Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking for the stepless stainless tube clamps for my beer line for quite a while, nice to see they have them at 50c each.

The small one on the left - 20, the next one 25 and it's bigger 52L keg dimensions cousin out of view was 30 or 35 I think. They take regular keg couplers.

I mean, for 20-25 bux, this is cheaper than a garden sprayer keg!
... if they had ball or pin lock disconnects. :)

I've been looking for the stepless stainless tube clamps for my beer line for quite a while, nice to see they have them at 50c each.

Hey fraser_john,

I'm about 1.5k's away from them, so if there's something small you wont I can grab it and put it in the post for you as a 100k trip for a 50c item appears a little excessive :)

Matt

... if they had ball or pin lock disconnects. :)
Man... I picked them up and they were lighter than a corny in weight and all plastic insulation built in by the looks of it... No esky to mess with. Coupler is cheap eh?! Also, had a port down the bottom on the side for something, someone should go investigate ;)
PS: guys that haven't been there, bloody cheapest equipment of anywhere I've seen so far. I got myself a falsie finally for 60 bux. Hops sold in 100g packs not the ridiculous 90g gouge packs (sorry all other shops, you are the ones at fault here, even the kiwi shops do 100g packs, 90g is gouging).

Man... I picked them up and they were lighter than a corny in weight and all plastic insulation built in by the looks of it... No esky to mess with. Coupler is cheap eh?! Also, had a port down the bottom on the side for something, someone should go investigate ;)
PS: guys that haven't been there, bloody cheapest equipment of anywhere I've seen so far. I got myself a falsie finally for 60 bux. Hops sold in 100g packs not the ridiculous 90g gouge packs (sorry all other shops, you are the ones at fault here, even the kiwi shops do 100g packs, 90g is gouging).

are those plastic kegs for storing beer or to be used as cleaning tanks for flushing beer lines ?

Hey fraser_john,

I'm about 1.5k's away from them, so if there's something small you wont I can grab it and put it in the post for you as a 100k trip for a 50c item appears a little excessive :)

Matt

I work in the CBD and drive each day, so a detour on the way home should not be too difficult for me :)

Thanks for the grouse offer though, although if you work in the CBD you could grab them for me and we could hook up for a pint and a handover!

I work in the CBD and drive each day, so a detour on the way home should not be too difficult for me :)

Thanks for the grouse offer though, although if you work in the CBD you could grab them for me and we could hook up for a pint and a handover!

I'm rather fortunate, I work around the corner from home as well :)

8e3a6ddd.jpg

Apologies for the poor phone pic, these were plastic beer kegs I saw at keg king, springvale today. The small one on the left - 20, the next one 25 and it's bigger 52L keg dimensions cousin out of view was 30 or 35 I think. They take regular keg couplers.

I mean, for 20-25 bux, this is cheaper than a garden sprayer keg!
Absolutely loved their shop and the service was fantastic.

Are these plastic kegs meant to be disposable? I've never seen them before.

Batz

Nope, thick plastic walls. The top bits unscrew to let you fill it up easily and then use a key coupler by screwing them back on. The kegs had some Chinese writing on them (obviously). Still, for the product and the apparent quality of the product in hand wrt the cost..... Didn't seem like a cheapo item.

The kegs are more along the lines of esky quality, but mean to be pressurised and dispensed from.

need some help with a couple questions about carbonating kegs?
I'm new to keg brewing and have read several tips on carbonating.
#1 So when i fill the keg and lock it and apply 300 presssure of Co2 and Burp it. Do i leave the gas at that for the 48hrs and then turn it off?
when my beer is idle does the gas stay off ?
can i carbonate a 2nd keg and leave it in a cupboard or fridge till i run out of 1st keg? how long will it keep?

need some help with a couple questions about carbonating kegs?
I'm new to keg brewing and have read several tips on carbonating.
#1 So when i fill the keg and lock it and apply 300 presssure of Co2 and Burp it. Do i leave the gas at that for the 48hrs and then turn it off?
when my beer is idle does the gas stay off ?

You should only leave it at 300kpa for 24-30 hrs. 48 hrs will over-carbonate.

I'm assuming you crash chilled your ferementer and thus kegged cold.

Then you dial your regulator to your dispense pressure, which in an ideal world, where you have balanced your kegging system is the same pressure needed to keep your beer carbonated at the right level.

can i carbonate a 2nd keg and leave it in a cupboard or fridge till i run out of 1st keg? how long will it keep?

Yes. It will not keep as well as if it had been kept in a fridge.

How long would you keep a bottle of beer for?

A quick Polyurathane mono metalic spray job yesterday.

Jamies_iphone_046.JPG

Running out of bottled-beer 'inspired' me to complete the setup of my beer fridge:
beerfridge1.jpg

It's nothing special but it does the job well - and didn't cost too much to setup.
beerfridge2.jpg

Fridge was free (next-door neighbors curbside-reject). Driptray 1 ebay. TempController $20 ebay-job. JG fittings via ChiCompany. Taps & Shanks via KegKits. CO2 bottle (ANHC 2010 comp). Kegs from MyBeerShop. Lines from KegKing.

I just throught I would share some photo's of my keg set up.
IMAG0007.jpg
The fridge is a stainless steel Westinghouse 240L all fridge. I like these fridges because they have a built in fan to circulate the air. I picked it up brand new off ebay for $100.00
IMAG0004.jpg
I can fit 86L of keg beer in the fridge, plus bottled beer or 98L of keg beer if I take the shelf out.
IMAG0005.jpg
I purchased some old Guinness taps which have built-in flow control. Perfect for serving stouts.
IMAG0016.jpg
IMAG0020.jpg

I'm so in the cool gang.....Aren't I? I've been waiting for Perlicks for ages!

109_1468.JPG

The lines will be attached next week. I decided that 3 taps on the fridge plus pluto gun inside would be plenty (fridge currently holds 4 kegs, 5, maybe 6 when I build the stand so 3 serving, 2 conditioning), so the pilot hole for the 3rd is in as well.

109_1474.JPG

Back