Keg King ROBOBREW 35L SINGLE VESSEL BREWERY

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been achieving 78-79% efficiency on my Mk1 Robobrew by making the following changes to my process:

* Change to a brew shop with a coarser grind - old shop was just pulverising it

* Using Bru'n Water spreadsheet and treating water with Calcium Chloride, Gypsum, Epsom and Citric Acid to hit flavour profile and pH. Note I'm not testing for pH but the numbers add up based on my tap water profile

* Consistently using 20L for mash volume (the coarser grind means that I don't need to use rice hulls anymore) and recirculating throughout the mash

* Yoga mat wrapped around the kettle to help with temp consistency

TehCrucible said:
I'll be onto KK on Monday to try and sort that out.
Couldn't figure out how to edit my previous post to add this, but just wanted to say that Keg King came through with a satisfactory arrangement for all of my issues and we're pretty responsive and helpful about it. Not a plug, just credit where credit is due.

wide eyed and legless said:
They could all be coming out of the same stable, I have ordered the Guten which is similar again but at the bottom of the pic in small letters www.waterurn.net which led to this company Zhongshan Hongxi Industry Limited, which besides making their own range of goods are a contract manufacturer.
When is the arrival date ?

Would appreciate youre run down once you have used it

Not sure of arrival date, they have acknowledged payment received, but as they are on Chinese New Year holiday (which she did warn me about) it will not get shipped until they get back, I wanted to wait for the 50 litre version due out next month and wasn't much dearer, but curiosity got the better of me. I will give it a review when I get it, well I did promise them I would give it a favorable review, in return for a free 50 litre. ;)

I did promise them I would give it a favorable review, in return for a free 50 litre. ;)
Haha the height of ethics in journalism.

They did say it is a big seller in the UK and Germany and looking at the underside it is also the same as the Robobrew, don't know about the pump just the element and wiring fixtures. So it's looking convincing they are all coming out of the same stable.

They did say it is a big seller in the UK and Germany and looking at the underside it is also the same as the Robobrew, don't know about the pump just the element and wiring fixtures. So it's looking convincing they are all coming out of the same stable.
What are the power requirements on the 50L?

malt junkie said:
What are the power requirements on the 50L?
I didn't get any specs on the 50 litre they just told me it would be released in March, drop them a line when they come back after new year, they do respond quickly

That video of the Ace showing the underside is definitely the same as the Robobrew, however the Ace looks much tidier. The wiring is neater, and the pump (which is the same), is secured with proper hose clamps, whereas the Robobrew just has those cheap wire jobbies.

My warranty replacement for the mark 1 arrived today, the new non-pump model (mark 1.5 or whatever he's calling it). If anyone's interested in the new-bottom-of-the-line model...

New maltpipe seems quite an improvement, wont miss the old cake-rack. Should now be easy to use with one person I think, previously you needed another person for near-capacity brews to put the cake-rack in place, and to hold the malt-pipe still during dough-in. It's fixed firmly in place now

Havent brewed on it yet, will report on how the controller goes (warranty replacement was for the controller on the old model crapping out constantly). It's nice that you can easily wipe it down now if you accidentally boil over.

The new maltpipe is also slightly larger internal diameter it looks like, so you should be able to brew with slightly more grain in it easily

Pretty much everything else is visibly unchanged

TehCrucible said:
That video of the Ace showing the underside is definitely the same as the Robobrew, however the Ace looks much tidier. The wiring is neater, and the pump (which is the same), is secured with proper hose clamps, whereas the Robobrew just has those cheap wire jobbies.
That company does say it has 5 production lines, maybe the Robobrew is put on a line which is made up of new starters and the Ace/Gruten is manufactured using the more proficient staff.

Is anyone using theirs as a boiler for a still at all? t500 or something?

Homicidal Teddybear said:
Is anyone using theirs as a boiler for a still at all? t500 or something?
You will find that subject matter is verboten

Barge said:
You will find that subject matter is verboten
What's the deal with that?

I thought anything up to 5L was OK in Australia and that the forums were open to participants form other countries too.

peteru said:
What's the deal with that?

I thought anything up to 5L was OK in Australia and that the forums were open to participants form other countries too.
Anything UpTo 5l can be used for water and oils. Not spirits.

But yes from what I've seen anyone can be involved in this forum.

My LHBS said the larger Robobrew model which is rumoured yo be released in a month or two will be 65L.

The updated design of the robobrew looks really nice. So tempted to get the 35L with pump.

Back