Keg Mate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope I don't put on weight, not having to walk to the garage any more :lol:

Holy shit Screwy, Nice setup mate :icon_drool2: ,You have been a good boy haven't you.

Hope I don't put on weight, not having to walk to the garage any more

Or the shed, that was some walk.. :lol:

There is a really nice spot right next to my ladies computer for one of those, wonder if she would notice?? Shit, she didnt even recognise the fridge she helped me unload that I bought on Ebay that she knew all about.. Maybe I could get away with it?? :unsure:

Hope I don't put on weight, not having to walk to the garage any more :lol:
Unfortunately my shed/workshop where all the action happens is thirty metres from the house and although a kegarator in the house would be a great idea it could be a therapeutic disaster.

Had another look at mine today as I was changing the font and moving it away from the garage door, where it collected dust.

Mind you, I bought this on Ebay but not from "dreamrider_store", though I suspect it's the same fridge.
It came with a 2 tap font with chrome Cellli style taps, 2 50L keg couplers, one regulator, drip tray etc.

Mine didn't come with a Co2 bottle.

Here's some pics...

The pump is made by LG.
P1000335_1.jpg

Model number.
P1000336_1.jpg

With Lancer Pacific font, bought from Ross at Craftbrewer.
P1000337_1.jpg

With Andale ceramic font. 4th tap is useless as the fridge only takes 3 kegs but I do like the font :)
P1000339_1.jpg

I still reckon the Kegmate and clone machines like Thunderlips' are the same beast in different clothing. So what if the tap is crap, if it's no good then chuck it and buy something better. You're still ahead.

I still reckon the Kegmate and clone machines like Thunderlips' are the same beast in different clothing. So what if the tap is crap, if it's no good then chuck it and buy something better. You're still ahead.
I reckon the flat door version is exactly the same. Same pump and all.

I reckon the flat door version is exactly the same. Same pump and all.

Hello,

It's Kee here from Keg King.

I can confirm for you that they are exactly the same. Keg Mate and us use exactly the same model fridge but he uses his own parts. I believe his parts are from India not China. As of June 2009 all of the ones we sell now use our new taps which are FAR better than the other ones that we use to get.

We are also making a few other modifications such as changing the CO2 regulators to Micromatic regs, and in the future our taps will all be spring back taps. If you guys have any other questions like this you should just call us.

Regards,

Kee Doery

:ph34r:
Not affiliated, but another cheap option for it:
http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au/prod...c7817a524833583

I've got one from Pinnacle. It worked out about $650 to my door in WA. It's pretty good, I had a few issues due to a dent in transit and some funky mess around the condenser but after speaking to him and a few other guys it's all been good. The owner seemed to be pretty reasonable and willing to fix things, hell every time a customer presented an issue all models shipped from there forward included said fix so he was listening to customers which is good.

Had another look at mine today as I was changing the font and moving it away from the garage door, where it collected dust.

Mind you, I bought this on Ebay but not from "dreamrider_store", though I suspect it's the same fridge.
It came with a 2 tap font with chrome Cellli style taps, 2 50L keg couplers, one regulator, drip tray etc.

Mine didn't come with a Co2 bottle.

Here's some pics...

The pump is made by LG.
View attachment 25283

Model number.
View attachment 25284

With Lancer Pacific font, bought from Ross at Craftbrewer.
View attachment 25285

With Andale ceramic font. 4th tap is useless as the fridge only takes 3 kegs but I do like the font :)
View attachment 25286

Looks the goods! Maybe Santa will be generous to me this year.

I know quite a bit about this topic so I though I may as well hop on here to give my 2 cents.

The main kegerator that you guys seem to be talking about is what we call our Keg Master Series 3 (aka Keg Mate or Fridge that Ross sells)

Up to April 2010 the actual fridge part of the kegerators are the same however if you purchase the fridge from us after June 2010 our fridges are modified at our warehouse. Our new modified fridges give you more control over the temperature. The pre-April 2010 model will only allow you to go between 2 degreese and 10 degrees C and this is the same as what everyone else sells. The new Keg King modified model will allow you to go as low as 0 degreese meaning you will have less chance of foaming issues and you will be able to serve your beer icy cold if thats what you want to do. You will also be able to push the temperature up to 28 degreese meaning that you will be able to use the fridge for fermenting in. Then when you are finished you can drop the temp down to 0 and drop the yeast out of suspension in the fermenter before transfering to kegs. This will give you much clearer beer. So as of June 2010 the fridges are definitely NOT the same. Ours will have a greater level of temperature control. From August 2010 we will also offer an 0-28 degreese temperautre kit so you will be able to modify your own kegerator to do the same thing. It is a simple process of taking to plastic cover off the top of the kegerator and changing one of the circuit boards over.

Apart from the temperature control, please also remember that it is imporant to purchase a fridge from someone who has a comprehensive warranty and stocks replacement parts. We keep replacement compressors, doors, top covers, floor protectors, castors, guard rails, temp key pads, circuit boards etc

I will also say its a good idea to purchase the fridge from your local home brew store. It is important to support the local home brew store that supports you. If something goes wrong you do not want to have to ship the product interstate. There is a number of stores on our website www.kegking.com.au around the country. Please support them because they are the lifeblood of the home brewing industry.

Mine won't allow me to go warmer than 10 degrees. I thought there was something radically wrong with it, as it just beeps at me as if to say "WTF" but now I know. Can you do mods on existing kegmates or is that going to be too hard / expensive? I note that mine came Via Ross from your warehouse as I still have the box :icon_cheers:

Interesting bit of information. The extra 2 degrees down to 0 will be a welcome addition to many brewers I suspect.

Still glad I spent the time an research to buy my own taps/shanks and put taps through my fridge! Very rewarding!

From August 2010 we will also offer an 0-28 degreese temperautre kit so you will be able to modify your own kegerator to do the same thing. It is a simple process of taking to plastic cover off the top of the kegerator and changing one of the circuit boards over.

Here you go Bribie.

Scott

Here you go Bribie.

Scott

Thanks, I totally missed that for some reason - I'll email them. A zero degree option would be fantastic for using the counter pressure bottle filler, plus if I have 3 ales on the go it's nice to have it set to 12 degrees. Cheers.

Cheers
Michael

Latest posts

Back