Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Perlick 545PC flow control taps today, just in time for Friday night! Still waiting on the last of my QDs, but here's pics of my kegerator. It's a slimline 215L F&P chest freezer...

Picture_001__Large_.jpg

Picture_002__Large_.jpg

Picture_003__Large_.jpg

Picture_004__Large_.jpg

My flow control Perlick arrived today too, unfortunately I miscalculated and still have 4 weeks of aging on my stout before I have anything to pour through it :(

Ha! Small world. Jess used to be my neighbour, now lives about 5 minutes away. Regular beer tasters, and homebrewers as well.

C'mon now jeff, I think technically you don't either any more ;)

C'mon now jeff, I think technically you don't either any more ;)

Wash your mouth out with botulism mate, I have and use both. Do I need to post that pic again?

If I say yes, do I have to see the pic...?

Go on, don't need to ask you twice. You're like Banjo at the Birdees

If I say yes, do I have to see the pic...?

Go on, don't need to ask you twice. You're like Banjo at the Birdees

OK Banjo then.

reseme_002.jpg

There were some naughty birdees here today!

Sorry way off topic, don't worry I'm off to the Kin Kin pub now.

Batz

Keep an ear out for the warnings of the local constabulary.... ;)

After converting half my garage into a man cave/brew room, I have now got a space to brew in peace (yet to be completed)
DSCF3406.JPG

Ebay Chesty with 2 Cellis (thanks Ross) 4 kegs, STC thermostat controller and 240V cooling fan (Ebay $15). Cooling fan kicks in with the temp controllerDSCF3408.JPGDSCF3410.JPG

Baulko Brewery now open for business ;)

Attachments

• DSCF3406.JPG
    DSCF3406.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 51
Not quite complete yet but cub all the timber today. Started with inner collar out of 19mm pine, new bevels on the mitre saw. Next, 45X70s stacked on top of each other to fill the gap between the outer and inner collar, royally screws up bevels on one set, did the other to sit on top as butt joins. Last, outer collar - face of the keezer - 19X190 pine, ran out of patience so it will be butt joins as well.
I'll need to cut recesses into the inner collar to mount the taps, even the 4" shank is coming just short. On the plus side, nothing will jut out inside the freezer.
a449b3a1.jpg

Just a few pics of my keg freezer/keezer/kegerator build in progress.
Did the collar a month or so ago and just built the CO2 lines today.

Untitled by auvortex, on Flickr
The shelf on the side will be where a 4 tap font is going to be mounted. I didn't like the idea of having it on the lid of the freezer, because it would be a pain when opening it. Outside of it will be clad with melomine or something like that so that it doesn't look out of place in the dining area. A lot of work to go yet.

The gas lines need to be secured to the collar, just need some P clips for that. Planning to use the same routing for beerlines, with perlick flow control taps to reduce the need for the beer line length to be perfect.

Gas Lines by auvortex, on Flickr

Gas Lines by auvortex, on Flickr

Gas lines by auvortex, on Flickr

More to come later when the build is done.

Not quite complete yet but cub all the timber today. Started with inner collar out of 19mm pine, new bevels on the mitre saw. Next, 45X70s stacked on top of each other to fill the gap between the outer and inner collar, royally screws up bevels on one set, did the other to sit on top as butt joins. Last, outer collar - face of the keezer - 19X190 pine, ran out of patience so it will be butt joins as well.
I'll need to cut recesses into the inner collar to mount the taps, even the 4" shank is coming just short. On the plus side, nothing will jut out inside the freezer.
a449b3a1.jpg
Almost there.... Still have to fix the face boards at the sides and back, need to make cut outs for the hinges.

041ca72f.jpg

dfdc7996.jpg

Excuse the crappy fone pics.

Just getting started on my keezer. Scored the fridge for free from a family member who had it sitting there for ages doing nothing.

I headed out and grabbed some woods, and got to work cutting them.. straight joint on the inner, the 45 cut on the outside wood. Here it is sitting on the floor semi-setup..

Should come up pretty nice i think! I have already set up the temp regulator, ive got 4 secondary regs here, i have my primary, im waiting on the taps and shanks to turn up, and i have two kegs to start off. Just in need of the lines, clamps and a gas bottle if i havent forgotten anything!

580355_3490548474382_1591595928_2767677_681611994_n.jpg

My Perlick 525SS's arrived and I managed to find an hour on the weekend between wife, kids, footy, jobs, blah blah to whip up a cheap n nasty collar for under $10.

I'm off to the USA this weekend and I can't decide how many taps and hops to buy... 15kg spare luggage.... Freezer has space for 3 more kegs!!

taps.jpg

freezer.jpg

Back