Keg King ROBOBREW 35L SINGLE VESSEL BREWERY

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SBOB said:
cant see any reference to the voltage/wattage?
I assumed it was the same as the smaller unit but you make a good point. They respond fairly quickly on their chat line.

I have a feeling it's pretty much the same as the small one electrically though, just a bigger urn.

Guten, posted out Friday delivered yesterday, looks pretty good, 8 kg of grain, 6 step mash inc boil, it is the same as the Ace and no logo neither Guten or Ace, think I noticed that the Ace in the UK didn't have the logo either.
Will report on performance after the brew.
Packaging good.
001.JPG
Size comparison compared to BM
002.JPG
003.JPG

Looks pretty good. Is that a camlock fitting on the recirculation pipe? I'll be following with interest. I thought the Robobrew was a steal, might be kicking myself yet... :unsure:

Yes camlock fittings, and it is good quality, I was surprised, I can do a couple of mods to the malt pipe and it should be perfect, even has a power control so you can control the boil, for the price it is very good.

Man the Guten looks way better than I thought it would. Please post results after your next brew day.

crowmanz said:
Man the Guten looks way better than I thought it would. Please post results after your next brew day.
I expect to see WEAL becoming a local distributor within a month or 2 ;)

Gave the Gruten a run today, just a bog standard ordinary bitter 3.4% used some of the data off the Grainfather write ups, 23 litres fermenter volume, 3.66 kg grain bill, mashed into 20 litres of water, set the efficiency at 70% on Brewers Friend 75 minute mash followed by a 60 minute boil, boil gravity on target, 6 litre sparge.
Target OG 1.035 actual 1.033 this was my fault as I had to much liquor at the start of the boil, fermenter ended up 24 litres.
Efficiency was better than I expected, and could be improved by hitting the pause button a couple of times during the mash and giving the grain a stir, also there was a little silicone grommet which I did not have a clue where it belonged until I started the sparging, it seals around the top of the top perforated plate to stop the liquor running down the sides of the centre tube.
All in all very surprised and happy with the performance for something which is 25% the cost of a BM and half the price of the Grainfather, giving a 70% efficiency rating on the Brewers Friend I thought would be overshooting the mark but turns out it was about right, not bad for a first attempt in uncharted water.

Great stuff WEAL, I'd be stoked with that run!
I need to dust the cobwebs off mine...

dammag said:
That's the one, but it doesn't come with any brand or logo, what I did notice is that the reply from my first communication was replied was replied to by the manufacturer, it then switched to another sales rep, so what I think is happening is if you don't want to buy 200 of the units you are either switched to another company or they have their own retail sales outlet.

On my FG, I checked again this morning after cold crashing was at 1034, I just have to give it a go with a larger grain bill, but I am confident of a good result, though it is a new tool, I am sure of its capabilities now I have the experience of that first brew.

So $500 US landed?

Looks like a good deal.

Should there be a Guten thread of its own?

dammag said:
So $500 US landed?

Looks like a good deal.

Should there be a Guten thread of its own?
The only time you will see Guten mentioned is on Alibaba, Robobrew, Grainfather and Guten are all much the same, maybe they should combine them all for a thread. Though the Guten does have the programmed mash and boil, but the only disadvantage is (and something that would improve the unit) it doesn't mark time like the BM, so if you go out for a run and get back later than expected, it will just continue through to boil without stopping.

"Go out for a run"...while brewing..

I think you're doing it wrong pal!

[emoji51]

No Zorco go out for a RUN mate down the road in the car to the bottle shop :D

I looked at them was able to land it here in Perth under the $500 without doing it, using Chinese post bit slower than you got yours though WEAL

It was just before the Chinese new year but never went through with it as dollars are short for me
so whether I could have landed for under $500 is no cert

Thanks for posting WEAL more feed back would be great when you brew the 5% beer

Zorco said:
"Go out for a run"...while brewing..

I think you're doing it wrong pal!

[emoji51]
Early start early finish, mash in and time for a run, the dog would never forgive me if we didn't have a morning run, still don't think he's ever forgiven me when he misheard me one time and thought I said, 'Come on Boof we're going to the vets to have you tutored'

I did look at EMS because I have brought bigger parcels than the Gruten in through them, but the calculations looked similar, might be worth checking it out more thoroughly for anyone else wanting to get one, and the BM I got direct from Germany and it was only 80 Euro delivery through the post, airmail.

Back