Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep mine from KL does the same.
Yes mine did the same so I put an old computer fan in the kegerator on the compressor hump and pointed it at the condensor plate. I passed the power lead thru the gas line hole and have the adapter outside t he fridge. The plate no longer freezes up.

It just shows you how much mark up a lot of this gear has, ie. from when I purchased mine..........
I believe that it is the wholesalers taking a loss in this price war, retailers even more, as Keg Land is owned by two Chinese businessmen maybe the mentality is turnover, which is not unusual in China. A companies worth is in the net profit for money spent. It would be worthwhile for both sides to keep that in mind.

I believe that it is the wholesalers taking a loss in this price war, retailers even more, as Keg Land is owned by two Chinese businessmen maybe the mentality is turnover, which is not unusual in China. A companies worth is in the net profit for money spent. It would be worthwhile for both sides to keep that in mind.
Chinese looking or Chinese nationality?

It was something that really concerned me before I bought it and was a real sticking point. But to be honest it's not as bad as I was expecting it to be. Yes it makes noise and especially with the fan going it's noticable.

But compared to our food fridge and bar freezer it's not really much noisier

The fan's not that loud, its the gurgling that really irates me.
I have the kegerator set to -2. and that creates this really annoying gurgling sound. I assume everyone elses does that? Does it?

The fan's not that loud, its the gurgling that really irates me.
I have the kegerator set to -2. and that creates this really annoying gurgling sound. I assume everyone elses does that? Does it?

Yeah mine does the same thing. Even at these cheap prices i wouldn't buy another one if this one died. The main board fried after the first month, it's noisey, inefficient and cycles way to often for way to long. The only way i could stop it from frosting over was to stop using the fan and put one of those damp rid things in the back of it.

Down to $430 from Keg-King and $440 from Kegland.

Its important to note that the packages that we are selling are also not the same. Some of the differences are:

KegLand uses this new MK4 regulator
https://www.kegland.com.au/co2-gas-regulator-mk4-dual-gauge-multi-gas-type-30.html

The main benefits of the new model of regulator are:
1. The pressure relief valve is the new improved design so it can easily be used safely with various different pressure vessels such as the FermZilla.
2. The actual gauges themselves are triple scale and they are stronger than the previous gauges. We did get some customers say that the previous MK3 model had gauges that were too easy to get damages so this was upgraded.
3. The regulator has improved mounting holes at the back for a number of accessories that we will be releasing to go with these regulators.

EVABarrier tubing
The beer line is the double walled EVABarrier beer line while the "other supplier" is now using extruded polyethylene beer line that is not suitable for beer. Some good reading material you might want to refer to here can be found in this draft quality manual that has been issued by Brewers Association in America:
http://www.draughtquality.org/wp-content/uploads/DBQM17.pdf
The main benefits of EVABarrier beer line are:
1. It includes a barrier layer making the beer line less permeable (especially when compared with PE). This means your beer stays fresher for longer.
2. This beer line has accurately controlled outer diameter meaning it works better with many of the push in fittings including the new duotight fittings.
3. Its completely plasticiser free and BPA free. This is explained in this video here:

Better Taps
We use better stainless steel taps that will work more reliably than our competitors taps.

duotight Fittings
The new kits that we sell include duotight fittings that make the kegerator easier to install and setup and also easier to change later down the track.

So as much as the fridge body looks identical it's not possible to say both kegerator kits are the same.

Its important to note that the packages that we are selling are also not the same. Some of the differences are:

KegLand uses this new MK4 regulator
https://www.kegland.com.au/co2-gas-regulator-mk4-dual-gauge-multi-gas-type-30.html

The main benefits of the new model of regulator are:
1. The pressure relief valve is the new improved design so it can easily be used safely with various different pressure vessels such as the FermZilla.
2. The actual gauges themselves are triple scale and they are stronger than the previous gauges. We did get some customers say that the previous MK3 model had gauges that were too easy to get damages so this was upgraded.
3. The regulator has improved mounting holes at the back for a number of accessories that we will be releasing to go with these regulators.

EVABarrier tubing
The beer line is the double walled EVABarrier beer line while the "other supplier" is now using extruded polyethylene beer line that is not suitable for beer. Some good reading material you might want to refer to here can be found in this draft quality manual that has been issued by Brewers Association in America:
http://www.draughtquality.org/wp-content/uploads/DBQM17.pdf
The main benefits of EVABarrier beer line are:
1. It includes a barrier layer making the beer line less permeable (especially when compared with PE). This means your beer stays fresher for longer.
2. This beer line has accurately controlled outer diameter meaning it works better with many of the push in fittings including the new duotight fittings.
3. Its completely plasticiser free and BPA free. This is explained in this video here:

Better Taps
We use better stainless steel taps that will work more reliably than our competitors taps.

duotight Fittings
The new kits that we sell include duotight fittings that make the kegerator easier to install and setup and also easier to change later down the track.

So as much as the fridge body looks identical it's not possible to say both kegerator kits are the same.

And for all these reasons, I went for your kegerator over Keg-King......just two weeks too early it would seem!

My point was that they are very similar prices, but I think with your product developments and inclusions it's worth the extra $10

P.S Can I return mine for a refund and then purchase again at the cheaper price please?

I am not quite sure where you get your information but KegLand is owned by Australian citizens, operated in Australia citizens and employs Australian citizens.

The KegLand business model has nothing to do with nationality so not sure why Chinese comes into it. The objective for us here is to provide value to our customers by:
1. Continually developing new products that simply work better, have more features, or are more robust.
2. Making our operations more efficient by improving our logistical efficiencies, order process, automating grain weighing, pickup lockers, improving software integration, etc. These efficiencies are what enable us to price more competitively.

Luckily KegLand is run by people who love and enjoy the hobby and the profit or "worth" of the company is not relevant to us. To be perfectly honest we will probably not make profit for a long time due to the large amount that is invested in new product development and this doesn't bother us at all.

I am not quite sure where you get your information but KegLand is owned by Australian citizens, operated in Australia citizens and employs Australian citizens.

The KegLand business model has nothing to do with nationality so not sure why Chinese comes into it. The objective for us here is to provide value to our customers by:
1. Continually developing new products that simply work better, have more features, or are more robust.
2. Making our operations more efficient by improving our logistical efficiencies, order process, automating grain weighing, pickup lockers, improving software integration, etc. These efficiencies are what enable us to price more competitively.

Luckily KegLand is run by people who love and enjoy the hobby and the profit or "worth" of the company is not relevant to us. To be perfectly honest we will probably not make profit for a long time due to the large amount that is invested in new product development and this doesn't bother us at all.
Wow guys! You must have a big bankroll then!
And I agree, nationality has nothing to do with how a business operates!
I have worked for companies owned by Anglos, Italians, Filipinos & Japanese & they all had good and bad practices (I will never sell to an overseas company was my favourite - just before we were sold to the Filipinos).
I guess as long as your business practices comply with Australian law - it’s fine!
My kegerator V4 is a bit gurgling and seems to struggle keeping temperature and in retrospect I sometime wish that when I was down sizing, I kept my Keezer and sold the kegerator (I learnt how to put shanks straight through the front on the day I sold it! My main bug bear with font mounted keezers was lifting the lid!)
But the products you sell are innovative and the price point is brilliant!

Never said that the owners, Sam and Huong are not Australian citizens, just said that as Chinese businessmen in my experience, seem to always go for turnover by selling cheap. Now if the explanation that the fittings you use in your kegerator are allegedly superior to the ones used by Keg King, surely it would have been easier to say that prior to going into a price war and trying to match prices.

Wow guys! You must have a big bankroll then!
And I agree, nationality has nothing to do with how a business operates!
I have worked for companies owned by Anglos, Italians, Filipinos & Japanese & they all had good and bad practices (I will never sell to an overseas company was my favourite - just before we were sold to the Filipinos).
I guess as long as your business practices comply with Australian law - it’s fine!
My kegerator V4 is a bit gurgling and seems to struggle keeping temperature and in retrospect I sometime wish that when I was down sizing, I kept my Keezer and sold the kegerator (I learnt how to put shanks straight through the front on the day I sold it! My main bug bear with font mounted keezers was lifting the lid!)
But the products you sell are innovative and the price point is brilliant!

Thanks for that Kenf. So perhaps we should have some Keezer options? Keezers are particularly good if you want to have lots of kegs (4 or more). I am not sure they look as good and lifting the kegs over the side of the freezer is not always that easy. They do consume less power which is one nice aspect.

Never said that the owners, Sam and Huong are not Australian citizens, just said that as Chinese businessmen in my experience, seem to always go for turnover by selling cheap. Now if the explanation that the fittings you use in your kegerator are allegedly superior to the ones used by Keg King, surely it would have been easier to say that prior to going into a price war and trying to match prices.

You can call it a price war if you like. At the end of the day we are a very efficient business and if we can continue to operate on tight margins while still being able to put time and money into product development then we are happy to keep doing this forever and it's a very sustainable business. If you are to talk to the shareholders, staff, and management we are all quite positive about the direction that we are going especially given that we have only just got to 1 year old (we started in Jan 2018).

If you are looking for a Kegerator I don't know why anyone would bother getting gear that is clearly not as good if faced with pretty much the same price tag. So I guess we have made our customers decision as easy as possible.

Latest posts

Back