Keg King ROBOBREW 35L SINGLE VESSEL BREWERY

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clarity is good be same as grain father losses to trub would be just around 1 to 1.5 litre loss, I let my trub settle after whirlpool until I have about 70 degrees C to cold crash.
Well worth the money, the delivery is a PITA

For anyone considering buying the new Robobrew with pump, I just bought one from KK's (I think it's them anyway - user "tapped15") eBay store for $522 delivered using a 10% off site-wide coupon - "C10".

I currently have the original non-pump version (which I added a pump too) but I like a few of the new features of this model so thought I'd upgrade.

Will be selling my original Robo and added pump shortly if anyone is interested.

I would avoid the keg king robobrew v1. My screen just got fried after a few drips from my spoon travelled down the side. This tripped the circuit breaker, and it was only the next day i could even plug it back in without tripping the breaker.

Now the screen is fried and kk wont do anything as I bought it through an ebay seller. Bad design and dangerous. No wonder they changed the design.

I dont know how other people have found them, but my experience is not good.

Just watched a RB review on YouTube - and noticed the display on the review differs to mine (same model) and has a timer function and that the reviewer mentions KK is planning to add a delay timer to the programming.

Does anyone know if the firmware is upgradeable by end users?

Last edited by a moderator:
cliffo said:
Just watched a RB review on YouTube - and noticed the display on the review differs to mine (same model) and has a timer function and that the reviewer mentions KK is planning to add a delay timer to the programming.

Does anyone know if the firmware is upgradeable by end users?

I think the firmware is not upgradeable but they are selling the new circuit to upgrade your system to the have the timer option.

By the way, I collected mine last Wednesday and noticed that in store they have one of the previous models (with pump but no timer) which is a bit dented for $489 or so and they said that it was tested and has no leakage. That's a pretty good price if you don't mind having a dent at the base near the tap. So if any of you is interested you can make a call and verify if they still have it.

Disclaimer: I have no connection or association with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
BrewRo said:
I think the firmware is not upgradeable but they are selling the new circuit to upgrade your system to the have the timer option.

By the way, I collected mine last Wednesday and noticed that in store they have one of the previous models (with pump but no timer) which is a bit dented for $489 or so and they said that it was tested and has no leakage. That's a pretty good price if you don't mind having a dent at the base near the tap. So if any of you is interested you can make a call and verify if they still have it.

Disclaimer: I have no connection or association with them.
Bulk Brewing has them for 499 as a normal price. Mate got one the other day for $479. Free postage in Perth usually for them too although they are out of stock at the moment.

Do you actually need to buy the 12mm compression to 1/2inch BSP fittings for the immersion chiller, or will 12mm garden hose end fittings work just fine?

I've just attached a garden connector to a small piece of hose, then clamped the hose straight onto the chiller.

[SIZE=12pt]I’ve just used ½ inch brass compression fittings from bunnings [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I got ½ compression x ¾ thread so a regular tap outlet screws on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pushing the topic elsewhere…..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]How’s everyone’s boil rate? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The first few times I used the Robo, I thought the boil rate was good, I thought I was impressed but had never used electric before. It was nothing compared to my old Italian Spiral burner but I thought it was ok. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The last couple of times I’ve not been convinced it has been boiling as hard as it should/did…. It now sits on 103 degrees for the full boil, I have no evidence but I thought the first couple times it hit 106. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Is there a way to measure if it’s working correctly? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Can a sparky measure current or load whilst it’s boiling? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ideas? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Comments? [/SIZE]

printed forms section said:
[SIZE=12pt]I’ve just used ½ inch brass compression fittings from bunnings [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I got ½ compression x ¾ thread so a regular tap outlet screws on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pushing the topic elsewhere…..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]How’s everyone’s boil rate? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The first few times I used the Robo, I thought the boil rate was good, I thought I was impressed but had never used electric before. It was nothing compared to my old Italian Spiral burner but I thought it was ok. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The last couple of times I’ve not been convinced it has been boiling as hard as it should/did…. It now sits on 103 degrees for the full boil, I have no evidence but I thought the first couple times it hit 106. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Is there a way to measure if it’s working correctly? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Can a sparky measure current or load whilst it’s boiling? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ideas? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Comments? [/SIZE]
Yeah, can put a tong tester on it and see its current draw. But better to use a multimeter and check the resistance of both your elements. See if one is open circuit.

What's the thinking on a good crush size for the Robobrew for reasonably timely sparging: 1.2mm?

bingggo said:
What's the thinking on a good crush size for the Robobrew for reasonably timely sparging: 1.2mm?
Add 250g of rice hulls to the grist and it won't matter too much.

Hey brewers, I'm thinking of making a single malt Saison in the robobrew. Keen to hear what you think as I've only made one full size batch so far in the robobrew.

4.5kg castle pale malt
15g magnum at 60 mins
30g sorachi ace at 30 mins
30g sorachi ace at 10 mins
20g sorachi ace at flame out.

Mash in with 20L (68C) at 65C for 60 mins
Mashed at 70 for 10 mins
Mash out at 75 for 10 mins

What would I best sparge with? For a 23L Bach?

Cube and pitch next day with Belle saison.

Cheers, happy Friday

How long are you guys finding a brew takes on a Robobrew?

Hey brewers, I'm thinking of making a single malt Saison in the robobrew. Keen to hear what you think as I've only made one full size batch so far in the robobrew.

4.5kg castle pale malt
15g magnum at 60 mins
30g sorachi ace at 30 mins
30g sorachi ace at 10 mins
20g sorachi ace at flame out.

Mash in with 20L (68C) at 65C for 60 mins
Mashed at 70 for 10 mins
Mash out at 75 for 10 mins

What would I best sparge with? For a 23L Bach?

Cube and pitch next day with Belle saison.

Cheers, happy Friday

I haven't got a Robobrew but have a single vessel
22 L mash in 18 L sparge for 23 L about 3 to 4 L loss

How long are you guys finding a brew takes on a Robobrew?

If I no chill, it is usually heat strike water at 1630, 70 min mash, 90 min boil, all done including cleanup by ~2100

So around 4.5hrs? Give or take a bit for chilling and delay start timer?

Was initially planning on a GF but I'm starting to wonder if one or two of these might be a better option.

Yeah that sounds fair, I insulate the robo with some aero-cell (I think that's what it's called) but have the Tamworth winter to contend with so YMMV.
I got mine at a decent price (2nd hand, gen 1) and use a pump to recirc, no complaints with it at all.
I also almost exclusively FWH these days for the bittering addition, and run off ~ 10L to boil on the stove top in a 19L big w stockpot as I get a more vigorous boil in both vessels that way without worrying about boil overs... adding the stovetop wort back into the robo at 10 mins when I add my yeast nutrient.

What ever happened to the larger version of the robobrew that was rumoured?

Retailers where saying a 60L version was on the horizon about a year ago but it never materialised.

Latest posts

Back