Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm off to the USA this weekend and I can't decide how many taps and hops to buy... 15kg spare luggage.... Freezer has space for 3 more kegs!!

Nice build, buy as many as you can justify!

You mean (V)isitors (B)eer..

Good job though. I bet you can't wait to populate the other tap holes.

after 9 years of brewing i'm kicking myself for not getting kegs earlier, won't be long befor i get some more kegs and taps, eventually a beer machine for my english beers. my old man would be proud

Got stuck into mine after a busy time changing jobs/being really crook, got 2 sides, the lid and compressor door painted, my temp controller is painted, I've just got to fill and stain the collar and drill the gas line hole, and attach the collar and I'm ready to rock and roll I believe! Pics will come when im near a pc

use a collar instead an theres no warranty issue

Mate,

Harvey Norman's discount store is two blocks from my office in Dandenong - they usually have great deals. If you're interested I'll pop in tomorrow lunch...

:icon_offtopic: Might be having a big brewday soon so I'll keep you posted :icon_offtopic:

Anybody have any experience with these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chest-Freezer-C...=item27c831474e

Looking for something capable of 5-6 kegs and for the price with 12mth warranty this is looking pretty good? Only issue is cutting a couple of holes in the lid for taps probably kills any warranty!

Mate,

Harvey Norman's discount store is two blocks from my office in Dandenong - they usually have great deals. If you're interested I'll pop in tomorrow lunch...

:icon_offtopic: Might be having a big brewday soon so I'll keep you posted :icon_offtopic:

Yeah that would great Yippie! Something around 300L size or capable of at least 5 x cornies and Co2 bottle, without a collar ideally. Got my heart set on using a font tower over a collar. I'm leaning towards the one in the link otherwise.

Keen for a brew day!

Yeah that would great Yippie! Something around 300L size or capable of at least 5 x cornies and Co2 bottle, without a collar ideally. Got my heart set on using a font tower over a collar. I'm leaning towards the one in the link otherwise.

As an example, you can build a collar and still use a font tower, that's how I'm building mine. It does take up more space, but here's a construction pic:

Untitled by auvortex, on Flickr

The section on the right will be a 'shelf' and the font mounted to that. The bottle hangs down underneath. I'm yet to buy a font.

I also have a 4 tap font and a collar. Means you don't have to drill the freezer and you don't have to keep the gas in the fridge...

kegfridge11.jpg

kegfridge13.jpg

I just screwed a cheapy kit cupboard to the collar and drilled through that way for all the lines.

I got a bit bored the other weekend so I knocked this little beauty up. As you can see I went a bit crazy.
1.jpg

Fits 2 kegs and gas lines connected.

2.jpg

Base frame made up.

3.jpg

Frame complete. Had some mods after this to remove the higher front section so that the lid could be hinged from the frame.

4.jpg

Testing the system. mmmmmm cider!

5.jpg

Getting everything to fit correctly.

6.jpg

Finished view from the handle end. It is very easy to push around.

7.jpg

View from the serving side.

8.jpg

View from the serving side. ST101 temp controller installed.

9.jpg

Fully loaded wagon. Fits either 2 extra kegs above the wheels or the Honda generator.

10.jpg

New Stainless Perlick, flow controller and stainless shank. Pours like a dream.

@ Jurt - Awesome work mate, looks like it will be the goods... makes sure your post up the finished product!

@ Nathan - That is most fuckng brutal mate! So it it run by the geny or is the lead running to it involved? What does the geny run petrol?

@ Punkin - seen it before, always good to see it again, great rig mate!

@ Jurt - Awesome work mate, looks like it will be the goods... makes sure your post up the finished product!

@ Nathan - That is most fuckng brutal mate! So it it run by the geny or is the lead running to it involved? What does the geny run petrol?

It runs on mains when we are at home but when we go to the dam for a picnic (100m down our property) or out camping I can run it on the generator. It makes for may interesting conversations with family that all now know i'm an alcoholic.

Cheers mate, getting it done slowly! Will post a few different ones up when she's cranking!

Latest posts

Back