Keg King ROBOBREW 35L SINGLE VESSEL BREWERY

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So around 4.5hrs? Give or take a bit for chilling and delay start timer?

Was initially planning on a GF but I'm starting to wonder if one or two of these might be a better option.

I've got my brew day down to just under 4hrs by doing the following the night before:

• Set up the unit and pump ready to go
  • Measure out water and add to system
I brew early mornings so all that is required is for me to start heating mash water while I work out mineral additions and throw them in. Clean up is pretty easy if you clean as you go. I get most of my cleaning done during the boil so that only the main unit is left to be cleaned out by the time I've dumped the wort into a cube. I no-chill btw, but TBH chilling doesn't really add that much more time if you are clever and clean what you can when you can.

I used the Robojacket for the first time on two brews today.

It makes a noticeable difference in reducing the time it takes to get to required temperature(s) and one would assume also holds temperatures more consistently than not having this or some other form of insulation.

Well worth the money.

Took advantage of the 18% off ebay sale and ordered a robobrew with pump for $470 inc delivery...cant wait to do my first robobrew brew!
(Also have the robojacket coming)

For anyone interested - I brewed with my biggest ever grain bill last weekend - 7.07kg of grain in a clone of the Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA.

All went well, pouring in the grain took foreeeever once I hit strike temperature. I upped my mash water volume to 21L to account for the extra grain and compensated with less sparge water.

Came in short on my pre-boil gravity (I always seem to) but nailed my OG so I'm happy, and will have a scrumptious 7.8% Hoppy Red IPA ready to drink next weekend.

For anyone interested - I brewed with my biggest ever grain bill last weekend - 7.07kg of grain in a clone of the Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA.

All went well, pouring in the grain took foreeeever once I hit strike temperature. I upped my mash water volume to 21L to account for the extra grain and compensated with less sparge water.

Came in short on my pre-boil gravity (I always seem to) but nailed my OG so I'm happy, and will have a scrumptious 7.8% Hoppy Red IPA ready to drink next weekend.
You brewed it last weekend and expect it to be ready next weekend? You're ambitious

You brewed it last weekend and expect it to be ready next weekend? You're ambitious
When I say last weekend I'm referring to 15th October. Pitched yeast on the16th. The weekend just gone still feels too fresh to call it last weekend...

It's just about at terminal gravity now and will dry hop tonight. Should be ready to force carbonate Friday night and could be drinking by the weekend. That said I don't have any free tap real estate right now so it may have to cold condition for a week.

Leaked pic of a gen 3 robobrew kicking around facebook at the moment.

n019303@westernpower.com.au_20171025_094000501.png

Has anyone made it so the handles on the V2 are strong enough to use when it has water/wort in it?
I've heard a few stories about them only being spot welded and snapping when trying to lift it up.

No none of the single vessels can be lifted by the handles, they all have the same warning.

Oops, I lift mine regularly at the end when I've chilled it so I can get it on the bench to make draining easier, I always mash and boil on the garage floor.

Can be a tad heavy but I never feel the handles are going to give in.

Thats on the GUTEN btw not Robobrew

Finally jumped in on this and bought myself a Robobrew. Just wondering what's the smallest batch size someones done on this?
I was thinking about doing some 10-12L batches for competition brews.
Any reason why the Robobrew wouldn't handle that well?

Finally jumped in on this and bought myself a Robobrew. Just wondering what's the smallest batch size someones done on this?
I was thinking about doing some 10-12L batches for competition brews.
Any reason why the Robobrew wouldn't handle that well?

I regularly do 10L batches and have gone as low as 5L! Had to do a pretty thin mash and keep the wort circulating but no real problems other than a lower than average efficiency (usually somewhere between 55 & 65)

Also be careful not to run the pump dry, as it will run faster than a small volume of liquid can filter through the grain.

Latest posts

Back