Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my sauces stay in the pantry, if y'all get sick from what grows in a sauce bottle that's not kept at 4 or below, we'll maybe just give up :). The only thing that really shouldn't live in the fridge is honey, man that sucks when u go to make a honey sandwich and you accidentally put it in the fridge, then the 1 minute sandwich takes 25minutes...

Also, while we're still commenting on mrTbeer's fridge contents:

Tomatos lose a huge amount of flavour when stored in the fridge, and their texture suffers as well. There's a fair chance they've already been refrigerated by whatever shop you bought them from though, and the flavour change is permanent... but they'll still taste better if they're at room temperature, and the texture issue is a gradual one.

Besides, they're a fruit (if you ignore the corrupt american FDA) - put them with the apples!

I keep vegemite in the fridge, and most sauces. If in doubt read the label.
Tomatoe, bbq, soy and relish (worcetershire) stay in the cupboard, all my chinese and chilli sauces stay in the fridge.

The son does call me a freak for the Vegemite thing, they musta changed the label at some stage as it used to say keep refridgerated and now doesn't.
It doesn't change the usabillity of it though.

My fridge is bigger than pantry, that's why Vegemite lives there.

003.JPG008.JPGmy bar and brewroom

I know hate is a very strong word .... but hey I've worked in commercial bars that were as sexy as that

Ed: typo .... yeah typing classes, it's on the list

Hi all just woundering for those of you that have chesties. How hard is it to roll them about with 6 kegs in them? I have my font arriving tomorrow after 6 months of looking and 6 weeks of waiting. In this time I have ran so many bar builds and ideas through my head. I am looking for a build similar to bats but I was looking to have font and drip tray fixed on timber that has been cut from the shelf. So I can still have glasses behind the font. If that makes sense I confuse my self at the best of times. Thanks Jameson

I wouldn't try mate. 6 kegs full would easily be 120kg, plus the freezer. Maybe look at putting the freezer on tracks or something?

Your right NickB only problem is the freezer is 900mm high perfect hight for the bar shelf will have a look on line for a alternative. Wheels or tracks. Hope your keeping good by the way. :)

jameson said:
Your right NickB only problem is the freezer is 900mm high perfect hight for the bar shelf will have a look on line for a alternative. Wheels or tracks. Hope your keeping good by the way. :)
I made a bottom collar for my keezer and screwed on 4 castors. Easy to move it around.

Hey All,

Finally got around to knocking up this jockey box for an upcoming 4x4 trip to the high country.

I used a keg king jockey box kit and a 22L Waeco esky.

Nice and compact for a camping trip. I haven't tried it out yet but I'm hoping it will serve up some cold beer. I might have to test it out this arvo.

Jockey Box.jpg

Jockey Box2.jpg

Cheers,

brewologist said:
I'm hoping it will serve up some cold beer.
I got the same esky with 2 coils 2 taps one inside the other it works a treat

mrTbeer said:
Looks good. Does the keg go in an esky too?
Nah.... the keg stays outside the esky. Ice+ss coil chills the beer to serving temp. Haven't tested it yet but I'm hoping to serve up tasty home brew while camping. I will chill and carb the keg before leaving home.

helles said:
I got the same esky with 2 coils 2 taps one inside the other it works a treat
Good news. Thanks for the info helles. Do you use straight ice or make a slurry? I wasn't sure if packing straight ice in there would freeze the beer line.

Cheers

Edit: please post a pic/link to the two tap rig :)

I fill coil with water first add ice then pour beer
Line did freeze beer once but that was before I used water first
Hasn't happened since

Here's some photos of the keggerator upgrade, I used a piece of huon pine as the facia

steve 331.jpgsteve 328.jpg

Latest posts

Back