Keg vs Cask and the relevance of CAMRA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About how I felt about it twelve years ago. And for much the same reasons. In many ways CAMRA's been fostering a sort of german-style closed-mindedness about craft beer I feel, and it's not helping the state of british beer. They've had a huge role to play over the organisation's existence, but they really needed to adapt to changing times fifteen years ago, not next year.

Personally I felt the tipping point was their utter pigheadedness over co2 demand valves when the valves got good. And that was a long time ago now. But no doubt, like the article, saying that's going to generate some controversy :p

Yep, I couldn't understand their objections to demand valves, gives a smaller venue a chance to carry more beer and keep it in better condition for longer cant see how that's a bad thing.

I think they have done a lot of good in keeping cask beer front of mind, for a bunch of grumpy old men.
Mark

The irony is that they were trying to protect small breweries and pubs from the big breweries and their lagers.

In reality they were trying to save the craft beer of the time. Unfortunately their definition is so narrow they have become a real ale cult rather than embracing the resurgence of craft beer!

Latest posts

Back