guess having 3 taps and 4 kegs in the fridge would mean you can easily swap out and empty for a full and not feel the pressure of keeping 4 kegs full all the time. Kinda feel more relaxed about brewing knowing there isn't 8 kegs to keep and eye on.

First I have to actually brew enough to fill four kegs. I usually only brew once a month so by the time I'm ready to fill the fourth I will have another one empty. Might have to increase my brewing schedule.

Truman said:
First I have to actually brew enough to fill four kegs. I usually only brew once a month so by the time I'm ready to fill the fourth I will have another one empty. Might have to increase my brewing schedule.

:icon_offtopic: A couple of 'double brews' or back to backs will sort that out mate - tips:

If you have an immersion element - heat up strike temp IN your MT.. while running your HLT - hot water helps.
The second you have finished sparging, empty your MT and start your next strike water.. mash in during the boil.

You will be most of the way through your boil and half way through your second mash and so on etc blah blah blah....

Clean up the next day - just fill those cubes.

7 hours MAX.

Anyway, back on topic.

:super:

Here is my KK Kegerator, which I recently upgraded from 2 taps to 3 taps.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Mall said:
Hi all, after advice please. My Keg King unit:

http://www.aussiehom...1032_414051.jpg has the standard taps, plastic.

They tend to drip quite a bit so I will replace. If I go with Perlcik 525s, can I replace the collar too? The plastic collar is not durable and having to undo and re-do to fix leaks has burred to holes for the wrench to fit into.
Since I only had the standard 2 tap font, I ended up replacing the lot (font, taps, shanks etc.). I got everything from
www.cheekypeakbrewery.com.au (no affiliate)

Thanks Nugget. Ques: Did the font come pre-assembled, lines attached etc, if so might be worth getting new font to save the hassle of installing the lines..

Hey Mall, nah mine didn't come pre-assemble. I guess give them a call to see what they can do for you. I know they sell an open ended tap tool, which make things pretty painless. I forgot to order one through them, so I was stuck using my standard tap tool which had to be fed over the beer line and into the font to tighten the faucets.

Dan Dan said:
Did you just use black spray paint on that,? Looks awesome.
Yeh mate just a few coats of black gloss, but dried each coat with a heat gun to bake the paint on and speed up the process.

Where is everyone buying the fat locks and all the gear to mount between the perlicks and your font? I realise this probably isn't the forum, but fuked if I can find them, everyone seems sold out. It's ok if you want a shank and barb, but tap to font adapters seem to be like hens teeth..

scon said:
Just the second two shaunous. The adapter shank is included in the adaptor shank & coupling nut.
Cheers Scon.

But still, Fark they be exy, but if that's what they normally go for.
Might even try the local hotel wholesales man, see what he can do.

Cocko said:
So, just a thought - keep the 3 taps full and run a in fridge tap/bronco for the 4th, as a specialty type beer - as in, "Hey, do you like stout? - I will pour you one.." - open door use tap.

2c.
That's my whole kegging setup!

You're not going to want to hear this, but I got 4 of those, with 3 taps and a font for $40 from a local reverse-garbage place. Has made the transition that much easier (not to mention cheaper).

scon said:
You're not going to want to hear this, but I got 4 of those, with 3 taps and a font for $40 from a local reverse-garbage place. Has made the transition that much easier (not to mention cheaper).
Your right, I hate you..... :)

Back