Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as much as I thought there would be, for me a GM would be 75%, wholesale would be 50% giving the retailer a 100% return on his investment. In the home brewing retail industry this is not the case they may pick up on hops grain yeast etc but on hardware which have been bought from a importer / wholesaler the margins are slim, one reason I am not in favour of price wars. Everyone suffers apart from the punters. No one is being ripped off, margins are being cut, same overheads are there, just a reduced profit.
I guess only those who bought at the higher price? I know this generates sales for the two protagonists, but when you see this aggressive price cutting you might think to yourself “well I will delay buying one of these as the price will be lower next week!”
Makes you wonder - is there a Kegerator 5 coming?

Sorry mate! That’s just me being a bit cynical - once upon a time I used to see the world through rose coloured glasses.
These days ?

On keg kings facebook page: Keg King $329 Series 4 Fridge Sale on again this Friday and Saturday 18&19 January at our retail outlet only! Includes CO2 regulator, cylinder bracket, castor wheels, guard rail, drip tray and shelf. No pre-orders, no online orders. Just come in and drag one away for your home bar, mancave or cafe.

I pounced on the Fridge only setup. Unfortunately I didn't have the coinage for the Triple Tap set up just yet. It appeared they were overstocked as they were staked to the roof pretty much

I went down today fully intending to get the basic model for $329, ended up with the 3 tap for $445, saves a lot of mucking around.

I have bought 2 of the buggers, both from KK, the last one I got a discount. (the 1st one was left outside too long and died)

They are very noisy, they gurgle a lot. Also, they frost up.

For me, I will next time buy a cheapo freezer and convert.

I have bought 2 of the buggers, both from KK, the last one I got a discount. (the 1st one was left outside too long and died)

They are very noisy, they gurgle a lot. Also, they frost up.

For me, I will next time buy a cheapo freezer and convert.

Hey @Nullnvoid, how does your new Kegerator sound? Would love to know your thoughts/opinion.

Hey @Nullnvoid, how does your new Kegerator sound? Would love to know your thoughts/opinion.

It was something that really concerned me before I bought it and was a real sticking point. But to be honest it's not as bad as I was expecting it to be. Yes it makes noise and especially with the fan going it's noticable.

But compared to our food fridge and bar freezer it's not really much noisier

My KK kegerator (4) is situated inside an insulated shed beside the door, so no restrictions to airflow, and it does not get any direct heat from the sun, but I have noticed that the left side (facing as you pour) gets really hot at times and there appears to be insulation dripping onto the floor.
Although it is supposed to take 3 kegs, I usually only run 1 keg.
I run my kegerator at about 6 c.
This is my 3rd kegerator from KK and this one is about 3 years old.

Latest posts

Back