Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bit bored the other weekend so I knocked this little beauty up. As you can see I went a bit crazy.

That's what i need to take down to the park at the end of my street. :icon_cheers:

it's tiring walking 300m home to fill my glass (1st world problem?)

Its getting there.... I will repaint and move the gas bottle to the outside up high its inside to stop my girls playing with it...

Photo0573.jpg

Photo0575.jpg

there is far to much water in that "BEER" fridge :p and I dont think storing timber in the fridge will make it grow any more ;)

i know it smells like fish the water does... but the wood is there to support the kegs. It also doubles as my fermentation fridge

That's what i need to take down to the park at the end of my street. :icon_cheers:

it's tiring walking 300m home to fill my glass (1st world problem?)

300m that is triple the distance you definitely need a setup like this ;)

So I've been hooking up all of the tubing and connectors etc in the fridge today, cleaning the kegs/lines as its all new, will do it before i fill them again to be sure, and sanitise them as well.

Ripped my thumb open getting the 5mm ID tubing onto the what i think was 6mm barbs.. popped a massive blister on my thumb, but its all for a good cause!

Here is a couple of pictures of the fridge before i got to work today, this is with the lid on (no hinges/seal on the lid) and just the taps poking through, but from the outside, this is what she looks like in daylight!

Note the dodgy cornering haha, the other is pretty similar quality work.. but it adds to the character (my attempt at rejecting the flaws haha)

photo_2.JPG

photo_1.JPG

So I've been hooking up all of the tubing and connectors etc in the fridge today, cleaning the kegs/lines as its all new, will do it before i fill them again to be sure, and sanitise them as well.

Ripped my thumb open getting the 5mm ID tubing onto the what i think was 6mm barbs.. popped a massive blister on my thumb, but its all for a good cause!

Here is a couple of pictures of the fridge before i got to work today, this is with the lid on (no hinges/seal on the lid) and just the taps poking through, but from the outside, this is what she looks like in daylight!

Note the dodgy cornering haha, the other is pretty similar quality work.. but it adds to the character (my attempt at rejecting the flaws haha)

Looks great!
Love your workbench (oven) in the background. Handy hint for getting your tubing on. Just pop the end of your tubing in to some boiling water and then slip it straight on and clamp it as soon as possible makes it super easy and seals like a dream.

Looks great!
Love your workbench (oven) in the background. Handy hint for getting your tubing on. Just pop the end of your tubing in to some boiling water and then slip it straight on and clamp it as soon as possible makes it super easy and seals like a dream.
Cheers man, the oven is my brothers, same with a lounge i have sitting covered in a tarp, the ******* is too lazy to pick them up so i cover them with my crap haha!

I got the heat gun on the tubing, but ended up melting it and freaking out haha..

I was thinking since one is leaking (dodgy work) i might replace the lot with 6mm and just up the length?

I'm using 6mm for the gas lines and they have sealed pretty tight as far as I'm aware, i haven't tested them yet though so i could be eating my words when i do. I might check it tomorrow (the gas clamps) and see how it goes.

looks excellent

i'm glad you de-fogged the camera lens :p

modified mine today. found the gas bottle empty too :( bloody leaks. now have the bottle outside and the gasline through the side of the fridge.

modified mine today. found the gas bottle empty too :( bloody leaks. now have the bottle outside and the gasline through the side of the fridge.
I found a couple of leaks in my system this week too. Don't skimp on the fittings always buy the original JG fittings. No more leaks!

I just finished placing the new seal on the door, i had to do a three stage seal to minimise gaps (will also put some all clear sealant around inside where i know some problem areas might be), laid one seal down on the lid, one on the wood, and then another in the gaps of the wood to "plug" itself. I don't want any cooling issues from the lid (was even thinking a nice looking latch might work good too!).

I also started with the new hinges, I'm just using door hinges, since the old ones weren't much chop. a few screws and some liquid nails will do wonders! Beautiful stuff!

After this, its screwing the hinges into the wood, and the silicone to seal it, wiring up the jiffy box for the temperature controller and then putting the secondary regs in and plumbing them!

I want to have one keg tapped and working in this baby by the weekend! more than likely will take two though haha!

Got a font :D

New Font by auvortex, on Flickr

Starting work to plumb it in on the weekend, need taps and adapters though :)
Not sure of the brand (couldn't see it on the Andale site). Has fittings for flooding, the ebay ad said something about questionable flooding - but it definately has the fittings. We won't be flooding it though, so no issue if it doesn't work or leaks etc...

And I just started Dry July, so no beer from it until August!

So I put the temp controller in its box and mounted it on the lid, I've switched her on and run the main gas like in, flushed the lines and sanitised, and have spent all day doing brew related tasks!

Bottled a milk stout - added some extra lactose at bottling.
Put a pilsner down and will hopefully have her bubbling away soon.

Finally I whipped up a vanilla cream soda to get the leg fridge tested! Should be carbed tomorrow or Tuesday! Should be good!

i have been building my lil keezer the past few weeks and got to pour the first of many beers tonight ! still has a few minor finshes to do but pretty much there and i am very happy . i wanted to try and make it a little bit more than just a standard collar so i cloaked it all in fence rail and ply for the build and i think it turned out good for such cheap products. chuck in a bit of putty, cheap stain and a few fancy edge strip things from bunnings , bit of tape + blackboard paint , cheap drip tray ;) and bang there she is.. the perlick pc flow taps bring the bling and work bloody well. i got most of the ideas from this great forum and just winged it a bit too . heres some pics........

View attachment 55940

View attachment 55941

View attachment 55942

View attachment 55943

View attachment 55944

View attachment 55945

View attachment 55946

View attachment 55947

Love the keezer cladding northside! You've got a nice vintage radio look going on there.

Just upgraded from the 215L to the 550L.

I believe i can fit 14 kegs in nice and tight.
Front is evenly spaced to fit 10 Taps, the CPF and the temp controller.

Ignore the electrics for now, they are under construction... :ph34r:

Other than that i just need to drill in the gasworks and hook it up to the fermenting chambervia the two copper inlets at the back left, this will be connected to a keg and pumped water through a radiator/fan in the chamber.

gallery_19421_888_350.jpg

gallery_19421_888_142092.jpg

gallery_19421_888_233761.jpg

gallery_19421_888_94060.jpg

Back