Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the reasoning is, for the fridge at $329, is for those who already have everything to go, or for those wanting a fridge for fermenting. A 3 tap kegerator series 4, with the full Monty is $488.

Just left there, I think the price movements are being generated so fast they can't keep up with the price on the site.

No I meant kegland. The one I bought for $495 is down to $485. So it seems they are trying to beat each other. As you say, possibly not sustainable or good, but certainly good for people wanting to buy.

No I meant kegland. The one I bought for $495 is down to $485. So it seems they are trying to beat each other. As you say, possibly not sustainable or good, but certainly good for people wanting to buy.
No it isn't good for any other retailers, cuts their margins which from I understand are slim enough in the retail side of brewing equipment.

$460 at Kegland too. Should have waited a couple of weeks before I pulled the trigger!

I thought $495 was a damn good price. I mean it was, but the week before it was $535. And now $460. I say again, that's insane

It really is annoying! It just makes the punters feel like we are being ripped off! I remember I negotiated a tender for a service provided to my employer and managed to save $250 k per year. Same provider, same service - did we feel ripped off! So much so some (but not us) are starting a class action!
I guess what I am saying is just how much margin is on these products?

It really is annoying! It just makes the punters feel like we are being ripped off! I remember I negotiated a tender for a service provided to my employer and managed to save $250 k per year. Same provider, same service - did we feel ripped off! So much so some (but not us) are starting a class action!
I guess what I am saying is just how much margin is on these products?
Not as much as I thought there would be, for me a GM would be 75%, wholesale would be 50% giving the retailer a 100% return on his investment. In the home brewing retail industry this is not the case they may pick up on hops grain yeast etc but on hardware which have been bought from a importer / wholesaler the margins are slim, one reason I am not in favour of price wars. Everyone suffers apart from the punters. No one is being ripped off, margins are being cut, same overheads are there, just a reduced profit.

Back