Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I was on night shift last night so going through the maths. I'm looking at over 700 bucks to diy a setup keezer. Considering I was trying to save money,the pre made kegerators are starting to build appeal.

Maybe I'll just get the fridge and bottles and a cheap Pluto to start with.then pimp it up with fonts/taps/manifolds once the boss forgets how much money this has cost me.

Wow, that's good to see the costing. I've been picking bits and pieces up cheap slowly.

To see the costing thou is really good because it makes the decision easier to either go real slow and find things for good prices or just buy a pre made one lol

Yeah slowly picking up bits and pieces is the way to go for sure. Keeping your eyes on the buy and sell of this forum and on ebay and gumtree for bargains, being a member of your local club etc. All good ways of getting cheap stuff.

And building your own is priceless and completely unique, it also costs roughly (give or take a little bit) the same to pimp out a 2 keg freezer as it does a 4 or 6 keg freezer, I've been looking at my 700l freezer with hungry eyes.. One day.. One day.. lol

Imagine the the keezer set up this would make, could have an awesome row of taps along the front.

freezer.JPG

Here it is on evilbay ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Large-Freezer-/161108473162?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Restaurant_Catering_Equipment&hash=item2582d0354a

I can't believe how well that timber came up Scott, it's given me some ideas about actually doing something with my set up, paint, stain timber and add a second font.

that would make the king of keezers mmmyummybeer! Just imagine trying to keep that many kegs full!

cheers again Donske! Can't wait to see and test out the results!

I have finished my recent bar upgrade from a single tap font to a 4 tap flooded font with 4 kegs :D

Before I had the same bar and below was a fermentation fridge and the keg fridge side by side that ran to a single tap.

Here is the new 4 tap system; ( still got to mount the gas manifold )

4 Tap Font and Bar - Front Angle.JPG 4 Tap Font and Bar - Sideview.JPG

4 Tap Font and Taps.JPG 4 Tap Font and Bar - Under the Hood 1.JPG

4 Tap Font and Bar - Under the Hood 2.JPG

Just a little cutie pie!
I unscrewed the U shaped freezer and bent it down to the back.
I need to cut out half an inch on each side of shelf slots/insulation to fit 2 kegs.
Any issues?

IMG_20130918_163720.jpg

just bought a eurotag for $50...
$T2eC16V,!ycFIdTOs-m4BSOlOq8I4Q~~48_20.JPG

It has a somewhat stuffed hinge, but is otherwise perfect. Which suits a Keezer perfectly.

Also bought the STC 1000 last night... Getting closer to the holy grail... next i have to sneak a couple of kegs and regulator into the house without the boss knowing...

leighaus said:

It has a somewhat stuffed hinge, but is otherwise perfect. Which suits a Keezer perfectly.

Also bought the STC 1000 last night... Getting closer to the holy grail... next i have to sneak a couple of kegs and regulator into the house without the boss knowing...
Perfect!
One mans rubbish is another's brewers dream.

Batz

Hey all,
Thought I would add mine to this thread. It is a 3 keg setup and I was able to keep one shelf in the fridge which allows me to my bottled beers and other stuff.
from memory this is what it cost me to setup
Fridge from gumtree - $150 (was only a year old)
3 kegs, 1 tap, regulator - $200
2 new taps - $70
Drip Tray $60
Also had to buy 2 sets of Disconnects and hoses etc
Total was about $600
I am very interested in actually building a keezer as they hold more kegs :)

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

Sorry about the photo's. From my shitty old Iphone 4.

Cheers
Macca

leighaus said:

good form mate! Looks the goods alright. easily fit 4 kegs with a collar at least

chug!chug! said:
Just a little cutie pie!
I unscrewed the U shaped freezer and bent it down to the back.
I need to cut out half an inch on each side of shelf slots/insulation to fit 2 kegs.
Any issues?

attachicon.gif
IMG_20130918_163720.jpg
I did the same thing for my brew fridge, but I find that when I cc it freezes the back and the front doesnt get down to temp very well.

I wanted to play with a few different positions for the cooler, but im scared ill break the piping.

Diggs said:
I did the same thing for my brew fridge, but I find that when I cc it freezes the back and the front doesnt get down to temp very well.

I wanted to play with a few different positions for the cooler, but im scared ill break the piping.
try a pc fan in the fridge.. a bit of air recirculation should help.

printed forms section said:
try a pc fan in the fridge.. a bit of air recirculation should help.
Thanks for the suggestion, although without explicit instructions the chances of electrocuting myself (or someone else for that matter) is quite high.

Latest posts

Back