Keg Mate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Disco_tezz not wanting to hi-jack, but also is the kegmate exactly the same as the kegerator from G&G? They look it.

Judging by the look of the million or so identical clones available in the US, I'd say the Kegmate is oriental in origin.

Keg King (MCH Australia) had the 3-keg, 2-tap version on eBay recently for $AU 599 including a dual regulator, seems like a good buy compared to the kegmate which is closer to $950 for the same thing without regulator, or Craftbrewer has it for $699 with no tap :eek:

Having seen most models on the market, there's a reason that G&G, ourselves & others stock the models we do.

You basically get what you pay for :)

Cheers Ross

Having seen most models on the market, there's a reason that G&G, ourselves & others stock the models we do.

You basically get what you pay for :)

Cheers Ross

Like most things in life I suppose, but can you confirm who makes the Kegmate, and where they're made Ross?

Reading some feedback from the Ebay ones, one of them comes with a gas bottle but it's not an Australian gas bottle and people are having a very hard time trying to fill them. Something to think about. That said a 3 tap, 2 keg, dual reg one for $599 is a steal. Got more info?

Reading some feedback from the Ebay ones, one of them comes with a gas bottle but it's not an Australian gas bottle and people are having a very hard time trying to fill them. Something to think about. That said a 3 tap, 2 keg, dual reg one for $599 is a steal. Got more info?

Anyone got one of thses pesky bottles that are not Australian,has the wrong thread and can't be fiilled......for sale?

Batz

They aren't showing up on there right now, but were last week. The seller was brewbeeronline.
When I dug a little deeper, I found the seller was actually www.kegking.com.au. Not sure what their usual price is though.

BB

Like most things in life I suppose, but can you confirm who makes the Kegmate, and where they're made Ross?

Blackbock - I don't know the manufacturer as we don't personally import them, but can confirm they are made in China.
China is a large country & the quality of product varies considerably between factories. We had an order of 14 Kegmates for a cluey Customer that put us on hold after seeing the "Ebay" bargins. After recieving one of the Ebay ones & comparing the 2 against each other, we got the sale, despite being 50% more expensive... :)
Also had a customer bring in a flow control tap off one of these units to show me - The quality was absolutely appalling & he left with a new Celli. I'm not saying they are all poorly made, just what I've seen so far. If/when i see some that are good value, I'll stock them.

cheers Ross

Blackbock - I don't know the manufacturer as we don't personally import them, but can confirm they are made in China.
China is a large country & the quality of product varies considerably between factories. We had an order of 14 Kegmates for a cluey Customer that put us on hold after seeing the "Ebay" bargins. After recieving one of the Ebay ones & comparing the 2 against each other, we got the sale, despite being 50% more expensive... :)
Also had a customer bring in a flow control tap off one of these units to show me - The quality was absolutely appalling & he left with a new Celli. I'm not saying they are all poorly made, just what I've seen so far. If/when i see some that are good value, I'll stock them.

cheers Ross

I think we all understand Ross

made_in_china.jpg

You have had the two side by side,I doubt anyone else in Australia would have done such a comparison as yet.I am sure your not telling us something we didn't suspect already.

Batz

FWIW, I bought a keg mate almost 18 month ago from Craftbrewer and have had no issues with it so far. A quick check of the warranty documentation shows that the manufacturer of the unit is Wilarno Pty Ltd.

... shows that the manufacturer of the unit is Wilarno Pty Ltd.

A quick lookup of Wilarno Pty Ltd on the business.gov.au website shows that their ABN is 088318423.

A quick whois of kegmate.com.au shows that the ABN of the registrant, Mozzierid Pty. Ltd., is 088318423.

They are one and the same.

FWIW, I bought a keg mate almost 18 month ago from Craftbrewer and have had no issues with it so far. A quick check of the warranty documentation shows that the manufacturer of the unit is Wilarno Pty Ltd.

I got the flat stainless door job from Ebay. I asked the seller and he did say it was a Keg Mate.

I'll check the warranty when I get home from work and see if it's the same as yours.

Yeah its the same one,

Not so, post if you know!

Everything comes from China, just gotta hope they keep buying our raw materials.

Ebay STAINLESS DOOR KEGERATOR BEER HOME BREWING SYSTEMKeggerator.jpg
KeggeratorCastors_Snip.JPG

and KEGERATOR PRO BEER KEG FRIDGE Tomahawk.jpg

Craftbrewer Keg Cooler:

CB_Keggerator.jpg CB_Keg_Cooler.jpg CB_Keggerator2.jpg

As can be seen the CB Keg Cooler is a larger fridge than the one on the left (see the top with glasses), has a digital setable temp, holds 3 cornie kegs in the actual fridge space and comes with lockable swivel castors standard.

The one on the left is a 128L fridgethe other PRO BEER KEG FRIDGE has a Japanese DESIGNED Maki compressor unit. On the right the most important component of any fridge - the compressor unit, have a look the CB Keg Cooler has an LG unit.

Screwy

Looks the goods, must be easier having beer on tap in the dining/living/lounge room? ;)

Latest posts

Back